Murder Most Foul- new Dylan

static111static111 Posts: 4,889
Anyone else surprised and delighted by Bob Dylan dropping this new tune today.  18 minutes of some serious ethereal ruminations. I love it.  What do y’all think?
Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    On any other day I'd have time for it but.... gigaton lol

Hopefully Dylan releases another original album sometime soon 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    A nice listen.

NAMEDROPS A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET TOO!

pinging @JPPJ84
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited March 2020
    A nice listen.

pinging @JPPJ84
    Forgive me for being skeptical... but fine, I’ll listen ;) but only because I‘m still waiting for Gigaton :s
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
    @Spiritual_Chaos that is a very nice instrumental! Where can I turn off the „singing“? :tongue:
    JPPJ84 said:
    A nice listen.

pinging @JPPJ84
    Forgive me for being skeptical... but fine, I’ll listen ;) but only because I‘m still waiting for Gigaton :s
    Not listening through e.g. Spotify? Waiitng for CD/vinyl?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    JPPJ84 said:
    A nice listen.

pinging @JPPJ84
    Not listening through e.g. Spotify? Waiitng for CD/vinyl?
    I’m about to. But I really want to unpack the CD and listen to that
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I’m really digging this song. I listened to it and Gigaton back to back a couple times now.  Really preferring the Dylan tune at this point. But I really like time travel songs.
    Scio me nihil scire

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    A nice listen.

pinging @JPPJ84
    Elm street is where Kennedy was shot, and inspired the name of the movies, bit of trivia there if ya didn't know....

Anyway, cool song

• RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    I just saw it posted on Instagram- very, very excited to hear it. I ❤️ Bob
    Don’t overlook this just because we finally got Gigaton.  It’s a beautiful haunting poetic mesmerizing song that is prophetic in a backward and forward looking way.    I’m digging Gigaton and happy for the new PJ but this song to me just kicks ass.
    Scio me nihil scire

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I love this so much.  I love Bob Dylan so much.  This really digs deep into emotions and memories.  Remarkable work, Bob.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    This might be the best music hes recorded since the 70s.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I never would've known, if not for this forum, so thank you. God forbid they send this info to people on his email list.
    I never would've known, if not for this forum, so thank you. God forbid they send this info to people on his email list.
    I’m on his email list that’s how I got it. Check your setting and maybe junk folder. A friend found his notice in the junk folder as well.  I make sure all Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and PJ emails go direct to inbox.
    Scio me nihil scire

edited March 2020
    Lifted said:
    Definitely up there although I love everything from Time out of Mind through Tempest as well.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    static111 said:
    I’m on his email list that’s how I got it. Check your setting and maybe junk folder. A friend found his notice in the junk folder as well.  I make sure all Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and PJ emails go direct to inbox.
    I check junk mail daily, it's not there. It's probably been a few months since I've gotten anything from his site.
    static111 said:
    I check junk mail daily, it's not there. It's probably been a few months since I've gotten anything from his site.
    Well glad you found it here
    Scio me nihil scire

Lifted said:
    No
    theredhandfiles.com/bob-dylans-new-song/?fbclid=IwAR0sujFNUQ9Oiw7dpmmTjG6YyDP94MJLcMtpXq_r3-rAXherWLjy11iLtmc

Nick Cave writes about it.
    theredhandfiles.com/bob-dylans-new-song/?fbclid=IwAR0sujFNUQ9Oiw7dpmmTjG6YyDP94MJLcMtpXq_r3-rAXherWLjy11iLtmc

Nick Cave writes about it.
    Very cool
    Scio me nihil scire