Alright Boys, Get off your lazy asses and do something!

Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=130&v=OyMAJ8JGxkU&feature=emb_logo

If Sammy Hagar, as well as many other bands, can do this type of thing why isn't Pearl Jam doing something like this? I mean it's not like they just released a new album or anything special like that. 

Come on! Get with it, the technology is there, the purpose is there and the fans are needing it!!!!!

Comments

• Long RedLong Red Posts: 185
    I'm not not agreeing with you.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,871
    Cause Eddie doesn’t lip sync or sing along to a cd.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    Doesn’t really seem like their thing. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Long RedLong Red Posts: 185

If Sammy Hagar, as well as many other bands, can do this type of thing why isn't Pearl Jam doing something like this? I mean it's not like they just released a new album or anything special like that. 

Come on! Get with it, the technology is there, the purpose is there and the fans are needing it!!!!!
    Ya know, upon further thought, I definitely do not agree with you. Also, Sammy Hagar is a tool.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2020
    Long Red said:

Ya know, upon further thought, I definitely do not agree with you. Also, Sammy Hagar is a tool.
    That's your prerogative, no harm no foul. But I have to ask, why wouldn't you want to see the band do something like this???  I don't think it's asking a lot. Once a week, record them playing a track from the new album. 
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524
    It does occur to me that there's 5 (or 6) members in the band whom all have families.   We're supposed to be socially distancing to prevent the spread of the disease.   Is it a good idea to have all 5 (or 6) members of the band in the same room?
  • Eddie is playing a set tonight.... YOU get off your lazy ass and do something.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .

• That was halfway.  Pressure washed the front of the house and the driveway today
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

• That was halfway.  Pressure washed the front of the house and the driveway today
    Mine broke.  Need to see if I can fix or bite the bullet and get another.
    I hate doing it but love the results.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    This would be really cool if they stay away from gigaton. 
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

Zod said:
    It does occur to me that there's 5 (or 6) members in the band whom all have families.   We're supposed to be socially distancing to prevent the spread of the disease.   Is it a good idea to have all 5 (or 6) members of the band in the same room?
    Trust me, the technology is there for the entire band to play together without even being in the same room. Check out the link of the video I included and if you need further proof it can be done, all you had to do was watch the SNL band last week when they did an entire show remotely (yea it sucked minus a few bits, but they did it). 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,524

That was halfway.  Pressure washed the front of the house and the driveway today

I powerwashed our walkways and parking area last weekend.  It sucked so bad.   The concrete pathway to the front of the house wasn't bad.... but the sidewalk slong the side of the house, patio area, and parking area are all this old concrete with a layer of small rocks at the top.  The moss loves that shit.  Grrrr....
  • Nick NamenoneNick Namenone Posts: 71
    edited April 2020
    Red Mosquito.  I didn't look at your link but all of the videos i have seen, if they have more artist playing what they usually do is record with a click and film themselves.  Send the audio to the next person who plays to it and so on.  The the track is mixed and the video spliced together.  With the delay that is impossible to get over it is pretty much impossible to to play together live over the internet.  There are apps like Jamm (?) that uses a click and lets people jam together in a broad sense.  Another way to do it would that might work is for someone to play (say the drummer) and as you send audio to the the players in a string with delay but the first person in the string wouldn't be able to listen to the people further down stream.  I just isn't possible.
    -Edit to add.  I watched the Sammy Hagar video.  They are all shot individually.  Sammy is lip syncing.  His voice wouldn't sound like that with a mask on.  Pearl Jam could do something like that but it isn't strictly playing live together.
    Post edited by Nick Namenone on
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 897
    Would rather they mix the other songs they recorded and put them out as a digital album.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    Would rather they mix the other songs they recorded and put them out as a digital album.
    NOW we're talking! Use all this downtime to mix those remaining 11 tracks for a digital release. 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    No