4/29/2016 Poster - Philadelphia

I am looking to purchase this poster if anyone is willing to part. It was my first PJ concert. 

Thanks

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    Special first show. What was a highlight for you?
  • asmit737asmit737 Posts: 3
    edited May 2020
    Sorry, first time on the forum!
    Post edited by asmit737 on
  • asmit737asmit737 Posts: 3
    Loujoe said:
    From start to finish I was blown away by the atmosphere and special occasion of seeing Ten from start to finish for the open. I loved hearing Eddie do Comfortably Numb because I saw Roger Waters do the Wall at Citizens Bank a few years prior. 

My father passed away in 2010 and he was a huge Pearl Jam fan. It wasn't until after he passed away that I really went through his own discography and listened to the vinyls and CD's straight through in addition to finding Temple of the Dog, Screaming Trees, Mother Love Bone, etc. All of which I have heard of, just never really "loved them". It was a way for me to keep a part of my dad always with me. 

When Eddie sang Release and had a little monologue before playing, it was a real hit at home moment during the concert. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    asmit737 said:
    Loujoe said:
    From start to finish I was blown away by the atmosphere and special occasion of seeing Ten from start to finish for the open. I loved hearing Eddie do Comfortably Numb because I saw Roger Waters do the Wall at Citizens Bank a few years prior. 

My father passed away in 2010 and he was a huge Pearl Jam fan. It wasn't until after he passed away that I really went through his own discography and listened to the vinyls and CD's straight through in addition to finding Temple of the Dog, Screaming Trees, Mother Love Bone, etc. All of which I have heard of, just never really "loved them". It was a way for me to keep a part of my dad always with me. 

When Eddie sang Release and had a little monologue before playing, it was a real hit at home moment during the concert. 
    Welcome to the forum :peace: Very cool that PJ is a thread that continues to connect you and your dad, even when he's no longer physically amongst us.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,032
    Sorry about your Dad. That was a great show. I'm lucky to have seen quite a few, and that was one of their best!
    Good luck on your poster hunt! 
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
    This has nothing to do with your poster (good luck) but man that's a great story. I listen to music with my kids all the time and I hope they have the same feelings many many many many decades later. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."