Options

How are you getting ready for the day during the pandemic?

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
edited April 2020 in All Encompassing Trip
The "Other" option is completely up to your interpretation.
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

How are you getting ready for the day during the pandemic? 18 votes

Like I usually do for work, even if I'm staying at home
33%
jeffbrPJFAN13JimmyVF Me In The Brain1ThoughtKnownWest Coast Dreamgirl 6 votes
Bumming around in PJs or Sweats
38%
MayDay10what dreamsGlowGirlhauntingfamiliarPJ_Soulmyoung321JPPJ84 7 votes
Other
27%
mfc2006kenshuntdankinddeadendpGlorified KC 5 votes
Post edited by Glorified KC on

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I‘m alone so who cares ;)
  • Options
    Other
    Now that I think about it, I should have added a "somewhere in between" option.  I'm getting ready in the morning, but definitely not dressing as nicely as I would for work.  Just t-shirt and jeans.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Heading out to work like any other day. How I do my work has changed but I’m still going to work. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Depends on what I feel that day.  Some days I get ready, some days I just lounge around groggily.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Other
    In the wonderful world of unemployment :weary: , I am not working from home but I am doing work at home.  Always clothed, including wearing shoes.  Haven't worn make-up in a few weeks and have my hair in a top knot.  Organizing things.  Going through clothes to donate.   
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Other
    Well, I'm still getting up at the same time & working...just working from home...in comfy clothes. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Minus the airport runs!

I work from home when not traveling so home stuff stays the same.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    mfc2006 said:
    Well, I'm still getting up at the same time & working...just working from home...in comfy clothes. 
    That was my definition of bumming around in sweats... Maybe I should have googled what it means? ;)
  • Options
    Other
    My first week of working from home I was going in sweats/PJs and showering before bed, but this week I've changed to showering in the morning and putting on something that I would at least wear if I were out and about, but still comfortable.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,913
    I'm sleeping in an extra hour because there is no commute, but otherwise everything else is the same.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Other
    I will admit that I enjoy not having to wake up at 5:30 AM to drive my daughter to school at 6:30 AM. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm unable to work anyway, so my mornings and days haven't changed too much.  Usually catting about in leggings and a T.

My husband is on his same routine though; up early, showering as usual, working before the "official" start time.  Only (nice) difference now is that we have lunch together, and he can still do his work above par with an occasional hit of the bowl =)  Plus no commute!  That used to take an hour some days.

And, I'm amazed he can work with his headphones on.
  • Options
    Other
    hedonist said:
    I'm unable to work anyway, so my mornings and days haven't changed too much.  Usually catting about in leggings and a T.

My husband is on his same routine though; up early, showering as usual, working before the "official" start time.  Only (nice) difference now is that we have lunch together, and he can still do his work above par with an occasional hit of the bowl =)  Plus no commute!  That used to take an hour some days.

M works with headphones on while listening to death metal.  
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

M works with headphones on while listening to death metal.  
    Said it before and will again: Musically, our Ohio guys would be great friends :)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Other

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ha! Such is the life I lead. 
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    dankind said:

Hahaha. This.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Heading out to work like any other day. How I do my work has changed but I’m still going to work. 
    Yes I've been going to work everyday as well.  It is weird, hardly any traffic, kind of eerie at times but I'm grateful to have a job to go to.  I could work from home but since we need ppl at work to perform things that can't be done from home, I will do my part.  Stay safe all.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    My morning starts off staying in bed as long as possible to put off facing the day as long as possible.  It's a battle against either needing to get up and take a piss, give up on the cat waking me up, or having to get up from my lower back aching badly from too much time being horizontal.  So then it's get up, piss, make coffee, greet my wife, and then try and face another empty and nearly pointless day.  Fuck it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Roll out of bed, into my dining room a few minutes later for work
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    My routine is the same. I’m essential so off to work I must go.  Quite honestly, life is the same...I hate people anyways...so social distancing is quite nice...

there is no real social distancing at work...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    Basically work 8:30am until midnight.  Just at home instead of the office.  I am jealous of friends who have nothing to do and text about tv shows all day but also fortunate to have work.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Lucky and fortunate that my job is essential.  The only difference is that I sleep 45 minutes later, roll out of bed, and walk down the hall to my home office.  Definitely beats getting up at 5:15, dressed, face traffic, etc.  

i told my staff no video meetings.  So now im going to work in sweats.