"A good pair of headphones"

2»

Comments

• TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    I’ve tried probably a hundred in ear headphones over the last few years. Mostly in the $35-$200 range. I’m not quite an audiophile I suppose, but I can tell you that you can get good sounding in ears for around 35-60 bucks. Depends on what sound signature you like the most. For me, I tend to prefer warm and smooth sound signatures. Usually that is a sound with a slight bass/mid bass emphasis, balanced or forward mids, and laid back highs. 

The company I tend to go the most is Brainwavz. They have an impressive lineup of in ear headphones ranging from 10 bucks to up in the hundreds. What will best suit you depends on comfort, seal, tips, sound signature preference, and what device you’re using to power the headphones. You can have a pair of 200 dollar in ears but if they take a lot to drive them or power them, your cell phone may not be enough to hit the headphones full potential. 

A couple pairs of in ear headphones that I highly recommended are the Brainwavz M2 and Final Audio E3000. The M2 has been around for a while now. The E3000 has been out for just a few years. Both are warm and smooth. They pair well with even just a smart phone, especially the M2. Both are slightly bass heavy but not boomy or muddy like most name brands at your local stores. Audio 46 in NYC is an incredible headphone store. They have their online store front too that’s becoming a reputable staple with headphone junkies. Tony, one of their most knowledgeable reps at the NYC store, recommended the E3000 to me last year. It’s a great choice for anyone wanting a lightweight, sleek, comfy, and a smooth sounding earphone. 

For me, I tend to reference the Euro 2000 boots when trying headphones. Yes the bass is lower in the mix and you gotta turn the volume up. Neither are really faults when you blast them through good speakers. Through the M2 and E3000, it sounds as if I’m sitting next to Matt’s kit on stage. Incredibly punchy and clear tones. 

For those who want a brighter, more mid focused, flatter tuned response without killing the wallet I recommend the Brainwavz Jive. All of these in ears I use with Comply foam tips for a better, more comfortable seal in the ear to produce best audio results. For the price, the separation and space of the audio on the Jive is hard to beat. 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    edited April 2020
    Edit 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    KN219077 said:
    Sony wh-1000xm3 are the ones I have. Amazing how much better the album sounds. This is my favorite sounding record by pj since yield.

I just bought these. I've been doing some research the last couple of days and these kept appearing at the top of most lists.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    The company I tend to go the most is Brainwavz.  
    I can't speak anything to the sound quality of their headphones, BUT I have some Brainwavz ear cups on my M50x's, and WOW what a difference.  Night and day comfort.

If you listen for any amount of time - or if the stock cups (eventually) fall apart - I can't recommend the Brainwavz ones enough.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Is there a way to higher the max volume on a pair of Cowin E7 wireless headphones? Just got them. Sound is good...but the max volume isn’t high enough for me. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    edited April 2020
    AirPods Pro with “Boom” 3D equalizer... Gold!!!!