GA vs RS

Is GA (rail, side, back rail, every spot) better than every RS seat?

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    Is GA (rail, side, back rail, every spot) better than every RS seat?
    For the most part I would say yes.  If you're shorter and don't want to line up early to be at the front, maybe the first few rows of side stage would be better because you'd be a few feet above the crowd?

Looking at the seating charts it looks like the Pits take up less than half the floor. It's probably the equivelent of 20 seated rows.   That's not bad.  As someone 6'2 I definitely think GA is the best way to go.  I do feel bad when my wife is with me and i see her bobbing her head left to right trying to see around people.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    edited March 2020
    Im a 146xxx member. Some shows i put in reserved cause I know I’m in. Others I do GA/RS as a gamble (old system). 

I realize my RS rock. Just curious where the line gets drawn. Personally, i dont consider the GA upgrade as an upgrade as we don’t go in early and get beers/pee breaks)
    Post edited by pbultimate on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    Im a 146xxx member. Some shows i put in reserved cause I know I’m in. Others I do GA/RS as a gamble (old system). 

I realize my RS rock. Just curious where the line gets drawn. Personally, i dont consider the GA upgrade as an upgrade as we don’t go in early and get beers/pee breaks)
    I think it depends on pit size.  I think it's much more of a Zoo at the stadium shows.  They really packed the people into those stadium pits.  Probably something like 5000 tickets.   It meant there were a lot more people able to lineup.

The Arena pits are a lot smaller, which means less people, which means less people lining up.   I only went to one Arena pit show, but we got there right when the doors opened at 6:30 and I was about 6 people back from centre stage (which turned into 4ish people back by the end of the show).  

That's my thoughts.  Stadium GA and Arena GA are two very different beasts.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    Agree. I had row 2 at wrigley 13 and row 7 at wrigley1 18. Weather mattered at 13 and both pits were packed.

Im askiNg about arena.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    I would say yes... even in reserved..you are not sitting.. or should not be ;) If you are short you are still possibly stuck with a taller person in front of you (and sides) when you have to look down to the stage. At least in GA you can hang back (no line waiting, no row shuffle for beer) and move freely side to side and closer or further away to get best view. I also think the "connection" to the performance is different when you are in GA as well ...and that might be the best upgrade IMO
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    Depends on the show and how tall you are. I had front row of a side section right next to the pit (positioned around the middle of it) for philly 2016 and i wouldnt have traded that for ga. I was in the pit for cville and hampton and it was probably the best ticket for those shows because the pit was probably only 3/4 full and i like to stand in the back anyway, so it was nice having all that space and being able to come and go as i pleased as if i had a seat. I imagine a short person might prefer a great seat though.

Short answer, places like philly and msg, id say the best reserved seats are probably nicer than the pit. For most other venues, the pit is the way to go.