You gotta have some patience with this one...

mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
Takes a few listens (as with most PJ stuff) but this one seems more so.  My first listen I was sure this was at the bottom and confused by all the good press reviews.  I see that sentiment here in other posts.  I think we are all stressed right now whether you are in denial or not the energy in the world is palpable right now.  Epic is an understatement for what is going on right now.   So I'm not sure how much that is affecting reviews, perceptions,etc.

Anyway, for me, I think hearing DOTC (1000x) and SuperBlood Wolfman numerous times kinda screwed me up more so than singles have in the past.  Boy, I love DOTC like alot.  This is what happens when the band is in full collaboration for a song and just makes me selfishly wish they would lock up in a mansion for 2 months and pump this type of stuff out.  Realistic or not I have always wished for this.  Back to the point, when I listened to the album the first couple times I totally ignored those two singles...almost like they weren't part of the album.

I'm quite a few listens into this album now and many of the songs are just echoing in me unconsciously.  I think quick escape base line really was the first I was humming without thinking about it or realizing I liked it.  This started to happen for alot of the songs

Also, I took a listen to the album in our Tesla Model 3.  It has a quite the sound system and the cabin design kind of creates this bubble of a studio sound.  This album is super atmospheric and it is much better appreciated when you listen in this way (im sure atmos will be mind blowing).  I haven't had time for vinyl and headphones yet but will by this weekend.

I saw alot of hate for Buckle Up on another thread and not sure what that is all about.  I LOVE IT.  In fact, I think it would have been awesome as the first song.

I do feel like the album drops off for me getting towards the last few songs but i'm sure that can change.

I think all of these songs will be awesome live, btw.  

AND I do expect a part 2 to this album....

Anyways, patience.  Tough in such uncertain times as we are grabbing for anything to bring us back to some type of normal.  The irony is that alot of us have more time than ever to be patient.

Sorry for the ramble but I don't have time to organize thoughts...i'm in the process with this
96 - Ft Lauderdale
98 - ATL; WPB I & II
00 - WPB I & II
03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
04 - Boston VFC I & II
05 - Borgata II
08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
10 - CLE
12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
14 - Memphis
16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II