Options

IRS stimulus checks

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
edited April 2020 in A Moving Train
For those who have been shut out til now, the application has been updated. I was able to get through to add info and show as eligible now....
article I found it in...

IRS link to the "Get My " page...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by mickeyrat on

Comments

• Options
    Soooooooo yesterday, my dead FiL received a piece of mail from the Treasury Dept. Pay to the order of........

He's been gone 11 months now.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    They say you don’t have to pay those misspent checks back.  At least I’m pretty sure I read that.  Looks like it’s time for a shopping spree
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Show me the money.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    static111 said:
    They say you don’t have to pay those misspent checks back.  At least I’m pretty sure I read that.  Looks like it’s time for a shopping spree
    2 yrs and a $10,000 fine for forging a treasury check.....

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I think this is common when people pass, for the govt to be behind a bit.  Just year it up and all is good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    They printed it so it can’t be a forgery. I have definitely read that people
    have received direct deposits based on dead relatives that they won’t be required to pay back, I can’t see a huge difference between a direct deposit and a paper check.Maybe it can be cashed as the estate of? PS does it actually say Donald trump on the check
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    They came out and said anything paid on a dead person will need to be repaid.
  • Options
    Oh man I missed that. I guess our friend Mickey won’t be able to cash that windfall....
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    I think this is common when people pass, for the govt to be behind a bit.  Just year it up and all is good.
    Treasury issues SS checks and those stopped for the following month.......

• Options
    Huh.  One division of treasury not updating another divisions system I guess.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    They’ll probably charge interest...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    have received direct deposits based on dead relatives that they won’t be required to pay back, I can’t see a huge difference between a direct deposit and a paper check.Maybe it can be cashed as the estate of? PS does it actually say Donald trump on the check
    You wouldn’t be forging the check. Just possibly the signature to Cash it. But was it direct deposited into his bank account that you have power of attorney over? 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    You wouldn’t be forging the check. Just possibly the signature to Cash it. But was it direct deposited into his bank account that you have power of attorney over? 
    nope. Physical check.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    Then if you have to sign a dead person's name to cash it I don’t see how that wouldn’t be check forgery.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,633
    Can someone make a convincing argument that taking money going to a dead person somehow isn’t theft? 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    Sending $ to people like this was a huge stupid mistake. People who kept jobs got $. Such a dumb stupid blanket means of getting votes. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Sending $ to people like this was a huge stupid mistake. People who kept jobs got $. Such a dumb stupid blanket means of getting votes. 
    I thought the same at first. But then learned this virus will likely cost me about 10k over the next year. As a teacher I’m still “working” and getting paid, but my benefits contribution are being cut by $450/month and was told to expect a pay decrease on top of that due to lost tax revenue. So while I may not need it right now like some, that money we got it will help a little over the next year. It will likely be 3 or 4 years before I make again what I made this year. In the long haul it’ll cost me probably 20-30k in salary and benefits if not more.
    So to be honest I don’t feel too bad receiving money. I can almost promise you teachers will probably be hit the hardest out of public employees. You won’t see firemen, cops, DMV employees lose 15% of their salary indefinitely. They always take it out on teachers the most.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    edited May 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    I'm hearing that they will be asking for those back.  Just hang onto it at this point.  You can't cash it anyway unless you set up an estate account.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    I'm hearing that they will be asking for those back.  Just hang onto it at this point.  You can't cash it anyway unless you set up an estate account.
    Or frame it as a limited edition Trump campaign memorabilia.  I have a feeling uncashed checks will be a very rare item in a few years. Maybe even worth more than the amount on the check someday.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    Or frame it as a limited edition Trump campaign memorabilia.  I have a feeling uncashed checks will be a very rare item in a few years. Maybe even worth more than the amount on the check someday.
    Unfortunately, you're probably right. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.

Interesting thought! 

Trump memorabilia, LOL.  Kind of like Lemmy collecting Nazi paraphernalia- a good investment on a bad concept.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Recommended reading:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    Possibly....I hung on to the letter our kids got.  I got a kick out of how the back of the letter was written in mexican.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    Possibly....I hung on to the letter our kids got.  I got a kick out of how the back of the letter was written in mexican.
    written in mexican? you know they read,  write and speak spanish?

unless you also mean the front was written in american....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    written in mexican? you know they read,  write and speak spanish?

unless you also mean the front was written in american....
    I was speaking trumpanzee.....front american, back mexican

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    static111 said:
    nope. Physical check.
    theres a check box on the envelope. usps will send it back. just need to drop in the mail.