Options

Wedding Song?

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    moloko21 wrote:
    we could follow up with satan's bed. i'm willing to relocate, you know. ;)

:eek: LOL!!!!!!

WHOA! You TOTALLY know what I'm talkin about too. hahaha. PJ FREAKS unite. :D:p

You're hardcore & twisted moloko21. I love it. :D

<~~~ puts on WHIPPING \m/
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    :eek: LOL!!!!!!

WHOA! You TOTALLY know what I'm talkin about too. hahaha. PJ FREAKS unite. :D:p

You're hardcore & twisted moloko21. I love it. :D

<~~~ puts on WHIPPING \m/

another innocent thread, derailed. :D
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    HA!!!

Ooops. :p

0-=)
    <~~~~ innocent angel

Really though.....THIN AIR is a very sweet song, one of the most romantic PJ songs out there. I think it would be perfect for you guys to dance to that one at your weeding. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    moloko21 wrote:
    will you marry me? :D

I thought that was supposed to be saved for me. I am heartbroken.
    Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.
  • Options
    moloko21moloko21 Posts: 114
    I thought that was supposed to be saved for me. I am heartbroken.

a good friend of mine once said every man needs a first wife.
    "no, i can't give you full credit, but i'm not gonna flunk you either. you're all getting incompletes."
  • Options
    moloko21 wrote:
    a good friend of mine once said every man needs a first wife.

I'm not sure how I should take this. :rolleyes: I feel exposed.
    Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Nothing says "I Love You" like Leash.
    lol. i love that song to death but i cant imagine it at a wedding.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    kiptarn wrote:
    My fiance and I are big Pearl Jam fans. Does anyone know of a good song for our first dance together at our wedding?
    how to be happy and true is the quest we're taking on together
    Thin Air.

taking on, on, on, on, on...taking on, on, on, on, on...
    there's a light when my baby's in my arms
    and i know she's reached my heart, in thin air
    yes i know she's reached my heart...

I had our DJ play WMA beet on a loop at reception hall for our first appearance as Husband and Wife.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Light Years would be nice.

Or maybe Blood :)
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    lol. i love that song to death but i cant imagine it at a wedding.

What?? "Take my fuckin' hand. It was their idea, I proved to be a man." Swoony. ;)
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    MerkyjammMerkyjamm Posts: 272
    Thin Air. I played it to a girl the other night and she melted. Pearl Jam and SCORE go hand-in-hand.

Come on... I'm 18, cut me some slack...
    Too many cowboys, not enough indians, so just go ape shit!

I may be boring but at least I'm not Jack fucking Johnson.

TV is such shit; let's go outside and ride bicycles, right now!

Madrid 07/09/06 - Little mofo'ing Wing!!!
    Wembley 06/18/07 - Speechless

www.last.fm/user/StNick_
  • Options
    This is ridiculous, after all these posts no one has said the most obvious one of them all. I guess this one is just to obvious for all of you...Can't find a Betterman!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    i was at a wedding recently and the last song they played was yellow ledbetter because that is what pj usually ends with. it was so awesome. i don't know where the bride was by that time, but me and a few of the groomsmen had a hell of a time singing our drunken guts out. it was totally memorable.
    Caught a bolt 'a lightnin'...cursed the day he let it go...

Please say, that if you hadn't of gone now
    I wouldn't have lost you another way
  • Options
    THCTHC Posts: 525
    vedhead01 wrote:
    Maybe Throw ur arms around me?

YES<<<<<<YES,,,,this is the song you need....

i just sang most of the song in my head....and....yes..it is throw your arms around me....
    very sweet....very romantic....very nice.....

good call vedhead01!
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    when i read this one song popped into my head instantly:LOW LIGHT
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • Options
    I reckon shoot the moon would be good for mine.
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    nice dance tune if thats the name i cant remember
    thanks to everyone who can read what i write without having to say something mean
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Me and my wife wanted to do "Can't Help..." but the quality on a PA system was really bad, so I finally talked her into Ledbetter. I argued that the words really don't matter compared to the music and the mood it projects. She finally bought into the idea and thats what we went with. After it's all said and done we both agree that it was the best choice we could have had. Even guest who hadn't heard of PJ was saying what a beautiful song and moment it was, and those who knew said it was perfect for us.

One of the most perfect moments in my life. Later on during the reception the whole wedding party danced and sang to the top of our lungs during "Alive". Very nice night.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    im getting married this time next year, and i am really digging the Yellow Ledbetter as the last song of the night...REALLY digging it. She will go for it too, she may not love PJ like i do, but she likes that song
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    kiptarn wrote:
    My fiance and I are big Pearl Jam fans. Does anyone know of a good song for our first dance together at our wedding?

We were introduce to Baba live from a chicago show we went to together.

Had a dance to Smile but not our first dance.

Closed the night with Alive.

1st dance is a tough one. I let my wife pick a Garth Brooks song. I don't even know the name of it.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    do the evolution seems to be the obvious choice ;)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    We had Thin Air!

It was awesome........
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    pacifier wrote:
    I think if I was going all out to purposely include PJ then I would choose an original not a cover.

have you ever heard the hunter's & collectors version of this song? great lyrics, wrong band.

there's no doubt in my mind "throw your arms around me" will be played at my wedding, the 2-23-03 perth show version, of course
    5/19/2006 Grand Rapids, MI; 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza; 6/14/2008 Bonnaroo; 8/24/2009 Chicago, IL; 5/7/2010 Nobleville, IN; 8/21&22/2009 Chicago, IL EV solo; 6/24/2011 Chicago, IL EV solo
  • Options
    HalesHales Posts: 13
    moloko21 wrote:
    the question is which pj song to play on wedding night? oooooh yeah!

Hail Hail :)
    LOVE MANY, TRUST FEW
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    "Lukin" or "Animal"... either one will get the families thinking.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    Soon Forget
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Options
    BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    "Go" from the Vs. album.
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • Options
    This is ridiculous, after all these posts no one has said the most obvious one of them all. I guess this one is just to obvious for all of you...Can't find a Betterman!

"she lies and says she's in love with him" nah i dont think the idea fits. BUT... I have that symphony version of it and it would be beautiful for the wedding party to walk down the isle to. Right when it gets to the "she lies" part the bride enters. Ive listened to it alot and its beautiful for a wedding when there are no lyrics :)
    twisted thoughts....

www.myspace.com/twistette

"Na-noo Na-noo!"
  • Options
    mtricomtrico Posts: 29
    kiptarn wrote:

Not sure about the first dance (it might be too short), but how about "Untitled"?

got a car...i got some gas
    oh, let's get out of here...get out of here fast
    ah, everyone's confused so i stay in my room
    if i go, i don't want to go alone
    i hope you got this message...oh, you're not home
    i could be there in ten minutes, or so
    oh, i got my things
    we'll make it up as we go along
    oh, with you i could never be alone
    never be alone
    RI 9/28/96; MSG 9/10/98; 2000: Want 8/23, 8/24 & 8/25; 2003: LI 4/30, LV 6/6, MSG 7/8 & 7/9, Mans 7/11, & Holm 7/14; 2005: Ott 9/16, Tor 9/19, AC 9/30 & 10/1, Phil 10/3; 2006: L.S. 5/4, IP 5/5, Alb 5/12, Bos 5/24, Cam 5/27 & 5/28, ER 6/1, ER 6/3, PIT 6/23, SF 7/18, Hon 12/9.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    soldier of love...