Rambling...Quarantine

PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
I don’t know if this is appropriate here but I have to get it off of my chest...

What’s going on in NY and the world is extremely scary.  I have a 14 day old daughter, a 4 year old and my rockstar of a wife (nurse) who is home (thank God). I am deemed essential but working from home, seems as if I am working harder now than when in office.  A mom who’s by herself in Queens who worries me because of her age and a pre-condition.  All of the worry seems as if there is no end in sight.   With all of that said - we are doing our best to make the most of this time with my family.  Creating special fun moments with my 4 year old - whether it be setting up a tent made of sheets, movie night, playing the guitar, listening to a ton of music etc....   Spending quality time with my new daughter and really putting forth a team effort with my wife, who I’ve grown to fall in love with all over again because I am in awe of how she’s been handling everything 

I hope the world comes out of this a better place. I hope that we are all taking the time to reconnect with family and if there are grudges being held to forget about that shit because it ain’t worth it.  I hope that we all realize how critical it is for human connectivity and how fragile freedom can be.  

PJ, not on purpose, released a record at the perfect time for all of us on this thread. Providing escape whether you enjoy the record or not. I hope that some are not falling into depression and can use this forum as a place to connect, another escape.   Things are not easy, especially in NY right now.  The officials and media will keep us all in fear because of what is reported without any form of silver lining.  

I hope everyone here is safe.
If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,012
    Well said. Dusting off my records and board games. Not watching the news. Calling friends/family. Being careful. And of course scared & sad sometimes...especially for all the people right in the middle of all this.
    Take care!!!!!
  • 9/11 was an inside job
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • edoconedocon Posts: 327
    9/11 was an inside job
    Off topic
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Sometimes things come out at the perfect time.  PJ releasing an album about hope within the struggle is one of those times. 
  • Since the topic of this is rambling I thought I would give it a go.  It's just myself and my husband, he has two boys in a different state and my two daughters are in a different state.  We are alone and only moved to this place 6 months ago so haven't had time to make friends yet.  I am trying to stay positive through all this but I am not ok.   Pearl Jam album has helped alot, but my other usual outlets like hot yoga, bingo, etc are all shut down.  I feel trapped.  I do not have a history of depression or any mental health issues, but as an extrovert who likes people I am really struggling with all this and am starting to spiral into deep despair.  Working from home always alone isn't helping.  I am not looking for pity because at least I am still getting paid, I just wonder if anyone else is experiencing depression during all this?  I think there is going to be a MH crisis soon if this doesn't end.
  • @neutron baum:  i do struggle a bit with depression and anxiety, and this COVID-19 situation and quarantine has actually had the opposite effect on me to some degree.  this thing is real and i can't do much about it (other than try to protect myself and my loved ones) ... which has kind of opened my eyes a bit to the fact that many of the things i struggle with and stress over are things i make up in my own head.  inventing the future ... worrying over things that haven't happened ... imaging what might happen if ... etc.  then again, i've also started to listen to/look at the news a LOT less.  i don't need to expose myself to that.  anyway, just responding and ranting.  hope you feel better soon.  you're not the only one having the feelings you've described.
    Give way to nature ...
  • densandensan Posts: 563
    Excellent post TouringFan2000. Thank you for sharing that. \
    "you're not the only one having the feelings you've described." Your definitely not the only one. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    Since the topic of this is rambling I thought I would give it a go.  It's just myself and my husband, he has two boys in a different state and my two daughters are in a different state.  We are alone and only moved to this place 6 months ago so haven't had time to make friends yet.  I am trying to stay positive through all this but I am not ok.   Pearl Jam album has helped alot, but my other usual outlets like hot yoga, bingo, etc are all shut down.  I feel trapped.  I do not have a history of depression or any mental health issues, but as an extrovert who likes people I am really struggling with all this and am starting to spiral into deep despair.  Working from home always alone isn't helping.  I am not looking for pity because at least I am still getting paid, I just wonder if anyone else is experiencing depression during all this?  I think there is going to be a MH crisis soon if this doesn't end.
    @neutron baum The current situation is one that we have not dealt with in our lifetime, and can be quite overwhelming at times. It is very difficult trying to deal with staying home when your loved ones live in other states. Not sure where you live, but can you go outside for a walk while maintaining safe distances? Do you know anyone in your neighborhood? 
    Try to hang in there!
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    PJ5a1 said:
    I don’t know if this is appropriate here but I have to get it off of my chest...

What’s going on in NY and the world is extremely scary.  I have a 14 day old daughter, a 4 year old and my rockstar of a wife (nurse) who is home (thank God). I am deemed essential but working from home, seems as if I am working harder now than when in office.  A mom who’s by herself in Queens who worries me because of her age and a pre-condition.  All of the worry seems as if there is no end in sight.   With all of that said - we are doing our best to make the most of this time with my family.  Creating special fun moments with my 4 year old - whether it be setting up a tent made of sheets, movie night, playing the guitar, listening to a ton of music etc....   Spending quality time with my new daughter and really putting forth a team effort with my wife, who I’ve grown to fall in love with all over again because I am in awe of how she’s been handling everything 

I hope the world comes out of this a better place. I hope that we are all taking the time to reconnect with family and if there are grudges being held to forget about that shit because it ain’t worth it.  I hope that we all realize how critical it is for human connectivity and how fragile freedom can be.  

PJ, not on purpose, released a record at the perfect time for all of us on this thread. Providing escape whether you enjoy the record or not. I hope that some are not falling into depression and can use this forum as a place to connect, another escape.   Things are not easy, especially in NY right now.  The officials and media will keep us all in fear because of what is reported without any form of silver lining.  

I hope everyone here is safe.
    Man, your post hit home on many levels as I'm a Dad myself. I have two daughters, a 13 and 4 (soon to be 5) year old at home with myself and my wife here in Northern California. These past three weeks have been like no other and it seems with each passing day there is something new to worry about, whether it's related to the virus or the state of the global economy (which I'm more worried about if you really want to know). My wife and I have been holding up the best we can, doing everything we can to keep a sense of normalcy in front of out kids during what I could only deem as one of the most tense and uncertain situations we've ever experienced. With that said, we've tried to be as real as you can with kids in regards to what's going on without causing too much alarm or worry, getting their perspective and doing our best to reassure them what their feeling right now is alright and that in time everything will be alright. 

Your post gives me hope though that everyone is using this time to reflect and look at what they have it front of them...as that's what matters most. This album couldn't have come at a better time, it almost feels like the soundtrack of the times and it definitely has helped me work through some of my emotions and thoughts. For this reason alone, I expect that years later when someone inevitably ask to rank the all the PJ albums, this one will be high up on the list. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and may you & your family stay safe.