Options

Gigaton different versions? Side D differs....

13»

Comments

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    I have "Is This You?"  Ordered from 10C.
    Mine is the 6th from 10C
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    edited April 2020
    MedozK said:
    Still looking for complete runouts of the EU version.
    Side A
    B003/607-01-A
    PJ (or BJ)953A5-0A AA   The last A is smaller capital A
    GB (or CB)
    This one took a while

Side B
    B003/607-01-B
    PJ or BJ 953A5-0A BA The last A is a smaller capital A
    GB or CB
    Eat your veggies

Side C
    B003/607-01-C
    PJ (or BJ) 953A6-0A CA  The last A is a smaller capital A
    GB or CB
    86-45-2020!

+1A      this is super faint...

Sorry - my eyesight sucks, had to get my daughter to help me read it!!  

Side D 
    Is This You Etching....
    Post edited by Peasant Tents on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    Side A
    B003/607-01-A
    GB (or CB)
    This one took a while

Side B
    B003/607-01-B
    GB or CB
    Eat your veggies

Side C
    B003/607-01-C
    GB or CB
    86-45-2020!

Side D 
    Is This You Etching....
    So... EU pressings are pressed at Optimal in Germany. Same cut as the US versions.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    myoung321 said:
    I love you nerds!  Mine also says, this one took a while, eat your veggies, and in the midst of the sixth.  

86-45-2020!  BAHAHA
    Has the band endorsed any of the candidates? Is there a bonus song on the album titled "Moves Like Biden"?
  • Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    I’ll take a look at the one I’m getting from my local record shop here in the US tomorrow 
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Mine says "Is This You?"

09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    epieepie Posts: 290
    What are thoughts on "Is This You?".  Is it a "take a look in the mirror" type of reference as you look at a glossy mirror like vinyl?
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    6th from my local record store 
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    epie said:
    What are thoughts on "Is This You?".  Is it a "take a look in the mirror" type of reference as you look at a glossy mirror like vinyl?
    I thinking , yes... 

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Glad it didnt say Play Leash You P........
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Side A
    B003/607-01-A
    GB (or CB)
    This one took a while

Side B
    B003/607-01-B
    GB or CB
    Eat your veggies

Side C
    B003/607-01-C
    GB or CB
    86-45-2020!

Side D 
    Is This You Etching....
    So... EU pressings are pressed at Optimal in Germany. Same cut as the US versions.
    Ah yes - and the / is actually a 1 probably? Is that what the US one has too?
  • Options
    So as far as I can read, the 10C version is not significantly different from other versions out there right?  I got a copy from Amazon DE (In the middle of the 6th) and a copy from the EU pre-order site (Is this you?).  My 10C copy arrived today but as opposed to the other two, it’s shrink wrapped so I was thinking of keeping it closed for now (the EU copies came in a resealable sleeve).
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Mine says "Y U NO SPINNING?"

no, not really, mine hasn't even arrived, status turned to SHIPPED today...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,548
    If anyone wants to trade their unplayed "Is This You" for "In the Midst of The Sixth" shoot me a message.  Figure if I have an extra may as well try and get the other version. 
  • Options
    If anyone wants to trade their unplayed "Is This You" for "In the Midst of The Sixth" shoot me a message.  Figure if I have an extra may as well try and get the other version. 
    Yea, once all this craziness lets up. I will be ordering an EU version in hopes of getting an "In the Midst" don't really need to go after all 4 versions.
  • Options
    Glad it didnt say Play Leash You P........
    What are you referencing here? Comes from a show in New York or something, right? Youtube footage...?
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    Question- are the bundles different at all? I saw them show up on Discogs but as far as I can tell there are 4 versions of Gigaton (2 etchings each for EU and US) and 2 of DoTC (US and EU). The bundles makes it another 4 versions which im cool avoiding if they are identical and just effectively shipped together.

also- how would I order an EU bundle to the US?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    No difference in the bundles. Not sure why people want to add separate releases on Discogs for bundles. That are NO different than the regular release. 

The "Bundles" are just items shipped together and a way to save a little money by buying both items at the same time.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    MedozK said:
    No difference in the bundles. Not sure why people want to add separate releases on Discogs for bundles. That are NO different than the regular release. 

The "Bundles" are just items shipped together and a way to save a little money by buying both items at the same time.
    Thank you @MedozK!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    MedozK said:

not a discogs expert, but i’m pretty sure the bundle listings should at the least be merged with their respective album listings since the items are available separately (and especially since they’re shipped as individual units). like you said, not sure why people are adding them that way, and i’m surprised the anal discogs users that usually jump all over these things haven’t done so yet.
  • Options
    AndySlash said:
    MedozK said:

not a discogs expert, but i’m pretty sure the bundle listings should at the least be merged with their respective album listings since the items are available separately (and especially since they’re shipped as individual units). like you said, not sure why people are adding them that way, and i’m surprised the anal discogs users that usually jump all over these things haven’t done so yet.
    Actually I’m one of those anal users, I think your right, but there are guidelines that say if something is sold as a bundle.. it gets a unique submission. I don’t agree, seems very redundant, but wasn’t up for the fight.. lol
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    edited April 2020
    MedozK said:
    AndySlash said:
    MedozK said:

Actually I’m one of those anal users, I think your right, but there are guidelines that say if something is sold as a bundle.. it gets a unique submission. I don’t agree, seems very redundant, but wasn’t up for the fight.. lol
    did this change recently? because i know that wasn't the case before. like, if the items came within the same shrinkwrap, then yes they were a bundle (like that fye bundle of the otherwise sold individually singles reissues). but if they were a 'bundle' of things that were also sold separately and not packed in the same shrink (as is the case here), then they were to be listed individually.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    nuzzer1 said:
    Question- are the bundles different at all? I saw them show up on Discogs but as far as I can tell there are 4 versions of Gigaton (2 etchings each for EU and US) and 2 of DoTC (US and EU). The bundles makes it another 4 versions which im cool avoiding if they are identical and just effectively shipped together.

also- how would I order an EU bundle to the US?

This EU Bundle is sold out.

I can't remember what that other EU virgin bundle link was.

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    MedozK said:
    So, with the vinyl editions. You have 2 versions of the US and EU. 

US Version
    version 1 - CB cut, QRP pressing, Side D - “Is This You?”
    version 2 - CB cut, QRP pressing, Side D - “In The Midst Of The 6th”

EU Version
    version 1 - CB cut, unknown pressing, Side D - “Is This You?”
    version 2 - CB cut, unknown pressing, Side D - “In The Midst Of The 6th

Credits differ on the EU and US pressings. 

Also the credits in the labels and sleeve are also different on the EU and US DotC 7”” singles. They may have also been pressed at different plants.

So I was a little late to this - MedozK, I found discogs so confusing based on bundle references, but found you point next page clear. So I read this as 4 versions for us nerds. An EU and US, but with two separate Side D etchings each.

I have have multiple, mint, not played of: version 1 - CB cut, QRP pressing, Side D - “Is This You?”......all from 10C.

I am looking for the others, unplayed.