Digital Download Price increases

KL119975KL119975 Posts: 125
when did they increase the FLAC files to $15?  Download codes good for MP3 only?

Comments

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
    Haven't they always been that price?  You can use the $10 code towards the flac. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,948
    FLACs were like a dollar when I was a kid. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    Stupid question but is there any good way to get FLAC or similar quality files on an iPhone? I still haven't figured out a way.
  • RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 255
    Stupid question but is there any good way to get FLAC or similar quality files on an iPhone? I still haven't figured out a way.

Convert to ALAC, it's the apple lossless version - there's a few programs that'll do it for you. Or use another music player than iTunes
    I am wired and fading...
  • KL119975KL119975 Posts: 125
    Haven't they always been that price?  You can use the $10 code towards the flac. 

I am pretty sure the code use to cover the FLAC downloads.  I just now used my second code ever and I still have two left that don't say a year and all the ones from 2015-2020 still to use.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    KL119975 said:

I am pretty sure the code use to cover the FLAC downloads.  I just now used my second code ever and I still have two left that don't say a year and all the ones from 2015-2020 still to use.

no, it never did.  It's annoyed me the entire time.  Having to pay $5 to upgrade.  Would of been way cooler had they made the codes include your format of choice.  It doesn't really cost anything more to sell flac over mp3.   Considering it was an "analog" membership, the higher quality would of been appreciated.

I still have a bunch of codes because I was too cheap to pay the $5 to upgrade :)
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    The codes have never covered anything higher than MP3 format; anything over and we had to pay the difference.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Tiered pricing on digital files is the real crime here.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    You could of made a weak argument for it when it started due to bandwidth costs, but now I think it's negligible in price to send out a few hundred mb's or 1gb
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Absolutely... total BS. 
    on2legs said:
    FLACs were like a dollar when I was a kid. 
    I remember in the 80's, I could get a .shn file for even less, right at the drug store.  
  • TenakaTenaka Posts: 96
    You can get the ALAC version, import the songs into iTunes directly (no need to convert), then go to File -> Library -> Update Cloud Library (don't remember if you need an Apple Music subscription)
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
    Tenaka said:
    You can get the ALAC version, import the songs into iTunes directly (no need to convert), then go to File -> Library -> Update Cloud Library (don't remember if you need an Apple Music subscription)
    Does anyone think the DAC on an iPhone is good enough to hear the difference,  or any of the apple ear products?
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I can use Poweramp to play Apple files on my Android. I'd have to imagine that there's an iPhone app that does the opposite.