Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320

Ball-Hog Or Tugboat?

Available in Audiophile 192kHz/24bit & 96kHz/24bit

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    demetrios said:

Ball-Hog Or Tugboat?

I saw that show at the old Black Cat in DC. Small venue. The Foo Fighters opened - it was one of their first gigs. Eddie Vedder played with Mike Watt. He was a surprise guest. Hovercraft was the first opener (with EV's ex wife). The stage was almost floor level and I got right up front - so close I could have touched them. I remember Dave Grohl walking around the club after the show talking to people. He was really cool. That night is one of my favorite 90s memories.

• Love this version of Habit from that tour. Mike Watts an animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-5ux77gm8U

• EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    Great album. Watt is still fucking out there killing it, too. Saw him in Toronto back in October. 

Here’s a link to an interview with his drummer from my podcast...
    https://anchor.fm/fulton-barrett/episodes/Ep-1--WE-POD-ECONO-w-Nick-Aguilar-e7po9o
  • Fuck, I love that record.  Have seen Watt in a bunch of bands and it is always awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,012
    MF117973 said:
    demetrios said:

Ball-Hog Or Tugboat?

I saw that show at the old Black Cat in DC. Small venue. The Foo Fighters opened - it was one of their first gigs. Eddie Vedder played with Mike Watt. He was a surprise guest. Hovercraft was the first opener (with EV's ex wife). The stage was almost floor level and I got right up front - so close I could have touched them. I remember Dave Grohl walking around the club after the show talking to people. He was really cool. That night is one of my favorite 90s memories.

Mee toooo. Tramps nyc.
    I thought, hey let's go see the drummer from nirvana's band...picked up two tickets and went.

I wasnt a giant groupie back then or I would have raided the stage for setlist, picks or whatever. Forget about anything going on now and all the craziness to get tickets. 

We were lucky.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    Loujoe said:
    MF117973 said:
    demetrios said:

Ball-Hog Or Tugboat?

Mee toooo. Tramps nyc.
    I thought, hey let's go see the drummer from nirvana's band...picked up two tickets and went.

I wasnt a giant groupie back then or I would have raided the stage for setlist, picks or whatever. Forget about anything going on now and all the craziness to get tickets. 

We were lucky.
    Yes we were. 1995 was a good year. Also saw Voters for Choice show that year at Constitution Hall with Pearl Jam, Neil Young, and L7. You could only get tickets by sending in postcards to the radio station. If you were picked, you got a phone call letting you know how to buy tickets. I think my friend and I must have sent in a few hundred postcards each. I remember getting that phone call. Got floor seats about 20 rows back. Another great night.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,012
    Awesome^^^^
  • Saw the show in Cleveland and is still one of my favorite 
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    For those of you that didn’t know, the music video for Big Train was banned and basically wiped from the internet because they used Union Pacific railroad carts/toys were not cleared with the railway. I have the video, every time I try to upload it anywhere, even as a private wetransfer file it fails. I’ve never seen anything like it. There is a toy train in the video that says Dr. Vedder Dentistries, I can take a screen shot if you guys are interested
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    A bit tough to make out, had to take a screen grab of it, but this is the Dr Vedder Dentistries train car from the banned Mike Watt Big Train video. There’s also Dave Grohl dairy, one for the guys from the Meat Puppets and Nels Cline from Wilco 
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • demetrios said:
    Damn he’s playing a show like every night. Would be interested in seeing him in NY or Philly even though I haven’t heard his new bands music. Gonna be a busy week tho.
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    demetrios said:
    Damn he’s playing a show like every night. Would be interested in seeing him in NY or Philly even though I haven’t heard his new bands music. Gonna be a busy week tho.
    When I saw him in Toronto back in October, he was doing 45 shows in 45 days. No days off, always jammin’ econo.