Dave Matthews to perform Live Stream This Thursday Night!

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood BostonPosts: 3,672
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...rmance-1286378

Quote:
. . .Verizon has found a way to marry digital entertainment and philanthropy while honoring social distancing guidelines via Pay if Forward Live, a new weekly streaming series that will include music, gaming, comedy and other categories all to support small businesses that have been affected during the coronavirus pandemic. The series launches Thursday at 8 p.m. EST with an exclusive performance from veteran rocker Dave Matthews. 

He'll do a 30-minute set from home that will be streamed on Twitter @verizon and on Yahoo Entertainment. Additional partners and artists, who will follow his lead with intimate home-based performances, will be announced at a later date. As part of Pay it Forward Live, Verizon will donate $2.5 million to Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), a national nonprofit that has invested $20 billion since 1979 to boost economic opportunity for people and communities across the U.S. During the series run, viewers will be encouraged to tag local businesses and make a purchase in advance for when the crisis is over and the businesses reopen. Following engagement, Verizon will commit $2.5 million more, for a potential donation of $5 million.

He'll do a 30-minute set from home that will be streamed on Twitter @verizon and on Yahoo Entertainment. . .

Comments

• YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood BostonPosts: 3,672

• tishtish Posts: 2,360
    He also did a song from the bathroom with Jimmy Kimmel yesterday.
    tish said:
    He also did a song from the bathroom with Jimmy Kimmel yesterday.

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,234
    30 min set. So he’s going to play 3 songs? 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    30 min set. So he’s going to play 3 songs? 
    Yeah I don't know if it is going to be really 30 minutes.  They advertised Garth Brooks as 30 minutes on Monday and they went over an hour I think.  Not sure but I'm guessing longer than 30 minutes.
  • tishtish Posts: 2,360
    I forget the name of the charity Dave played for, but it seemed cool that the company gets food to those in need STAT during emergencies.
  • DP176255DP176255 Posts: 2
    Woof 
    tish said:
    I forget the name of the charity Dave played for, but it seemed cool that the company gets food to those in need STAT during emergencies.
    might be World Central Kitchen, not sure.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 22,506
    edited March 26
    One song: Thirty minute version of seek up. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    That would be awesome. Dave solo in his living room stoned to the gills. Just jamming for 30 mins. I’ll watch that. 
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NYPosts: 963
    Other Music
  • KN219077KN219077 MontanaPosts: 704
    mcgruff10 said:
    I’d take that 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 14,352
    Music to drink by this Thursday evening. Thank you, Dave.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    That was fun.

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 898
    I quite enjoyed that, only catching the last half or so. If anyone has a video and/or audio rip, please lemme know!
    edited March 27
    See below. Double post. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Let us all know please. I missed it. 
    He was a great choice for this. Delightfully weird and well-suited to be alone in a room talking to a webcam with no one responding.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 22,638
    JimmyV said:
    He was a great choice for this. Delightfully weird and well-suited to be alone in a room talking to a webcam with no one responding.
    I thought he was hysterical.  Only knew 1 song but i very much enjoyed watching his fingers work the frets up close like that.