"Pearl Jam" facemasks by bogus fan sites

Long RedLong Red Posts: 185
The sheer amount of bull shit Facebook pages pushing garbage with Pearl Jam's name on it is infuriating. Do the people who buy or comment on that stuff REALLY think this band would sanction a fucking facemask with the stickman logo on it? C'mon, ya fucking rubes.

Comments

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    The fact that we live in a world right now where masks are now becoming a form of expression and a fashion statement is the most disgusting part of it all. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,871
    You can’t be surprised? Everyone is trying to make a buck selling masks, gloves, sanitizer, TP . Then you got these wackos protesting to get cities back open even when the virus is still killing people in that particular city. I understand people need to work and we all want the same thing but get back in your house and shut the fuck up. What I’ve learned from this pandemic is that no matter what happens in this world is that people are selfish and nuts. You got a nut job running the country who can barely read a teleprompter and pronounce words with more than 5 letters. The guy in one statement says to stay home and then tweets telling people to Liberate certain states. The guy is going to cause a civil war. All these dumb people that believe in this guy are the people that will make this virus worse. This country is doomed if they follow that clown in the shit house. Just stay home and do your part. I’m so frustrated by trump, I can’t believe anyone would vote for such a moron. Get a clue.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,828
    I'm fairly sure I have yet to see an authorized/licensed product be advertised on Facebook. You think they'd care about that stuff being knockoffs...but they don't.

I guess tagging Santos with a mention of "counterfeit item" or something is the way to go.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I went to Lowes yesterday.  So many people you could barely walk.   About 30% of them had masks on.  

Im not fighting this battle lol.  If ugly bootleg masks get people wearing them then im ok with it. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,305
    Would be kinda cool if 10club sold Pearl Jam face masks. One per 10club member. With an added pocket for disposable non-woven liners.

It's tough to find any kind of good mask online or in stores these day's. It's even harder just to find regular dust masks. I use them every day for work and I can't find anything locally or online. Every flooring, hardware store in the province I've reached out have tried ordering stock but nothing has come in for many weeks now. All back order.

• MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 389
    edited April 2020
    The Dave Matthews Band offered an official mask for sale that quickly sold out.  All proceeds were going to charity.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Selling unauthorized stuff is another story.
    Post edited by MisterEtake2 on
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I went to Lowes yesterday.  So many people you could barely walk.   About 30% of them had masks on.  

Im not fighting this battle lol.  If ugly bootleg masks get people wearing them then im ok with it. 
    Going Lowes?  Unless you have a household emergency, why do that?? 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    My wife found some Pearl Jam material online about a week ago and plans on making me a mask once it arrives.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited April 2020
    myoung321 said:

Curbside pickup for some tools. Had to stick my head in the door tho because no one would come to the car.  Awful.  

Lowes and Home Depot must have soaring profits during this pandemic.  All of a sudden everyone is working on their house. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    demetrios said:
    Would be kinda cool if 10club sold Pearl Jam face masks. One per 10club member. With an added pocket for disposable non-woven liners.

It's tough to find any kind of good mask online or in stores these day's. It's even harder just to find regular dust masks. I use them every day for work and I can't find anything locally or online. Every flooring, hardware store in the province I've reached out have tried ordering stock but nothing has come in for many weeks now. All back order.

damn it i suggested/thought of this and posted it on another thread :lol::wink:

Could sell real well and money could go to help fight it.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    myoung321 said:

Curbside pickup for some tools. Had to stick my head in the door tho because no one would come to the car.  Awful.  

Lowes and Home Depot must have soaring profits during this pandemic.  All of a sudden everyone is working on their house. 
    My dad works for Home Depot, and he said the amount of paint they have been selling is unreal. Like triple the typical sales/day on paint, and similar to mulch/landscaping products.
  • HendonesiaHendonesia Posts: 106
    You can’t be surprised? Everyone is trying to make a buck selling masks, gloves, sanitizer, TP . Then you got these wackos protesting to get cities back open even when the virus is still killing people in that particular city. I understand people need to work and we all want the same thing but get back in your house and shut the fuck up. What I’ve learned from this pandemic is that no matter what happens in this world is that people are selfish and nuts. You got a nut job running the country who can barely read a teleprompter and pronounce words with more than 5 letters. The guy in one statement says to stay home and then tweets telling people to Liberate certain states. The guy is going to cause a civil war. All these dumb people that believe in this guy are the people that will make this virus worse. This country is doomed if they follow that clown in the shit house. Just stay home and do your part. I’m so frustrated by trump, I can’t believe anyone would vote for such a moron. Get a clue.
    This is as true and material today as it was 4 months ago. The fact that Pearl Jam has amended their European dates but not the US dates should also not go unnoticed. America is ignorant AF. 
    "Society..you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me.."
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    edited August 2020
    why does this bother anyone? it's not your business losing money. and i'll say i've bought PJ merchandise from non-PJ sites.  yes a mask and some coozies.   If it's merchandise the band doesn't provide and isn't something they wouldn't want to be tied to is it really that big of a deal?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    edited August 2020
    pjhawks said:
    why does this bother anyone? it's not your business losing money. and i'll say i've bought PJ merchandise from non-PJ sites.  yes a mask and some coozies.   If it's merchandise the band doesn't provide and isn't something they wouldn't want to be tied to is it really that big of a deal?
    Sort of.  It's intellectual property rights.   Someone is profiting from the band's logo's, name, and trademarks.   Band puts in the work developing that name, and someone else profits off it. Would anyone buy them if they weren't stealing the bands name and/or logo's?

That being said I'm not entire against it.   It's like piracy.  If a band (or tv/movie) don't sell a thing, or don't sell a thing in my region, do I feel bad about pirating it?  meh :)
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 195
    Long Red said:
    The sheer amount of bull shit Facebook pages pushing garbage with Pearl Jam's name on it is infuriating. Do the people who buy or comment on that stuff REALLY think this band would sanction a fucking facemask with the stickman logo on it? C'mon, ya fucking rubes.
    Do you have a link? I’d like to purchase a few. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    Zod said:
    pjhawks said:
    Sort of.  It's intellectual property rights.   Someone is profiting from the band's logo's, name, and trademarks.   Band puts in the work developing that name, and someone else profits off it. Would anyone buy them if they weren't stealing the bands name and/or logo's?

That being said I'm not entire against it.   It's like piracy.  If a band (or tv/movie) don't sell a thing, or don't sell a thing in my region, do I feel bad about pirating it?  meh :)
    They didn’t build it.