Vinyl download code?

I’m still waiting on my record to arrive. All our record stores are closed here so i ordered it to be delivered. Owner mailed me yesterday to say pj wanted such a strict embargo that they delayed delivery until today so I won’t get it till Monday.  

To anyone who has received theirs, did it come with a download code?

Comments

• Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    I got the CD yesterday.  No pun intended but there was No Code with it. 

Only place I can listen to a CD is my car. I literally no longer have a dvd or CD player in my house.  I’m wanting the code so I can play it on my Bluetooth Bose speakers.  Can’t wait. 
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    My vinyl wont come until tomorrow. Ordered months ago, how about that code?
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    My vinyl copy just arrived. I dont see a download card with it
  • usernameusername Posts: 48
    Banjo said:
    That’s ridiculously disappointing. I can't remember the last record I bought that didn't come with a digital download. 
  • BrandenBranden Posts: 226
    username said:
    Banjo said:
    That’s ridiculously disappointing. I can't remember the last record I bought that didn't come with a digital download. 
    Pretty much every record I've bought this year HASN'T had a download code in it, except for the new Envy...
    The Better Band Podcast: BetterBandPod.com 
    Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/3yVFPcY
    Google Play: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5yc3MuY29tL2JldHRlcmJhbmRwb2QvZmVlZC54bWw

1995: 6.22 Sacramento, CA
    1997: 11.14 Oakland, CA (Rolling Stones)
    1998: 7.10 San Diego, CA; 7.16 Sacramento CA
    2000: 10.22 Las Vegas, NV; 10.25 San Diego, CA; 10.28 San Bernardino, CA; 10.31 Mountain View, CA
    2003: 6.01 Mountain View, CA; 6.02/6.03 Irvine, CA; 6.05 San Diego, CA; 6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    2006: 7.06 Las Vegas, NV; 7.16 San Francisco, CA
    2013: 11.26 Oakland, CA
    2022: 5.18 Sacramento, CA

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    username said:
    Banjo said:
    Lightning Bolt
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• username said:
    Banjo said:
    I do remember the last álbum I brought which came with download video, that would be RNDM first album...

I brought the vinyl bundle on the day of its release, my order history still says pending, it seems I won't get it today, I live in Argentina
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• sheri zonasheri zona Posts: 356
    I’m just gonna usb my record player on the passenger seat. It’ll remind me of those old Walkman days before anti-skip. 
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Banjo said:
    really poor form that. 
    €45 for the vinyl, which is already over priced, and now I'm supposed to pay an extra €10 for the digital version. PJ never miss an opportunity to make money. 
  • username said:
    Banjo said:
    absolutely, when you spend $50+ dollars for a vinyl bundle a digital download should be included, most of the new releases I purchase on vinyl include a digital download, it should be automatic at this point, unfortunately my turntable is out of action until I receive a new drive belt
  • CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    edited March 2020
    Branden said:
    username said:
    Banjo said:
    Pretty much every record I've bought this year HASN'T had a download code in it, except for the new Envy...
    This conforms to my experience

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2024/06/25 Co-op Live, Manchester, UK
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Hankj25 said:
    I got the CD yesterday.  No pun intended but there was No Code with it. 

Only place I can listen to a CD is my car. I literally no longer have a dvd or CD player in my house.  I’m wanting the code so I can play it on my Bluetooth Bose speakers.  Can’t wait. 
    That pun was totally intended!

It’s bullshit they don’t give you vinyl buyers a download code. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • they should have actually provided a disclaimer indicating:

"DIGITAL DOWNLOAD NOT INCLUDED"

I would have decided to purchase eleswhere
  • Absolutely comatose_253 said:
    they should have actually provided a disclaimer indicating:

Absolutely. Friend of mine ordered his through amazon and got a download code from them.  Those who ordered through the official PJ website or their local record store get nothing.  I know there's bigger things to be worried about at the moment but it's a massive pain in the arse not being able to stick the music on my iPod etc. and for PJ to expect us to pay an extra €10 for the the digital version. 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    Absolutely comatose_253 said:

Absolutely. Friend of mine ordered his through amazon and got a download code from them.  Those who ordered through the official PJ website or their local record store get nothing.  I know there's bigger things to be worried about at the moment but it's a massive pain in the arse not being able to stick the music on my iPod etc. and for PJ to expect us to pay an extra €10 for the the digital version. 
    Was it a code?  Amazon usually does a rip for music.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Posts: 6,136
    edited March 2020
    But with LB we all were given a download versión with the purchase of either the cd or vinyl, we want the digital version included, not necessarily in coupon card...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• jstockjstock Posts: 76

Seriously. Crazy disappointing. The main issue for me is if you buy a CD and still have a computer with a disc drive, you can automatically load to your mp3 music player of choice. Not an option with vinyl, unless you have a special turntable. Plus, if I bought the album on amazon, they’d at least offer the digital rip. Feels like we’re getting less for supporting the band shop directly and buying the more expensive album option. No specific 10c version with extra tracks (save the DOTC 7”), no special packaging, no colored vinyl — Amazon would have been the same thing, cheaper shipping and a free digital rip. I know, like others have said, it’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It still sucks. 
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 190
    I was wondering why all the new merch in the shop had a download option with it.
  • usernameusername Posts: 48
    At the very least, let me have the option of using one of my bootleg download codes to download the album.
    I've only complained about one other thing with this band in the nearly three decades of being a fan, but it's like they are taking advantage of the people who pay 2-3 times the cost to hear the new album by making them buy it a second time on a another platform to get the same benefits as someone who paid less. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,267
    edited March 2020
    If you ordered off Amazon I believe it comes with a download.
    I always wonder why I order though 10c would have saved $10 and a free download.
    I think the free boot with Avocado, the one time I didn’t preorder with 10c, has scared me for life.
    Edit- scared I’ll miss a free boot. But yes, also scarred.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Every new record should come with a download code. Period. The price of vinyl is too high to not include a code. 
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    If you buy from TMR you don't get a download code.  I recently purchased an album from Minus The Bear and it came with a code that could be reused 3x.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,267
    Every new record should come with a download code. Period. The price of vinyl is too high to not include a code. 
    Agree. You can download a CD. Vinyl orders should always come with a free download. 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    I’m still waiting on my record to arrive. All our record stores are closed here so i ordered it to be delivered. Owner mailed me yesterday to say pj wanted such a strict embargo that they delayed delivery until today so I won’t get it till Monday.  

To anyone who has received theirs, did it come with a download code?

Nope.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    username said:
    At the very least, let me have the option of using one of my bootleg download codes to download the album.
    I've only complained about one other thing with this band in the nearly three decades of being a fan, but it's like they are taking advantage of the people who pay 2-3 times the cost to hear the new album by making them buy it a second time on a another platform to get the same benefits as someone who paid less. 
    Agreed. I rarely complain but $40 for the vinyl on top of the $40 I'm still paying for my Analog membership each year (don't ask me why, I don't know) I should at least get a complimentary download code. 
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 371
    Agreed. They did for Lighting bolt. I don't subscribe to streaming services and I am still waiting for my copy that I ordered in January 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    To be fair.. even when an album comes with a download code.... it feels like 90% of the time it's only for mp3.   Unfortunately I've very much gotten in the habit of buying the record, then acquiring a flac copy of the album from alternative sources.    In this case I'll have bought the vinyl and cd (if amazon ever ships the cd).    As long as I'm supporting the band, I feel less bad about unconventional format shifting.