Pearl Jam videos on demand over at Nugs

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178

NUGS will release videos on demand from Pearl Jam

This morning we woke up with an email from NUGS, a company that collaborates with Pearl Jam and many other artists for years and is dedicated to offering concerts both on audio and video on demand, where he announces that we will soon be able to enjoy 8 for the first time Seattle band videos over 3 decades.

At the moment they did not give many more details but if we enter your app we can see the list of videos that is the following. Undoubtedly, the one who calls us the most at the moment is the one in Washington DC on the Vote For Change tour?

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    edited March 2020

Post edited by demetrios on
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    edited March 2020
    Just wow  =) More to come ? Hope so.
    Post edited by Tristelune on
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I don't see anything on the Nugs website. I'm registered on there but don't have a subscription. I imagine I'll need a subscription?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,065
    Hopefully that’s the precursor to a live streaming option of shows.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    demetrios said:
    Nice I haven't watched any of these in years so I guess now is as good a time as any to re-watch
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • SK20613SK20613 Posts: 106
    I was at that Reading show in 2004, how's that video? .. and I see now it's 1 song, what song?
    SK20613 said:
    I was at that Reading show in 2004, how's that video? .. and I see now it's 1 song, what song?

Should be 67:02 running time.
    Documentary Soundtrack 

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-pearl-jam-vote-for-change?-reading-pa-10-01-2004-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/24265.html

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Anyone else have problems playing the PJ videos?   I've got the app on my phone, goes the video screen, but just goes blank and doesn't start playing.   Metallica videos work fine?
  • SK20613SK20613 Posts: 106
    demetrios said:
    SK20613 said:

Should be 67:02 running time.
    Documentary Soundtrack 

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-pearl-jam-vote-for-change?-reading-pa-10-01-2004-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/24265.html

Thanks, I was more wondering if there was pro shot video of the show.
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 147
    Zod said:
    Anyone else have problems playing the PJ videos?   I've got the app on my phone, goes the video screen, but just goes blank and doesn't start playing.   Metallica videos work fine?
    Where are you from? I had the same issue in Germany, but it works fine with VPN with a US-IP.
  • I wish someone would post the correct link for the 3 months for 99 cents offer that was in the newsletter. The link is incorrect, it takes you to sirius, not nugs.
    I went to the main nugs page and there's nothing there about the offer for us 10clubbers. 

edited April 2020
    rahjiim said:
    Zod said:
    Where are you from? I had the same issue in Germany, but it works fine with VPN with a US-IP.
    Canada.  It never occurred to me it could be a rights issue.. grrrrr....  Why would they put the videos under the list if you couldn't play them.

I've never installed my VPN on my phone before.  I guess I could give that a go.   I wish you could straight up play the videos through a browser.  Right now to play nugs videos on my tv, I installed a casting program on my firestick, and cast from my phone to the TV.

I was mildly interested in weather or not Imagine in Cornice would be in HD.   I keep hoping for an HD release of it.  The DVD packaging says it was filmed in HD, and they used HD footage from in pj20.  Would love to see an HD copy of it.
    I wish someone would post the correct link for the 3 months for 99 cents offer that was in the newsletter. The link is incorrect, it takes you to sirius, not nugs.
    I went to the main nugs page and there's nothing there about the offer for us 10clubbers. 

Try this link. https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/nugsnet-exclusive-offer

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,086
    edited April 2020
    Should have thrown the spectrum live show up there
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 147
    Zod said:
    rahjiim said:
    Zod said:
    Canada.  It never occurred to me it could be a rights issue.. grrrrr....  Why would they put the videos under the list if you couldn't play them.

I've never installed my VPN on my phone before.  I guess I could give that a go.   I wish you could straight up play the videos through a browser.  Right now to play nugs videos on my tv, I installed a casting program on my firestick, and cast from my phone to the TV.

I was mildly interested in weather or not Imagine in Cornice would be in HD.   I keep hoping for an HD release of it.  The DVD packaging says it was filmed in HD, and they used HD footage from in pj20.  Would love to see an HD copy of it.
    I've tried to stream These videos to my TV, but the chromecast didn't work (because of the vpn I guess). Which casting App do you use on the fire stick? I didn't find one for my fire tv box. 
    I bought this one called airreciever.  It gets mediocre reviews, but it's been working pretty good for me.  It was the only one I could't find that was OCD on you paying a reoccuring subscription to use the software.   I've never liked that payment model for software.

rahjiim said:
    Zod said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Using a VPN on my phone made it work no problems.  Had no idea it was a geoblock until you mentioned it.   Geoblocks have to be one of the most annoying things in the digital world :)
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    "Nugs is offering you a year of streaming service for only $19.99. Or get 3-Months of streaming service for $0.99."

i don't see the $0.99 option.

*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    demetrios said:
    I wish someone would post the correct link for the 3 months for 99 cents offer that was in the newsletter. The link is incorrect, it takes you to sirius, not nugs.

Try this link. https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/nugsnet-exclusive-offer

link has no $0.99 option.

*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• rfherbstrfherbst Posts: 28
    i signed up for the $19.99 for a year offer on Nugs.  However, when I log in and look for the Pearl Jam content, all I see is all of the audio concerts..I can't find the HD videos.  Any advice?
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    In this time warp, I thought this offer just came out and realize its been dead for a while.  Dammit, was hoping to reup with nugs at great rate.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
    PSUS2H said:
    In this time warp, I thought this offer just came out and realize its been dead for a while.  Dammit, was hoping to reup with nugs at great rate.

Hopefully it'll come back soon. 
    demetrios said:
    PSUS2H said:

Hopefully.  My Metallica promo runs out in a week or so.  I don't use nugs enough to warrant a full priced sub, but $20/yr.. that seems reasonable.
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    PSUS2H said:

Hopefully.  My Metallica promo runs out in a week or so.  I don't use nugs enough to warrant a full priced sub, but $20/yr.. that seems reasonable.
    The $19.81 a year? Yeah I emailed Nugs, asked about it and they politely said NO MORE PROMO FOR YOU!  
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
    PSUS2H said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    PSUS2H said:

The $19.81 a year? Yeah I emailed Nugs, asked about it and they politely said NO MORE PROMO FOR YOU!  
    I had kind of hoped because it's done by code, if one lapsed, my account would no longer be active, so I could then use a new promo code to resub.  

I guess I'll find out if they put that offer out through 10c again.    I understand its tough on them. They're trying to make money on the service.   Unfortunately I have a big digitized catalog of music at home.    I really only used nugs to watch the odd video concert, or play an album on the road (or once when I was too lazy at home to put in a CD).     I'm probably not the target audience for a full cost sub.
    I agree, and Ive seen both the MetClub and 10c send these promos out before.  I have a bunch of live recordings but for $20 for the year i was into it.