Ed PLEASE sing Seven O’Clock on Saturday Night....

It’s the perfect song in these difficult times.   Let the world hear it !!!

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    It would fit perfectly!
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Neil Young called, and just like when he told Ed we are not playing Gimme Some Truth at the 9.11 relief concert, you are not going to hear Seven O'Clock.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Chance of him playing this solo is.....not good?
    looking to hear of the earth
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    I honestly don't even know if Ed will play a pearl jam song. My guess (spins cliché generator) is he plays imagine.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    River Cross my guess
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Acoustic spin the black circle.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    Unfortunately he will play some of his solo stuff: Just Breathe, Imagine, Better Man, Keep Me In Your Heart or maybe River Cross or another lame cover. He's old. That's all we can expect. Doubt he'll surprise us.
  • DT6012DT6012 Posts: 234
    Comes Then Goes?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    Long road
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    My City in Ruins...I hope.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2020
    Long Road would be great. This is one song in front of millions of people. I highly doubt, even though he wants to send a message I bet, he takes this opportunity and does something very controversial during something like this. They are trying to make money and dividing people is probably not the best thing to do whether he is right with his lyrics (he is) or not. What do I know though.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Just Breathe would be great
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    RW8297 said:
    Unfortunately he will play some of his solo stuff: Just Breathe, Imagine, Better Man, Keep Me In Your Heart or maybe River Cross or another lame cover. He's old. That's all we can expect. Doubt he'll surprise us.

LOL...what does this have to do with anything? 
    Just Breathe would be great
    Geez, I guess it has to be huh.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Long road
    +1.  I hope.

RS65573 said:
    Why would he sing a Bruce song about Asbury Park, nj?
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    Bruce sang it for 911, thought it was appropriate. But ive heard they play Just Breathe in the hospitals...so I guess it should be that.
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    Bruce sang it for 911, thought it was appropriate. But ive heard they play Just Breathe in the hospitals...so I guess it should be that.
    I get why he sang it for 9/11, it just doesn't seem to fit here.  Just breathe would be cool...are we thinking one song?
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    I get why he sang it for 9/11, it just doesn't seem to fit here.  Just breathe would be cool...are we thinking one song?
    Well, the city in this case being Seattle. Im thinking 1 song, would love more, but if ANYONE gets 2, it'll likely be Sir Paul.
  • I’ll guess Just Breathe. Maybe a chance at River Cross. 
    bbiggs said:
    RW8297 said:

Don't know how to express this. He (solo) became more country singer than riot punk rock. Sort of boring and way too sentimental. I'd rather watch Rita Ora or Selena Gomez than Just Breathe or Future Days if you know what I mean...
    RW8297 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RW8297 said:

Don't know how to express this. He (solo) became more country singer than riot punk rock. Sort of boring and way too sentimental. I'd rather watch Rita Ora or Selena Gomez than Just Breathe or Future Days if you know what I mean...
    Not my favorite either, but it is very sweet seeing people leaving the hospital to cheers while its playing on the news.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,616
    Do Lukin!
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited April 2020
    RW8297 said:
    What’s he supposed to play at a telethon tho?  Porch doesnt fit.  Corduroy doesnt.  Nothingman doesnt work.   His solo tunes tend to be more sentimental.  More about life/family/etc.   

maybe I am Mine?
    RW8297 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RW8297 said:

Makes sense.  I like the diversity in Pearl Jam's catalog, as well as Ed solo, but I realize not everyone does.  A hard rocker wouldn't seem to fit the situation here.  The situation calls for a softer, more sentimental tune, and I look forward to it.  None of it bores me personally.

• Long RedLong Red Posts: 185
    RW8297 said:
    Why don't you save this kind of shit for the YouTube comments section and get lost.
    Long Red said:
    RW8297 said:
    Why don't you save this kind of shit for the YouTube comments section and get lost.
    Relax. Easy tiger.
  • Wash
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,162
    Leash
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 343
    I feel whatever song is picked will be something that can help unite people around the globe and lift up our spirits during such a difficult time.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.