Wimbledon cancelled - BST Hyde Park too?

moleculemolecule Posts: 622
Slated to run from late June to mid July.
https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2020-04-01/cancellation_of_the_championships_2020.html

BST Hyde Park is July 10. Seems inevitable. Will be disappointed but fine with it if that's what needs to be done.
🤙

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Sadly, I think it's just a matter of time.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Lukeat911Lukeat911 Posts: 189
    I have zero evidence to back this up, but I’m thinking spring and summer legs will just be pushed to spring/summer 2021
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I can't see any way the Euro tour happens.  It sucks, but it just doesn't seem realistic at the moment.  Hope to be wrong, because I'm dying to hear these new tunes live.  
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Yup. Was heading across the pond for 3 shows. It’s just a matter of time until PJ cancels the summer tour.
    Hoping the three hotels (Imola, London and Kosice) who wanted the hotels paid for up front during our trip will be kind enough to refund us. I will say the hotel in Denver right beside the Pepsi Centre refunded us (I used a free night earned on Hotels.com combined with $100CDN to book the room) Very cool of them. 
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Posts: 278
    I don't believe any social gatherings of any kind will happen this year; concerts, sports, festivals, etc. Referencing history, the second wave of the 1918 Avian (Spanish) Flu Pandemic in the Fall was much worse than the first wave in the Spring. Just a hunch. I hope I'm wrong and this thing is over before then.
  • chilisuarezchilisuarez Posts: 110
    European shows surely can't continue. The French Open in Paris has also been pushed back to September too. Such a shame :( I'm starting to think we could all be waiting until next year at this point, same tour dates but 2021

• coach pjcoach pj Posts: 230
    I think they might just make it all a year later. I think you are right.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Wow so US Open in September AND the French Open?   Would be crazy
  • moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    Pushing to next year does seem to make the most sense. Especially with fall schedules filling up and so many shows to reschedule.
    🤙
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    I don't believe any social gatherings of any kind will happen this year; concerts, sports, festivals, etc. Referencing history, the second wave of the 1918 Avian (Spanish) Flu Pandemic in the Fall was much worse than the first wave in the Spring. Just a hunch. I hope I'm wrong and this thing is over before then.
    The Spanish flu also happened as you note, in 1918 through 1919.  The planet did not have any of the ability to collectively say "hey stop everything" like is happening now.   

It won't be over (unless there is some ridiculously unseen burn out where the virus mutates itself to a weakened form), it will be here in permanent less lethal waves as another worldwide seasonal virus. 

That flu didn't go away, it simply became less lethal over time.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652