Coachella Documentary

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
https://doc.coachella.com/

They show a bit about PJ.

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 756
    Great doc, but really makes you thirst for large concert events, well worth the watch.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,319
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    https://doc.coachella.com/

They show a bit about PJ.

Thanks!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    It was great to watch. My bf lives in La Quinta, about 2 miles from the Polo Grounds. He was there for the PJ show standing out side (he isn't a huge fan but it was first show ever at that venue).  I have never had an interest in Coachella since it's become so huge and 3 days. But seeing the energy of the crowds was pretty cool

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    PJ could headline Coachella but then again Coachella is not the same event that it was even ten years ago.  

Festivals adjust to fit their target age group.  Makes sense but it does make you feel old lol.    
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    Great doc, and I teared up a few times. We've gone 9 times now since 2004 and I definitely hope I can make a 10th time a possibility, despite the current pandemic and just the fact that yes the festival has morphed into something unrecognizable from 10 years ago.

But fuck them for including that Biden bit. That's really ill-timed and obviously intentional.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited April 2020
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    edited April 2020
    They certainly make the case that there would be no Coachella without Pearl Jam. Funny that Pearl Jam has never played Coachella, though.
    They start talking about Pearl Jam at the 11:30 mark.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Thanks, seems interesting I plan to watch
  • PJALKPJALK Posts: 83
    So what I’m getting out this doc is Pearl Jam started Coachella.  Kind of.  :)
  • PJALKPJALK Posts: 83
    It was tough for me to get through the EDM parts. 
    Not my kind of thing. 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    PJALK said:
    So what I’m getting out this doc is Pearl Jam started Coachella.  Kind of.  :)

Yeah, I had no idea Goldenvoice promoted that 1993 Indio show. Of course, that connection makes perfect sense now.
  • I just finished watching this. It was really great. Having been born and raised still living in SoCal never attended Coachella but have been to plenty other festivals throughout the country, always took Coachella for granted for some reason. Bummed to have missed some truly incredible performances. Madonna in the tent?!?!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    PJALK said:
    Not my kind of thing. 
    Not mine either but it's cool seeing the energy...if I was their age at that time I might have been into it. But for those of us born in the mid-late 60's we don't get it (don't attack I know some do like it).
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    PJALK said:
    Not my kind of thing. 
    Not mine either but it's cool seeing the energy...if I was their age at that time I might have been into it. But for those of us born in the mid-late 60's we don't get it (don't attack I know some do like it).
    I was born on the mid-60s, but when we used to go to Coachella every year, I would always check out the dance tent to see what the "kids" were into at the time.  One of my best memories at Coachella (I have been to 15 of them) was seeing Underworld perform "Born Slippy" in 2003 in the dance tent.  Thousands of people dancing to one of my all-time favorite songs was amazing!