International Women’s Day - You’re Not Forgotten.

IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
#InternationalWomensDay 

You’re Not Forgotten. 

And let’s collectively do something simple and easy to acknowledge women, GTL’s women. 

As the clock has passed midnight here in the UK, we feel it’s time to acknowledge and celebrate all the women who we’ve taken to shows, teenagers and upwards. 

We also honour those who aren’t to focus of attention because we we’re taking their child, husband, fiend to the shows. They are just as important to us at any show. 

We’ve taken agoraphobics whose show has helped them reach their goal of becoming free, survivors of domestic abuse, adults with PTSD due to child abuse, teenagers who made multiple attempts on their lives, facing cancer. And more, many more. 

This post is for them. And those we’ll take in the future. For pay inequality, sexual assault and harassment, for not being taken seriously just because your pretty or forgotten because you’re not ‘pretty’, for those who hide in the shadows. You are all still you, have so much to give and offer this world and we value you. 

This post is also very much for a current woman were taking to a show, Kelly. Kelly, the mum of a teenager we’re taking to their first show - Pearl Jam - and yet Kelly also faces her daily challenges due to an array of autoimmune issues including Fibromyalgia and Lupus. Like most mum’s we’ve come across in a similar situation she’s focused on her son and doing all and everything for him. 

But Given To Live isn’t forgetting her. She’s important too, she matters as well and we’d like to ask you to acknowledge her, and all the incredible women we’ve taken to shows. 

We though Forget Me Nots would be perfect...yet they’re out of season so we haven’t go a photo of fresh flowers for her but we do have a simple photo. 

For Kelly, because we do not forget you. For all the women we’ve taken to shows and those who’ve been there fighting, aching, hurting to see their loved ones struggle...post a Forget Me Not, a comment. Remember the forgotten, the ones who forget about themselves...post a forget me not ❤️❤️❤️

#ForgetYouNot
#ForgetMeNots

#BecauseYouMatter
#BecauseWomenMatter

#InternationalWomensDay2020

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    As a woman, I usually pooh-pooh this day and similar ones because it sometimes feels like a token pat on the head.  "Thanks for all you do for us, ladies" just strikes me as...condescending.  And I realize that's on me!

But for this - the way you put it, so beautifully and honestly and relatable -  I thank you.  You said it perfectly.

And again, thank you to GTL for bringing joy and fulfillment to so many who really, really need it.
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    hedonist said:
    As a woman, I usually pooh-pooh this day and similar ones because it sometimes feels like a token pat on the head.  "Thanks for all you do for us, ladies" just strikes me as...condescending.  And I realize that's on me!

But for this - the way you put it, so beautifully and honestly and relatable -  I thank you.  You said it perfectly.

And again, thank you to GTL for bringing joy and fulfillment to so many who really, really need it.
    Thank you for such a generous response ❤️
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.