Eddie Live Tonight from Wherever He Has Roamed to

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,424
    TN49724 said:
    How they hell would you like to follow that?  A+ performance.....How does Eddie end up looking better than Paul or Elton on piano/keyboard/some 8 year old’s Yamaha.  Or Stevie
    Cause Elton and Paul are freaking old.

onr thing about Ed, he can raise his game when it’s needed
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,549
    That was great! Love that song
  • gwtmhgwtmh Posts: 6
    Very moving.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Something from Ed Solo shows (possibly a cover)
    Kinda knew it was his segment when it opens with a shot of a candle lol 

Great, great performance. I wonder if he’ll play the organ when they play that live, or if Boom will. 
    Eddie def
    I agree. It’ll be a weird visual at a PJ show to see him sitting at an organ. Probably will play it during the first encore. 
    He opened with it at Pilgrimage in 2017.  It was awesome. Agreed it will be different at a PJ show.  
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    River Cross
    He def can go into Beast Mode... you think we get one more Ed appearance? Ive watched YouTube all day, and the ones that early ended up ending their hourly blocks
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    A song/cover from between 2000-2013
    He should have played 
    JUST BREATHE 
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

edited April 2020
    Damn Mick songs good. First one close to ed
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    A song/cover from between 2000-2013
    Eddie sounded great. 

Elton confused us a little bit.   

Time for a movie
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    Well done. Still not my favorite song from Gigaton but that was great.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    River Cross
    Eddie killed it
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 558
    River Cross
    ahh I still like Elton, he goes all out. whatever that is. The stones were a lil shaky. Mick sounded good. He should've just gone solo. Charlie was cool. Keith was lost... lol. I know they joined late so not to by too critical

• gotsome420gotsome420 Posts: 528
    Am I the only one that isn't Into river cross? I mean it's an ok tune. Just doesn't really lift me up or fire me up at all. Love boat captain would have been great tonight. Still good to see Ed enjoying himself though.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,150
    WW187806 said:
    ahh I still like Elton, he goes all out. whatever that is. The stones were a lil shaky. Mick sounded good. He should've just gone solo. Charlie was cool. Keith was lost... lol. I know they joined late so not to by too critical

Rolling Stones popped the most so far. I thought they were great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I muted Keith Urban (?) but noticed Nicole Kidman at the end. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I was hoping for River Cross...great performance for a great event. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,574
    pjhawks said:
    Damn Mick songs good. First one close to ed
    I was blown away by how good he sounded. Only him and Ed impressed so far. Elton sounded off and Paul's keyboard was...weird.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Yeah.. .Elton was weeeeird. 

Mick was great.

Billie and Taylor is gonna steal the show though.
    WW187806 said:

I think Eddie’s performance was tonight’s highlight, but the Stones were great. Liked it a lot. 
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 2,029
    Seven O'Clock
    Ed and the Stones who were the only artists to play guitars Reign supreme, both really, really good performances. Keith was lost but, damn at this point the fact he's still alive is a blessing!
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• bbiggs said:
    WW187806 said:

I think Eddie’s performance was tonight’s highlight, but the Stones were great. Liked it a lot. 
    Stones #1 tonight 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

bbiggs said:
    WW187806 said:

Stones #1 tonight 
    Yeah, trying to look at it "objectively" I think they are at the top so far.
    So weird with all these celebrities. Somehow this is icky to me.
    So weird with all these celebrities. Somehow this is icky to me.
    Agree too much talking not enough music
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    River Cross
    bbiggs said:
    WW187806 said:

Stones #1 tonight 
    Well the Stones played a “hit” and got twice as much time as Ed.  Imagine if the entire band (PJ) got to play a full song like Immortality or Given To Fly or Alive
    vedpunk said:
    bbiggs said:
    WW187806 said:

Stones #1 tonight 
    Well the Stones played a “hit” and got twice as much time as Ed.  Imagine if the entire band (PJ) got to play a full song like Immortality or Given To Fly or Alive
    Good point. Ed still crushed it. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    This has the bigger acts but I enjoyed the simplicity of the afternoon show more.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    This has the bigger acts but I enjoyed the simplicity of the afternoon show more.
    True. Felt genuine. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited April 2020
    We've got some obviously biased people in here -- hahaha.  I thought his voice sounded strong in general  It's a beautiful song. The organ in the beginning was too loud until whoever was filming (Jill I suppose) moved to the other side.

Watching with my elderly mom, she says to me: "I can't understand a damned word he's saying!"  That's our Ed. We all have special Ed vocal ears, but for this song I don't know yet, I needed the close captions tonight, too!
    Post edited by what dreams on
    vedpunk said:
    bbiggs said:
    WW187806 said:

Stones #1 tonight 
    I don't know what the point here is.

But yeah okey, I would not have. a problem with seeing PJ do a song.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,440
    Ya, the Stones popped. I always thought it would be great when people started teleconferencing instead of travelling, but seeing the guys play like that made me cry. Mike was right; the world needs human connections.

The Killers kicked ass earlier. I liked how Keith whoever did his 3 musical parts, how clever!

Nice to see that gorgeous organ Ed played. I loved all the candles creating ambiance during this sunny day, too! 

Cheers.