VH1 Storytellers

Does anyone know how to view the full VH1 Storytellers back from 2006?  Only a couple videos on YouTube...

Comments

• F5F5 Posts: 791
    Tried locating this myself. No luck.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    Great show. PJ would have been good....not Motley Crew good but good 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    I have it on DVD, I'm sure someone here will be able to hook you up with a copy! 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    It is on CBS All Access, under the MTV tab. I just subscribed to check out what Paramount+ is (which I guess CBS all access is turning into) as they have a half off year deal. So far, I'm not impressed. But they did have a few Storytellers and Unplugged sessions posted (including PJ, Nirvana and AIC).
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,264
    hihobibo said:
    It is on CBS All Access, under the MTV tab. I just subscribed to check out what Paramount+ is (which I guess CBS all access is turning into) as they have a half off year deal. So far, I'm not impressed. But they did have a few Storytellers and Unplugged sessions posted (including PJ, Nirvana and AIC).

Paramount+ ? Fantastic! Another new streaming service. :/ 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    They have the dates for Unplugged and Storytellers wrong.
    I miss igotid88
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Posts: 416
    Yeah noticed that they better put that Pearl Jam did unplugged first before nirvana
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    Pearl Jam VH1 Storytellers on MTV2 tomorrow night, 8/29 at 11 pm.
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    Thanks! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    On now. Haven’t watched in years.  I was there. Total shady ticket situation that I’m still not sure how managed to get in, but we did.  Bought tickets off a broker site for like $300.  We had to call the guy when we were there. He didn’t answer at first. he finally did and had us meet him a few blocks away.  Basically waited until everyone was inside then he walked us to the line, talked to the guy working the door and we were let in.  Found a spot above the stage side balcony mike side and watched from there.  Insignificance was my favorite from the night and I don’t think it made the tv cut. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    Thanks for posting.  I thought I’d seen this already but I realized I must have never gotten around to seeing it.  I really enjoyed it… thank you! 😁
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,796
    On now. Haven’t watched in years.  I was there. Total shady ticket situation that I’m still not sure how managed to get in, but we did.  Bought tickets off a broker site for like $300.  We had to call the guy when we were there. He didn’t answer at first. he finally did and had us meet him a few blocks away.  Basically waited until everyone was inside then he walked us to the line, talked to the guy working the door and we were let in.  Found a spot above the stage side balcony mike side and watched from there.  Insignificance was my favorite from the night and I don’t think it made the tv cut. 

I was there as well, that balcony was VIP and reserved for guests, industry types, etc.  My morning jacket was right next to us during the performance.

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555

on2legs said:
    Thanks for posting.  I thought I’d seen this already but I realized I must have never gotten around to seeing it.  I really enjoyed it… thank you! 😁
    Awesome! I'm glad you were able to experience it for the first time.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,778
    Tv tapings are free. I don't remember if they charged for this 
    I miss igotid88
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited August 2021
    igotid88 said:
    I wasn't at this episode but I saw 2 other Storytellers filmed - as far as I could tell they never sold tickets.  But for those shady enough with connections, OF COURSE you could make money selling "tix" because who wouldn't want to see their favorite band do a Storytellers?

The ones I went to, everyone in the audience seemed to be a music biz person or music biz-adjacent, or a guest of the band, or winners of a radio contest. I don't remember anyone buying tix legit from Vh1.

You guys are SUPER lucky it actually worked out.  I'm sure the dude who walked you over passed maybe $75 on to the door guy, that's how they did it.
    Post edited by JH6056 on
    JH6056 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I wasn't at this episode but I saw 2 other Storytellers filmed - as far as I could tell they never sold tickets.  But for those shady enough with connections, OF COURSE you could make money selling "tix" because who wouldn't want to see their favorite band do a Storytellers?

The ones I went to, everyone in the audience seemed to be a music biz person or music biz-adjacent, or a guest of the band, or winners of a radio contest. I don't remember anyone buying tix legit from Vh1.

You guys are SUPER lucky it actually worked out.  I'm sure the dude who walked you over passed maybe $75 on to the door guy, that's how they did it.
    This is exactly what happened. I believe The PJ one had a lottery for those living in the NY vicinity. We did not win, but some how found the shady broker online. He got 4 of us in, but it was dicey and shady AF. We got in maybe 2 min before they hit the stage.  Extremely lucky.    
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,666
    JH6056 said:
    igotid88 said:

This is exactly what happened. I believe The PJ one had a lottery for those living in the NY vicinity. We did not win, but some how found the shady broker online. He got 4 of us in, but it was dicey and shady AF. We got in maybe 2 min before they hit the stage.  Extremely lucky.    
    This is a Fairly typical NYC kind of thing. You can almost always find a way in at MSG.

A friend of mine knows a guy who used to work Super Bowls and made 50-60k each year from letting people in his gate.