Options

Soundgarden - Rhinosaur/Down on The Upside

NitroNitro Posts: 264
So I was listening to a random mix and 'Rhinosaur' came on. It has been some time since I popped on this album, but I was blown away. This song, particularly at that 2 minute mark when the guitar and drums legit go nuts blew my mind. I forgot how amazing this song is. It just changed everything. Maybe with a three year old at home since I've only heard Frozen a billion times that this struck a cord, but holy shit. Been having this album on non-stop since hearing that...but I think Rhinosaur is as bad ass a song out there. That's all for now.

Comments

• Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I've developed an appreciation for this album long after it came out, but I still feel it's too long.  There are some standout tracks but a lot of filler also.
  • Options
    I listen to this every few months. Rhinosaur, zero chance, tighter and tighter, boot camp, and dusty all up there with their best work 
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    For some reason I love .......Switch Opens! This album is one of my favorites.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    love this album, Ty Cobb, Tighter and Tighter, Overfloater, and BootCamp hit me everytime.  A little Zep in some of these songs.  It was too bad the band never quite got the stardom they deserved.  They were huge, but never seemingly in the same breath as PJ and Nirvana
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    This was always my favorite song off this record.