Options

Gigaton Image 3D Viewer

Comments

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Gibson said:
    I've got one for trade. Ordered it under the influence of alcohol. I'm more of a vinyl and shirt collector...
    I hope you are from Europe, as these sold out around 1:30 Eastern time!  =)
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,694
    Zod said:
    Kearn5y said:
    17 days since my order 'shipped' and its has taken 10 days to arrive at Fontana, another 2 to get to San Bernardino (same place as far as i can see) and has been sitting there for the last 5 days. Why is it always the same with 10c shipping.

I kind of thought mail innovations was getting better.  My last few things from the 10c arrived fairly quickly compared to a few years ago.    Standard for US to Can through USPS is 2 weeks (1 week of which is going through Canadian customs).   Mail Innovations would take 4 to 6 weeks to do the same thing.  The last vault,  hockeytalker singles, unplugged vinyl, they all came in 2 weeks (or a smidge less).

I have noticed that the whole mail system right now has slowed down because of Coronavirus.    Maybe it's more related to that.
    At one stage with our orders, they seemed to arrived long before Canadia orders. That seemed to change last year. Its the shipping notice that really bugs me, where it says it will ship within a few days, only to sit for weeks on end, one occasion 6 weeks. Whatever happens beyond that is out of their control I admit.

Maybe the fact that the status hasnt changed in the last 6 days now is down to CV-19. My Vinyl bundle hasnt turned up either. Didnt even get any shipping notice or tracking with that which makes me think it hasnt even left the depot. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    I'm in California.  My delivery stated it was scheduled for last Thursday.  It changed yesterday to end of day.  It still hasn't arrived... so, maybe today.  Or tomorrow.  Or whenever.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887
    I'm in California.  My delivery stated it was scheduled for last Thursday.  It changed yesterday to end of day.  It still hasn't arrived... so, maybe today.  Or tomorrow.  Or whenever.  
    Wow. I am in NYC, and I got mine a few weeks ago. I wonder what the holdup is in California. I hope you get it soon.

• Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Received mine last week. I made the mistake of showing it to my almost 3 year old boy. He was devastated when I told him that he couldn’t have it, that it was daddy’s toy. So I did what any good dad would do. 

I ordered him a regular ViewMaster from Amazon.  😂
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,887
    Lostpawn said:
    Received mine last week. I made the mistake of showing it to my almost 3 year old boy. He was devastated when I told him that he couldn’t have it, that it was daddy’s toy. So I did what any good dad would do. 

What a great dad. Let us know if the ViewMaster reels fit in the the Gigaton one so we know if it is standard size or not.

• Options
    Lostpawn said:

LMAO, I always have to do the same with my little nephew.   
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 369
    My four year old loves mine too.  I put it away and he's been looking for it all over the house.  I may have to go your route and buy him his own too
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    Mine arrived today!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    Question: I upgraded my membership just to purchase the viewer. I’m now hearing that it wasn’t necessary. Is this something worth asking 10C about? 

I’m not complaining by any means, but I thought I’d see what the peanut gallery thinks.  My initial renewal was November, and I re-upped in April. 

1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    I dont know what the official response is but what clearly happened was they sold it to Analog only, then at the end opened it up to Digital. Was it a mistake? Did they get too much blowback? Did they just want them all gone, no idea.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    She arrived!  :)

• Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    demetrios said:

Nice, mine just arrived in Toronto. Looks like Canadian orders are arriving this week.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    demetrios said:

Nice, mine just arrived in Toronto. Looks like Canadian orders are arriving this week.

Sweet! Hope 10club releases more 3D reels for this. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Try experimenting with the light when you look into it. My son moved it on the comet image and showed me how it changed colors. 
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 246
    Has anybody in Europe or the UK received theirs yet? 
    Tracking says mine left the States on 22nd April, but nothing since then 🤔
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 748
    Nope, not here in The Netherlands.
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    Mine Arrived in France on April 28th ("Package arrived at international carrier"), then, nothing since.

• Options
    Mine arrived on monday 11th may. Tracking only partially updated and all of a sudden it was in Ireland.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Robbert said:
    Ok, holding on to some hope that it might still turn up if others haven’t got it too. 
    However, how long should we give it before letting the shop know it hasn’t arrived? 
    Apparently it left LA on the 22nd April, so nearly 4 weeks ago now. 
    Obviously everything is slower postage-wise, but I would have thought it would at least be on UK shores by now...

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 748
    Robbert said:
    Ok, holding on to some hope that it might still turn up if others haven’t got it too. 
    However, how long should we give it before letting the shop know it hasn’t arrived? 
    Apparently it left LA on the 22nd April, so nearly 4 weeks ago now. 
    Obviously everything is slower postage-wise, but I would have thought it would at least be on UK shores by now...
    Well see what happends.....i think customs in The Netherlands isnt always that quick also
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    edited May 2020
    I believe many customs agencies are quarantining shipped items for 14-21 days simply for safety precautions. Chances are that there is a lot of mail that's on hold for a few weeks before moving to their destination.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Give it time. I've had few packages just wait @ the local depot for day's as things have been pretty tied up, from different mail providers. UPS, Canada Post, FedEx & Purolator.
  • Options
    Gibson said:
    I believe many customs agencies are quarantining shipped items for 14-21 days simply for safety precautions. Chances are that there is a lot of mail that's on hold for a few weeks before moving to their destination.
    Thank you @Gibson & @demetrios spot on advice 👍🏻 Indeed it has been held at customs in LA. Just got an update saying it was still there, hopefully this means it’s on the way to the UK now. 
    I’ve sent some parcels to the US too this month, so assuming the same thing is happening with incoming mail. Cheers again for the info guys. 10 clubbers super helpful as always 👌🏻

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Any news?

Got none since April 28th.

I asked UPS and they finally answered that it had been taken in charge by the French postal service. I contacted them but no answer.

Worse, the tracking number (I could see a few days ago) is no longer valid. I'm really pissed off. :angry:

By the way : I received two weeks ago my stickers (which had been sent two weeks after the 3D viewer).
    Post edited by Hub. on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited June 2020
    I sold a poster to someone in Australia on March 3rd.  It never tracked.  Showed up at his front door last week.  Luckily the buyer was really laid back.   We chat all the time now lol. 
  • Options
    Wow! That was really long! :open_mouth:

I'll wait a little bit more before considering it's lost. :disappointed:

• Options
    I ordered posters from Ames, shipped with USPS. Disappeared for 2 months and then turned up out of the blue.
    Kearnsy