5 listens in

eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
Ok. 5 listens in. I love this record. Havent had a pj lp grab me so immediately since yield. It's an incredible achievement after 30 years. It's like they are reinvigorated. Plus the album came at the perfectly odd time.  Be safe everyone. How lucky are we to be fans of this band. 
Its great to see the difference in opinions. If we all agreed the discussions would be boring!!! PJ polarizing some people again!!!  Fab. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops

Comments

• SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    Agreed!  Haven't received the CD yet, but have been streaming it.  Buckle Up is still probably my least favorite on the album, but it is growing on me.
  • Long RedLong Red Posts: 185
    eboweddie said:
    Ok. 5 listens in. I love this record. Havent had a pj lp grab me so immediately since yield. It's an incredible achievement after 30 years. It's like they are reinvigorated. Plus the album came at the perfectly odd time.  Be safe everyone. How lucky are we to be fans of this band. 
    Its great to see the difference in opinions. If we all agreed the discussions would be boring!!! PJ polarizing some people again!!!  Fab. 
    Agreed. Initially, I said it hit me quicker than any album since Avocado. But the more I listen, the closer it comes to a Yield-level immediate impact. And the perfect timing of the release makes it even more special. 
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Posts: 1,019
    I’m also about 5 listens in and savouring it....
    rustedsigns
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Jealous. My vinyl won’t ship until the 10th. Listened twice on YouTube. Can’t wait to hear it HiFi. Just pumped. 
  • 5x? That's it?  :ohstop:

Maybe I have a problem. How many times have I listened if I started 11 PM last Thursday to now?

Played on vinyl with 7 dresser size speakers. In my truck. In my boat which has 15 speakers. On good headphones. In garage. On whatever speakers are in the bathroom. Cant wait to surf to it now. I was able to ski Tahoe (before ski resorts closed)with DTOC and SBWM. So good!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Im about 20 listens in and i agree

my favorite since Yield. 
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    Im about 20 listens in and i agree
    my favorite since Yield. 

Agreed! 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,872
    I’m 25 listens I’m and this thing is gold
  • I have listened to it pretty much once in full per day since release plus picking and choosing tracks during the day and its a great album.  Very encouraging that they still have this kind of fire in them musically
  • I have this album playing all the time.  I think it grabs me even more than Yield...but that may be only because when Yield came out I was like 23 -- WTF did I have to worry about when I was 23 that was of any consequence.  The timing of life this album comes, the age I am, the perspective, the situation...This album has been so powerful to listen to straight through so many times.  The downside...in the coming years when I listen to these songs I'll think directly of this difficult time of covid-19.  The upside -- those memories will involve a lot of family time as my wife and three kids spend more time together now than ever before.  Maybe the silver lining of this terrible situation is it's fixing a pretty fractured part of America - the family unit.  Okay, enough sentiment.... time to refill my glass...
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Did Eddie read this. Its frightening.  The way the lyrics just pour out of him. Incredible.  So much to say. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • marjenmarjen Posts: 807
    I am a good 20-25 listens in. For my best since Avacado. I really like that album and place it above Binaurel and Riot Act. 
    First 1/3 of this album is spectacular. 2nd 1/3 is pretty strong. Alright and 7 O’clock are going on me and love the other 2. Last 1/3 Not as crazy about other than river cross. At least 6-7 Very good songs which for album 11 is a huge win. Can’t wait to someday here some of these live!
  • CridderCridder Posts: 165
    I’ve listened to my iTunes version probably 10x, finally got my vinyl album today, and it totally sounds better in vinyl version... Ed’s vocal and drums especially...