Gigaton - No download code?

Why no download code card?

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,726
    I'm sure redemption levels are low and combine that with basically everyone signed up for a streaming service, theres really no point. Its a waste of money on their end.

Also, plenty of downloads upon a google search.  
  • No Code. We were warned years ago.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    edited March 2020
    I'm sure redemption levels are low and combine that with basically everyone signed up for a streaming service, theres really no point.
    Not quite "basically everyone."  About 55 percent of the U.S. population is signed up for a streaming service, as of late 2019.

EDIT: I should note that it's probably a higher percentage among people who buy vinyl records, although I have no actual data on that.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    I don't have a streaming service. Would like a digital download, but looks like I'll have to wait for my copy in the mail 🙁
  • fsu2626 said:
    I don't have a streaming service. Would like a digital download, but looks like I'll have to wait for my copy in the mail 🙁
    this
    Give way to nature ...
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,528
    If I'm remembering correctly, no PJ albums have ever come with download cards
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    They emailed us the lightning bolt download if you ordered through 10club last time. Drop in the park came with a download code 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    I’ve said this for years and most recently in another thread here. Every new purchase vinyl should come with a code. Vinyl is not cheap and absolutely should have a download code. No excuse not too. I have a streaming service but it’s annoying I can’t put Gigaton in my music library because I only bought the vinyl. 

All that being said...I LOVE this record!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Lightning Bolt came with a download card inside the sleeve.  I know this because it fell out of the record when I took it off the shelf the other day.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    I have a streaming subscription and I always, ALWAYS prefer a tangible download.  Streaming is just borrowing it.

I'll just rip it from the CD, but still would be nice to have the download for phone and car.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    You don't own anything with streaming.

I always like to own music I love. What  happens if xyz streaming service takes away an artist it album or changes the rules of the streaming game. S.O.L.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • bjgusbjgus Posts: 17
    Download code should be included. At $55.15 shipped for the LP it is the least they could do. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and I love it. But I like to "own" the file in case I'm without a streaming service or connection. A CD is easy to rip, the album not so much. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,726
    If you guys need a DL, google is your friend. 

• sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    If you guys need a DL, google is your friend. 

Or just buy the FLAC version in the shop for 10 bucks
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 486
    No Code. We were warned years ago.
    I'm posting here because this post did not get the love it deserved.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014