Where will the FLAC HD version of Gigaton be available on 3/27?

2»

Comments

• Does the band still get a fair cut if I purchase an album through one of those hi-res services? Curious not just for Pearl Jam, but for other albums I may want to get, as well.
    YNWA
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    edited March 2020
    Does the band still get a fair cut if I purchase an album through one of those hi-res services? Curious not just for Pearl Jam, but for other albums I may want to get, as well.

On average, bands only make about 17 cents per album sold because the label devours most of the profit. That said, I'm not sure how releasing something under your own label changes that equation.

So by "fair cut" standards, they'd probably make about the same from one of those services.
  • EGrover88EGrover88 CT Posts: 30
    KV4053 said:
    Thanks for posting the Qobuz link!

Is it possible to get the art work and lyrics with any of these downloads?  Seems like that was a thing in the early days of digital downloads.

The Qobuz download only comes with the front cover artwork. The nice thing about buying the HiRes version from Quboz is that they allow you to download all of the lower quality formats with your purchase, which saves some time and hassle if you need the music in other formats as well.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    24Bit 96kHz Flac-HD 1.15GB's

Was kinda hoping for a 192kHz release. Maybe it'll be available after the Blu-ray release of the film is out.

• Travelar said:
    Does the band still get a fair cut if I purchase an album through one of those hi-res services? Curious not just for Pearl Jam, but for other albums I may want to get, as well.

On average, bands only make about 17 cents per album sold because the label devours most of the profit. That said, I'm not sure how releasing something under your own label changes that equation.

So by "fair cut" standards, they'd probably make about the same from one of those services.
    Well, yes. But buying an album still supports an artist more than streaming on Spotify does.
    YNWA
  • Nowhere ManNowhere Man Posts: 345
    Is the regular TenClub digital download Hi-Res? I know demetrios showed the photo that the bundle pack with the badge and stickers does, but just wondering of the regular download is as well.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    EGrover88 said:

Apparently I was wrong. Thank you!

foobar2000 1.3.10 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
    log date: 2020-03-27 11:17:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Analyzed: ? / ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
    DR7       -0.30 dB    -9.41 dB      5:11 ?-01-01-Pearl_Jam-Who_Ever_Said-SMR
    DR7       -0.30 dB    -9.04 dB      3:49 ?-01-02-Pearl_Jam-Superblood_Wolfmoon-SMR
    DR8       -0.30 dB   -10.00 dB      4:25 ?-01-03-Pearl_Jam-Dance_Of_The_Clairvoyants-SMR
    DR6       -0.30 dB    -8.64 dB      4:47 ?-01-04-Pearl_Jam-Quick_Escape-SMR
    DR7       -0.30 dB   -10.71 dB      3:44 ?-01-05-Pearl_Jam-Alright-SMR
    DR7       -0.30 dB    -9.12 dB      6:14 ?-01-06-Pearl_Jam-Seven_O_Clock-SMR
    DR7       -0.20 dB    -9.03 dB      4:19 ?-01-07-Pearl_Jam-Never_Destination-SMR
    DR6       -0.30 dB    -8.53 dB      3:42 ?-01-08-Pearl_Jam-Take_The_Long_Way-SMR
    DR7       -0.30 dB    -9.91 dB      3:37 ?-01-09-Pearl_Jam-Buckle_Up-SMR
    DR10      -0.30 dB   -12.87 dB      6:02 ?-01-10-Pearl_Jam-Comes_Then_Goes-SMR
    DR6       -0.30 dB    -9.66 dB      5:22 ?-01-11-Pearl_Jam-Retrograde-SMR
    DR7       -0.30 dB    -9.58 dB      5:53 ?-01-12-Pearl_Jam-River_Cross-SMR

Number of tracks:  12
    Official DR value: DR7

Samplerate:        96000 Hz
    Channels:          2
    Bits per sample:   24
    Bitrate:           4608 kbps
    Codec:             PCM
    ================================================================================

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Not the best DR numbers.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited March 2020
    Got the qobuz hi-res and during Seven O'Clock it there is a very strange warp glitch sound around 5:30, is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: same thing at the beginning of Take The Long Way. Reaching out to quboz customer service and hopefully it's just a problem with my specific download but I'm a little worried. Tried downloading in FLAC and WMA, both had the warp sound.
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    https://www.hdtracks.com/gigaton

only reason im gonna give them the extra money is that someone is having issue with the Quboz version?
  • bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    Use code March25% for 25% storewide
    Offer valid through 3/28/20 11:59PM EDT

less than $15!!! woohoo!
    bjmjpl said:

less than $15!!! woohoo!
    sweet, I'm definitely gonna use that if things don't go well with qobuz customer service. Anybody else have this problem from them?
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    ehbacon said:
    Got the qobuz hi-res and during Seven O'Clock it there is a very strange warp glitch sound around 5:30, is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: same thing at the beginning of Take The Long Way. Reaching out to quboz customer service and hopefully it's just a problem with my specific download but I'm a little worried. Tried downloading in FLAC and WMA, both had the warp sound.
    I checked and didn't hear the glitch.
  • EGrover88EGrover88 CT Posts: 30
    I did not hear any glitches on these two tracks either.
    bjmjpl said:

less than $15!!! woohoo!

Thanks! Sucks though it's USA only. :( Would love to get those AIFF files.

I wonder why it wasn't in the HDTracks new releases email last night? Oh well, I have trouble downloading with HDTracks on this computer for some reason. Won't let me log on.
    ehbacon said:

Have you tested the FLAC fingerprints? Each FLAC file has a built in hash that tells if the file is good or not.
    ehbacon said:

Have you tested the FLAC fingerprints? Each FLAC file has a built in hash that tells if the file is good or not.
    problem is all resolved. Still not sure what was wrong with my files as there didn't appear to be any corruptions or errors, but @EGrover88 helped me out and sent me their two FLACs for those two songs that they also got from qobuz and they work fine. Very strange, but all is right in the world now haha
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    ehbacon said:

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
    KV4053 said:
    ehbacon said:

You can do it from the command line if you have the flac binaries installed. Or you can download the graphical user interface FLAC frontend.

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    KV4053 said:
    ehbacon said:

You can do it from the command line if you have the flac binaries installed. Or you can download the graphical user interface FLAC frontend.

Very cool. Did not know this was a feature.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
    There's a clean version over @ HDtracks too.

• Anyone have any luck getting the FLAC in Canada? 
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
  • Nowhere ManNowhere Man Posts: 345
    No luck here in Canada as well, hoping to find one soon.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    I am wired and fading...
    RoeDawg13 said:

Excellent!!
  • RoeDawg13 said:
    That's awesome. Thanks 
    Underneath this smile lies everything...
    I had no idea they were doing this when I bought the album. Pretty cool!

Dear customer,Thank you for your purchase from the Qobuz download store during "Gimme Shelter," a two-week period (3/27-4/26) where 100% of Qobuz commissions from download sales in the US will be passed through to the recording rightsholders. By purchasing from us during this time, you are directly supporting your favorite artists, their families, and the record labels affected by the current crisis. We are grateful for your support and honored to have you as our customer.If you'd like to make any additional purchases during this time, we have a fantastic selection of albums for you in Hi-Res and CD-quality here. You can also help out artists further by sharing the link on your personal social media profiles. Tag @QobuzUSA with the hashtag #GimmeShelter and we will be glad to share your post on our pages.We wish you good health, and we appreciate you helping to spread the love of music with us. Happy listening,
    Sebastien from Qobuz