Song Survival - Lightning Bolt

123457»

Comments

• 2 of my lesser fave tracks on the album, but I'll keep voting...

1 - Getaway -
    11 - Pendulum +
    no plussing when just two albums left I think
    my bad...this post will fix that...

1 - Getaway -
    10 - Pendulum 
    5-28-06
    6-20-08
    10-27-09
    10-28-09
    5-21-10
    4-28-16
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Final results

1. Pendulum 
    2. Getaway 
    3. Sirens
    4. Yellow Moon
    5. Lightning Bolt
    6. MYM
    7. Infallible
    8. Swallowed Whole
    9. My Father's Son
    10. Future Days
    11. Let the Records Play
    12. Sleeping by Myself
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,152
    PJNB said:
    Final results

1. Pendulum 
    2. Getaway 
    3. Sirens
    4. Yellow Moon
    5. Lightning Bolt
    6. MYM
    7. Infallible
    8. Swallowed Whole
    9. My Father's Son
    10. Future Days
    11. Let the Records Play
    12. Sleeping by Myself
    Put MYM in place of Lightning Bolt and you have a damn solid top 5.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GigatonofbricksGigatonofbricks Posts: 148
    edited April 2020
    "Getaway" never did much for me and the "uh uh uh uh uh" in "Pendulum" sort of gets on my nerves.  I guess I'm a bit of an outcast here for having "Sirens" and "MYM" as my favorites from this album.  
    Post edited by Gigatonofbricks on
    5-28-06
    6-20-08
    10-27-09
    10-28-09
    5-21-10
    4-28-16
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    I just don’t get the love for pendulum.  Lb is my favorite off the album.  Getaway would be up there but it just never translated well live.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited April 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    I just don’t get the love for pendulum.  Lb is my favorite off the album.  Getaway would be up there but it just never translated well live.  
    LB is just another by the numbers "anthem" without the flair of the 90s Stone anthems. See also: Amongst the Waves
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    I’m kind of shocked Pendulum won. This album is a complete toss up individual song wise but would’ve liked to have seen Infallible a little higher. Tomorrow’s game is gonna be very interesting... we should redo it after they go on tour and we hear these songs live, I think the list can change. I’ll be putting my points towards 7:00 and Retrograde
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
    I’m kind of shocked Pendulum won. This album is a complete toss up individual song wise but would’ve liked to have seen Infallible a little higher. Tomorrow’s game is gonna be very interesting... we should redo it after they go on tour and we hear these songs live, I think the list can change. I’ll be putting my points towards 7:00 and Retrograde
    Retrogade will be a goner early.

My guess would be Quick Escape or DotC. Trailed by Alright and Seven O Clock maybe.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    Retrogade will be a goner early.

My guess would be Quick Escape or DotC. Trailed by Alright and Seven O Clock maybe.
    How can anyone hate on retrograde?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Gigaton not until Thursday. Three days of non album tracks first.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Any way you can Post this a little earlier in the night? 

Pendulum is a great song.
  • rummy said:
    We're spending 3 days on Lost Dogs?  I must be missing something...
    5-28-06
    6-20-08
    10-27-09
    10-28-09
    5-21-10
    4-28-16
    edited April 2020
    rummy said:
    Not exactly doing Lost Dogs. Even if we were, we’d need two days for it (one for each disc) and the a third day for all the songs that are missing. There are over 50 songs still to consider before Gigaton - and none of them are covers!
    Post edited by rummy on
    cutz said:

May I ask where you are? I always post shortly before I crash for the night here in western Canada.
    For what it’s worth, Pendulum won the Weakest Link three years ago.
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    Not exactly doing Lost Dogs. Even if we were, we’d need two days for it (one for each disc) and the a third day for all the songs that are missing. There are over 50 songs still to consider before Gigaton - and none of them are covers!
    Lies. We’re doing Leaving Here aren’t we?
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    rummy said:
    cutz said:

May I ask where you are? I always post shortly before I crash for the night here in western Canada.
    Yeah, I noticed the times that you Post and that's about the time I crash too. 

I'm on EDT. I usually miss the first 10-12 hours by the time I get on here .

I do wonder if we could get some different/more Voters if Posted at a different time? But, don't change for just one person as its been going well.  Its been a entertaining Thread reading through it.
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    Lies. We’re doing Leaving Here aren’t we?
    Not unless we do a covers round.