Damn Quick Escape is an instant classic

I love the new album so far, and there were a number of tracks that were quick pleasers ("Come Then Goes", "Take the Long Way", "Buckle Up", " Never Destination", "Superblood Wolfmoon"), but "Quick Escape" to me stood out immediately as something that encapsulates everything the band is today. Bravo.

Comments

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    It's the return of the early PJ stomping groove. I've really liked that last few albums, but they were missing that groove. With Quick Escape, I found myself bobbing my head just like I do when I listen to songs like Last Exit or Hail, Hail. Love it..
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    My favorite PJ song in 20 years. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    ehbacon said:
    It's the return of the early PJ stomping groove. I've really liked that last few albums, but they were missing that groove. With Quick Escape, I found myself bobbing my head just like I do when I listen to songs like Last Exit or Hail, Hail. Love it..
    And Rats
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    edited March 2020
    Is Quick Release an official single?  Curious to see how it will do at radio.  It’s epic.
  • PJALKPJALK Posts: 83
    My favorite PJ song in 20 years. 
    I’m with you on this.   Awesome just freaking awesome.  
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Reminds me of 'When the levee breaks'. Its a great song

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Box HopkinsBox Hopkins Posts: 100
    Definitely a Led Zeppelin vibe...
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Honestly, there are many songs on here that are instant classics in my opinion. 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
    Amazing all the different points of view.  I don't see one song on this album as a classic and I feel bummed about that, but that's ok.  There's probably at least a hundred songs from this band that I adore so I'm good!