Options

Together At Home

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    Apparently Jill posted that Eddie goes on about 45 minutes after the TV broadcast starts.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    At least we know the time window that Eddie’s appearing in.  

Which one?   I keep staring at that list above and can't spot his name.   Must be tired :(
    8ET - 10 ET
    Thanks.  So this thing is 8 hours long?

I saw the first 6 hours being posted a few posts above.  I kind of thought the last 2 hours might be a highlights thing for TV.  I guess there really is hours 7 and 8 and those are the ones to tune in for.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Zod,   He’s on the national TV broadcast.  8-10
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,745
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    At least we know the time window that Eddie’s appearing in.  

Which one?   I keep staring at that list above and can't spot his name.   Must be tired :(
    8ET - 10 ET
    Thanks.  So this thing is 8 hours long?

I saw the first 6 hours being posted a few posts above.  I kind of thought the last 2 hours might be a highlights thing for TV.  I guess there really is hours 7 and 8 and those are the ones to tune in for.
    Ya if there are any highlights from the other acts that are being streamed I am just going to wait until after to see those. The 8pm-10pm slot is the primetime slot.  CTV, Global, CBS, NBC, ABC are all airing it.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    USA viewers:

I see it's been added to the CW.

Tip: Some channels are 720p and others are 1080i. Why watch in 720 when you can watch in 1080? (I don't know if it's in 4k.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,745
    USA viewers:

Tip: Some channels are 720p and others are 1080i. Why watch in 720 when you can watch in 1080? (I don't know if it's in 4k.)
    1080i or 1080P? Big difference. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    USA viewers:

1080i or 1080P? Big difference. 

It's my understanding that outside of Blu-Ray and maybe some PPV movies on select TV providers, nothing in the USA is 1080p.

As far as the 720p channels, those would be: The CW, ABC, Freeform and National Geographic.
  • Options
    Canadian Viewers:  CBC is now going to be airing it.   That's good news because you can use the CBC Gem App (making a free CBC account) to access all the live CBC channels across Canada.   I love using CBC on my firestick.  I'll probably check out both CBC and Prime and see which feed works better.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Tb0ne said:
    Why would anyone want to be associated with anything that involves the World Health Organization?  They helped spread Chinese propaganda and put the rest of the world in the position they're in right now. While not solely responsible, they’ve failed us. They failed in a way that is completely unforgivable. 
    EW
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 401
    edited April 2020
    Just realised its  on Swedish television. That's cool.
    Post edited by RE658041 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Enjoying this a ton. One song from everyone with a brief interlude is perfect.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,674
    Maybe Better Things?
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2020
    Tb0ne said:
    Why would anyone want to be associated with anything that involves the World Health Organization?  They helped spread Chinese propaganda and put the rest of the world in the position they're in right now. While not solely responsible, they’ve failed us. They failed in a way that is completely unforgivable. 
    Exactly WHO hasn't even declared this a pandemic yet and yet the media are saying it is lol
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Exactly WHO hasn't even declared this a pandemic yet and yet the media are saying it is lol
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

I thought it was a virus and not a disease but whatever...I'm trying to find somewhere in writing where WHO officially and legally declares this a Pandemic
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

I thought it was a virus and not a disease but whatever...I'm trying to find somewhere in writing where WHO officially and legally declares this a Pandemic
    Here you go - and I'm not speaking on behalf of the WHO, just against things I know to not be true

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---11-march-2020

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944
    edited April 2020
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Lol. Start watching the news.

http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-emergencies/coronavirus-covid-19/news/news/2020/3/who-announces-covid-19-outbreak-a-pandemic
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

Here you go - and I'm not speaking on behalf of the WHO, just against things I know to not be true

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/who-director-general-s-opening-remarks-at-the-media-briefing-on-covid-19---11-march-2020

Thank you for the link but I have read this article quite a few times and no where in it does WHO declare Covid-19 a pandemic 
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

Thank you for the link but I have read this article quite a few times and no where in it does WHO declare Covid-19 a pandemic 
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/11/who-declares-coronavirus-pandemic
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

Ok.  It says several times in that statement.
    The website home page lists it as a pandemic.
    BTW, the virus is actually called SARS-COV-2
    (Answering your question in the last post)

• Options
    Does anyone know if the lady gaga tv special will also be aired live on youtube? I've been watching but don cheadle just said the tv special will be on ABC, CNN etc They didn't say anything about streaming services? I'm in the UK so we don't get those channels.. :(
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Does anyone know if the lady gaga tv special will also be aired live on youtube? I've been watching but don cheadle just said the tv special will be on ABC, CNN etc They didn't say anything about streaming services? I'm in the UK so we don't get those channels.. :(
    You can sign up for CBS all access free for one month.  They are streaming.  Amazon prime is as well.  Not sure if YouTube is tonight but imagine it will be on there.
    Someone listed in one of these threads all of the outlets showing 
  • Options
    Watching at youtube... it's not the real/full stream?
  • Options
    aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by aliciav on
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 631
    Anyone know, is Ed playing only 1 song?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    Anyone know, is Ed playing only 1 song?
    Someone on here said one song, and it being:

river cross

• Options
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

It's both, The Coronavirus causes the disease covid-19.

Sort of like how the HIV virus leads to aids.
  • Options
    unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    edited April 2020
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Tb0ne said:
    Fake news.
    From their home page:

Seriously? I know that Western Australia is behind the rest of Australia, but this is an extremely ignorant post! 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-12/coronavirus-updates-who-declares-pandemic/12047598
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32191675
    https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-pandemic-who.html
    https://time.com/5791661/who-coronavirus-pandemic-declaration/
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/who-declares-the-coronavirus-outbreak-a-global-pandemic.html

Post edited by unforgiven on
  • Options
    You can sign up for CBS all access free for one month.  They are streaming.  Amazon prime is as well.  Not sure if YouTube is tonight but imagine it will be on there.
    Someone listed in one of these threads all of the outlets showing 
    Thanks. I just tried signing up and it said it would only accept from US registered addresses - tried with both my card and paypal :(
    Hope Amazon does it for me, or youtube... or hope it'll be available online after.. not sure why they arranged it like this. Thanks anyway

"We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019