Give Blood/Play Blood - Ottawa Edition

BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
With the Ottawa show on hold I found myself with some free time today so decided to head to the local blood bank to make a donation. Hoping in exchange the band will play Blood when the Ottawa show gets rescheduled. If not that’s cool...still a good thing to do. Consider making a donation yourself.

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,777
    Bravo! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    BS44325 said:
    With the Ottawa show on hold I found myself with some free time today so decided to head to the local blood bank to make a donation. Hoping in exchange the band will play Blood when the Ottawa show gets rescheduled. If not that’s cool...still a good thing to do. Consider making a donation yourself.
    AWESOOOOOME.  I'm in the blood banking industry and it has certainly been a trying time.  Just got home from work and today was incredible.  We are getting so much interest with people wanting to donate.  People must realize though that even in times like this, we have to stick with our eligibility guidelines in order to maintain a safe blood supply.  A few people wanted us to cancel their current deferral and just let them donate.  The guidance is there for a reason.  If you can, please try and donate.  To find a drive in your area, I suggest you look for a "fixed" collection site. Go to www.redcrossblood.org and put in a zip code to find a drive.  Again, the ideal place is the Blood Donation Center in your area.  With so many people having so much time on their hands and wanting to do something to help, this is certainly a way to do it.  A lot of drives at church, schools, VFW's; etc, have been cancelled.  There is no plan to close our brick and mortar sites and we are making extra efforts to keep our donors safe.  I'm not eligible again until April 1 but I will be there to do my part.  Thank you to any one who makes the effort.  Every cancer patient, sick child, burn victims, accident victims depend on the generosity of donors to keep them alive.  Give blood people.  Stay safe.