Family Ten Club Memberships?

JelmotJelmot Posts: 19
Like many of you, I have been a Ten Club member for many, many years and have attended all of the shows here in my home town. I started listening to Pearl Jam when I was 11 years old and I'm nearing 40. I have a wife and three sons who would love to attend the shows with me, but  Ten Club membership allow two tickets per member per show. Does anyone know if Pearl Jam have ever considered allowing current or long-term members to apply to have a 'family membership'? If the Ten Club provided the option for Family Memberships, then parents who have listed to PJ since they were kids would be able to take their teenage kids (or older) to shows so that they too could enjoy the experience together. A family membership would definitely uncomplicate the process of finding tickets for the whole family so they can enjoy the live experience together, and it might even be a good idea for further income for the Ten Club by providing a family upgrade option. Has this ever come up before? 

Comments

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,385
    Tickets are already hard enough to come by. By taking more tickets in the process, you're screwing the rest of us out here in the ticket pool. Head on over to Ticketmaster if you need family tickets together.
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,112
    Why not just have your wife and/or child(ren) join Ten Club?
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    KM73780 said:
    Why not just have your wife and/or child(ren) join Ten Club?
    that;s the one.- couples also have the benefit of applying for GA and seats, taking the best and selling the others. Not to mention that TM the option for 2+ seats.

The idea in theory is honest, but when a family wants to go, there's plenty of ways to work around it. 

1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    Once teenage kids have the ability to get to a concert without an adult, they do not want to go to a concert with their parents. 
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 145
    hihobibo said:
    Once teenage kids have the ability to get to a concert without an adult, they do not want to go to a concert with their parents. 
    This is not necessarily true. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,828
    hihobibo said:

Bingo.

Before that phase, here's what I'd do if you absolutely need to sit in a larger group.

Get a second membership.
    If you know how to work the system, you can get two pairs of tickets per show. They won't be together, but you'll be in.
    Go in as early as possible to the worse seats.
    When the people beside you come up, explain your situation and offer them the your other pair.

The other thing you could do is let your original membership expire, then both parents sign up for their own at the same time. This *should* get you consecutive numbers. It may not guarantee consecutive seats, but they should be close together.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Travelar said:
    Tickets are already hard enough to come by. By taking more tickets in the process, you're screwing the rest of us out here in the ticket pool. Head on over to Ticketmaster if you need family tickets together.
    I think the OP is willing to pay for the upgrade. Not looking to screw anyone out of tickets, looking for a way to get more than 2 seats together and do it through the fan club. If they end up buying multiple memberships they will likely end up going for the same number of tickets so it might not impact anyone else’s odds too much. The hard thing is allowing so many variables like groups of 3, 4, 5... it becomes harder to manage. 
    jstu39 said:
    I think the OP is willing to pay for the upgrade. Not looking to screw anyone out of tickets, looking for a way to get more than 2 seats together and do it through the fan club. If they end up buying multiple memberships they will likely end up going for the same number of tickets so it might not impact anyone else’s odds too much. The hard thing is allowing so many variables like groups of 3, 4, 5... it becomes harder to manage. 

The term family membership implies (to me) one membership where they can choose x consecutive tickets for an increased cost. I am not OK with this. I'd be more OK with this if the family has multiple memberships and if two or more memberships were selected for tickets, they could sit together. 

Either way you slice it, this seems like a logistical nightmare as far as management of memberships goes. Probably not conducive to the way that TM conducts business (relevant since they now manage the ticketing program).
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 219
    Ten Club should allow a purchase of 4 tickets to a 10c member.  
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Travelar said:
    jstu39 said:

The term family membership implies (to me) one membership where they can choose x consecutive tickets for an increased cost. I am not OK with this. I'd be more OK with this if the family has multiple memberships and if two or more memberships were selected for tickets, they could sit together. 

Either way you slice it, this seems like a logistical nightmare as far as management of memberships goes. Probably not conducive to the way that TM conducts business (relevant since they now manage the ticketing program).
    Why would it be hard?

Seems simple to me, kids allowed under the membership.  Kids name goes under the membership and only they are allowed into the show.  Have them under the membership until they are 18 then an option to carry on as an adult after the fact.Have an option to put them into fan 2 fan if the kids can't go.

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    No way. Hard enough to get tickets usually. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    So that even more people get shut out? No thanks.
  • jefft said:
    Travelar said:
    jstu39 said:

Why would it be hard?

Seems simple to me, kids allowed under the membership.  Kids name goes under the membership and only they are allowed into the show.  Have them under the membership until they are 18 then an option to carry on as an adult after the fact.Have an option to put them into fan 2 fan if the kids can't go.

Nobody would ever try to cheat the system and claim that they have a boatload of kids.  I can't see 10C asking for verification in the way of birth certificates or a tax return claiming them as a dependent.  I think that the OP was earnest in the original posting....but the logistics make it nearly impossible to pull off without fraud on the part of a select few folks...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    I think anyone wanting to take the whole family should look to the public sale. Essentially this request is asking to take fan club tickets away from other members so that they can be given to kids, parents, aunts, uncles, close friends, etc.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,674
    jefft said:
    Travelar said:
    jstu39 said:

Why would it be hard?

