Report a parked car as abandoned?

A car has been parked in front of my house for 30 plus days. We've been on a stay ay home order for about 40 days.

Theres too many homes to go door-to-door to see whose it is. We and other neighbors would use the spot of available.

Our city has a 24 hour public parking ordinance.
The stay at home order expires June 1st.

Would you call in the vehicle as abandoned?
Cut them some slack due to the stay at home order?
Call it in early june?
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    They’re probably holed up with family somewhere on the block.  I’d wait until early June, or a week after the stay at home order expires, before you call it in.  I doubt that it is a city priority right now anyway.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205

Ummmm cut them some slack for sure.  It’s weird times out there. Can’t imagine that’s real high on the city priorities list right now.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    Thats what i was leaning towards. The only thing that is getting to me is that out all the potential houses it could be, have driveway space for the car which makes it irrational.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I don't mean to be gross, but did you glance into the car to make sure no one is in it? 

I only ask because a handful of blocks up from where I live, there was an abandon car not belonging to anyone on the street. They reported it after a week. In the car was a girl reported missing. She was murdered. Never found the person responsible. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Ewww, you're gross!
    ;)

Hope to FSM that isn't the case for Mookey.  

Try putting a tag on the window facing the street.  Perhaps the person might see it and respond?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved