Options

ISO Wantlist Vinyl: Various Artists

1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
edited July 2020 in Lost Dogs
I’m looking for some hard to find vinyl and everyone on Discogs is jacking prices: 

- Opened VG+ Lost Dogs vinyl. One that has been well taken care of to play (often).
- Back on Black 2012 Queensryche Operation Mindcrime RE
- Brandi Carlile The Story - OG or RE
- Blues Traveller - Four 
- Janes Addiction - Strays

Thanks 
Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on

Comments

• Options
    Hump day bump
  • Options
    KN116254KN116254 Posts: 26
    I have a rearview mirror for sale PM me
  • Options
    Bump 
  • Options
    Victoria Day Long Weekend bump
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700
    discogs has a few lost dogs for sale. they arent cheap. but I am very happy with the one I bought......

it sounds very clean. pure....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    People on Discogs are getting greedy. The lowest asking price is over $100CDN more than the highest historical price on that platform. 
    Thanks for the heads up but I’m not adding $75US to the value of a Lost Dogs just because I need a playable version.

Thought one of the Faithful might sell theirs at market value. 👍
  • Options
    People on Discogs are getting greedy. The lowest asking price is over $100CDN more than the highest historical price on that platform. 
    Thanks for the heads up but I’m not adding $75US to the value of a Lost Dogs just because I need a playable version.

well you can take a shot at a few of those , they have the make an offer button active. got mine 75 cheaper that way.... worse that hasppens is they say no.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

well you can take a shot at a few of those , they have the make an offer button active. got mine 75 cheaper that way.... worse that hasppens is they say no.
    Fair enough. Ive got a NM unplayed version framed on the wall with all the other Pearl Jam Original Issues. 
    Just looking for one that had been played and taken care of.  
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,650
    What is market value???
  • Options
    There were an outlier or two on there... but a NM would be $325 US

Im hoping to find a VG+ which would be half that price... somewhere in the 150-175 range. 

• Options
    I paid 300 for nmx2. most of the listed prices at that time were 375 to 500. frankly I think my vinyl is m with cover corner ding making nm

• Options
    edited May 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    I paid 300 for nmx2. most of the listed prices at that time were 375 to 500. frankly I think my vinyl is m with cover corner ding making nm
    I think mine was $225 when I got it. Was a while back though. 

I offered $325US to the seller from Canada with an explanation. Seller was asking $495US. Got a fast decline 😂
    They have another grail I’m in search of; Tom Petty Wildflowers. Think she wanted $585US for that one. 

It’s basic economics... what is scarce has value... I just like hunting for a deal if I can find it 👍
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    quick decline is automatic I think. until you hit their unstated minimum it kicks it back instantly

• Options
    welp, good luck.....

• Options
    yungaveyungave Posts: 14
    I've gone through two visually NM copies of Los Dogs.  Both sounded like shit. Anyone else find that this album has tons of surface noise? Perhaps the seller (who refunded me, by the way) had two crappy copies that looked amazing?
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    My lost Dogs sounds really good FWIW
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    mine sounds fantastic. crisp and clear.

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,650
    Mine sounds amazing 
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524

Absolutely. Plus, I think there's a few people that say, "I know it's worth X, and I dont really wanna let it go, so if someone offers me X +$100, I'd be ok to part with it.."

And I'm desperately looking for a copy, but won't pay those list prices either.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Gibson said:

Absolutely. Plus, I think there's a few people that say, "I know it's worth X, and I dont really wanna let it go, so if someone offers me X +$100, I'd be ok to part with it.."

And I'm desperately looking for a copy, but won't pay those list prices either.
    Discogs gets a cut on each transaction so that is probably worked into their prices, however, I am positive you are correct. The seller is thinking “one sucker in the world of Discogs is desperate enough to pay too much for this incorrectly graded wax”. 
    I like Discogs, but it may be creating a “vinyl bubble”... over-inflating the value of vinyl. 
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Do the Bumpty Bump. Just watch me do the Bumpty Bump. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Update bump. The VG+ Tea Party record went for 53€ on eBay. Missed out but snagged the Sealed copy in Italy on Discogs for 73€. A VG+ should be half of a mint copy so it appears to be a good deal..... but I’m thinking the value of vinyl is waaaay outta whack these days. Big giant bubble is forming. 

Anyways... still looking for those other gems. 👍