Nobody would ever try to cheat the system and claim that they have a boatload of kids.  
    Nope, never. :lol:
    4 dudes in ripped jeans and leather jackets walk up to the 10C ticket pick up window:

"Hi' I'm Johnny 10Club, I'm 44, here's my 47 year old son Joey 10Club, my other 43 year old son Dee Dee 10Club and my 42 year old son Tommy 10Club"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I signed up my 3 year old niece. She badly wants a tambourine. And we go rail or nothing....We need to be seen to feel validated....
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,008
    Poncier said:
    jefft said:
    Travelar said:
    jstu39 said:

Why would it be hard?

Nobody would ever try to cheat the system and claim that they have a boatload of kids.  
    Nope, never. :lol:
    4 dudes in ripped jeans and leather jackets walk up to the 10C ticket pick up window:

"Hi' I'm Johnny 10Club, I'm 44, here's my 47 year old son Joey 10Club, my other 43 year old son Dee Dee 10Club and my 42 year old son Tommy 10Club" 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,008
    ^^^don't forget about Richie!!!! He's the only one you could get to show up now.
    JimmyV said:
    I think anyone wanting to take the whole family should look to the public sale. Essentially this request is asking to take fan club tickets away from other members so that they can be given to kids, parents, aunts, uncles, close friends, etc.
    If the family members are signed up with family memberships if available they’d be paying members just like everyone else.  The OP is asking for a way to sit with their family. Otherwise they buy multiple memberships and enter for tickets multiple times. It wouldn’t take away tickets or impact odds much. Only seat locating if they win. I actually think it might improve ticket availability as people wouldn’t have multiple memberships. For example, I need 3 tickets for shows, me, my wife and son. My son got a membership when he turned 18 so we now have 4 tickets fan club to a show taking one away from another member because we couldn’t get 3. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    jstu39 said:
    JimmyV said:
    If the family members are signed up with family memberships if available they’d be paying members just like everyone else.  The OP is asking for a way to sit with their family. Otherwise they buy multiple memberships and enter for tickets multiple times. It wouldn’t take away tickets or impact odds much. Only seat locating if they win. I actually think it might improve ticket availability as people wouldn’t have multiple memberships. For example, I need 3 tickets for shows, me, my wife and son. My son got a membership when he turned 18 so we now have 4 tickets fan club to a show taking one away from another member because we couldn’t get 3. 

They have a way to sit together. It is through the public sale, as I mentioned. The OP is asking to buy 5 fanclub tickets, taking 3 tickets away from other members. He and his family are free to do exactly what your son did and each have their own membership.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    jstu39 said:
    JimmyV said:

They have a way to sit together. It is through the public sale, as I mentioned. The OP is asking to buy 5 fanclub tickets, taking 3 tickets away from other members. He and his family are free to do exactly what your son did and each have their own membership.
    They also can buy 3 memberships and get 6 tickets which actually takes a ticket away from fan club members. A family option might prevent multiple memberships and actually benefit fan club members. Not saying it’s perfect. Just a thought. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Would you take worse seats just to be together? Like TM, when you need 4, usually further back.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,424
    but who gets the membership in the case of divorce? both get remarried, and brady bunch level. how the family is 12+.  and daughter number 2 just got knocked up. if she doesn't marry the guy does he still count as a family member? what about the dog? fido is like a service dog. can we bring him?
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    edited May 2020

PLEASE!

Stop giving them ideas to suck more money out of our bank accounts.

And making tickets to tours harder to come by.

P.S. I've been along for the "trip" since summer of 1991. My adult sons, grew up with P.J. played in the car, home, etc. They HATE this band. Can't stand em'.

P.S.S. If your family was to sit by us, I would inform you before the show began, that marijuana would be smoked the entire show. And it would not be a good idea to have your children sit in the next seat over. I have had to do this at past shows.

It is after all "A rock show. Not a fucking tea party"

P.T.

Post edited by ryph raph on
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

pjhawks said:
    but who gets the membership in the case of divorce? both get remarried, and brady bunch level. how the family is 12+.  and daughter number 2 just got knocked up. if she doesn't marry the guy does he still count as a family member? what about the dog? fido is like a service dog. can we bring him?
    And what about Alice and Sam the butcher?
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 219
    Travelar said:
    Open up the entire venue to 10c. 4 ticket max. 72 hours to purchase. If 10c sells out the venue, no public on sale. If there are tix left after 72 hours, then remainder can be released to public. 
  • Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    And what about Alice and Sam the butcher?
    That had to be a freaky-deaky relationship in the sack...didn't Alice have a room behind the kitchen.
    the brady bunch lol GIF by TV Land Classic
    Yep Alice's room was just off the kitchen. That's where Sam made the meat deliveries.
    Travelar said:
    Open up the entire venue to 10c. 
    Live Nation would never agree to that.
    10C has done a great job securing tix the past few years, but to expect them to be given 100% is pure folly.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    edited May 2020
    I'm not sure I agree with the family thing and being able to get 4 tickets.  It's hard enough getting 2 tickets to a show, so if people score 4, it puts other people out.

I'm mildly hypocritical because my wife has a membership, but we usually don't use them on the same show.   If it's 2 shows, we both put in for separate nights hoping to increase odds of getting GA. On the flip side we've never absorbed 4 tickets for a single night.

It's tough, if tickets were more plentiful than maybe its a good idea, but if letting groups of 4 get tickets means other people don't get any tickets, that's a tough sell.
    Post edited by Zod on