Behind the Stage Seats

pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
edited February 2020 in The Porch
Looking for tickets like a crack head looking for that one last rock, I have been tempted to get some tickets but I can’t see myself looking at asses all night with what I am sure is shitty sound just to get in the door. And the one song they play to the back, Last Kiss. No thanks. 
If the stage was set up like Metallica does it I would in a sec. And I’m sure the novelty of seeing what the band sees wears off one song in so I am quite content to miss a show instead of sitting behind the stage. 

Does anyone have any good experiences in these seats? Is it wrong for a band to have those seats available or is it better so more can get in the building. I know how I feel, but would love to hear some feedback. 

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• EugeneEugene Posts: 124
    Behind the stage is absolutely still a great experience. I sat behind Hartford 2013 and I was nervous about it as well but the sound was great and you get a unique view. Get them if you can you won’t regret it 
  • SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    I sat second row behind the stage at the London, ON show a few years back.  Wasn't able to score fanclub tickets but got behind the stage on ticketmaster.  The sound was great as mentioned above!  Different viewing experience, but still a fantastic view!
  • Sound-wise, behind the stage is awesome.  PJ has a speaker array pointed in that direction, sound is as good as in front of the stage.
    You do get a sorta behind-the-scenes perspective with the drum and guitar tech's running around.  Behind the stage was a last resort for me at MSG nite 2 in 2010...  Had a great time and got lucky and caught one of Matt Cameron's drum sticks when he threw them into the crowd after the show.

Plus behind the stage gets you in the building.  
    Seattle '96, Tampa '00, Jones Beach I '00, Jones Beach II '00, Toronto '00, Penn State '03, MSG I '03, MSG II '03, Holmdel '03, Philadelphia '05, Chicago I '06, ERU I '06, ERU II '06, MSG I '08, MSG II '08, Philadelphia III '09, Newark '10, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Brooklyn '13, Hartford '13, Ft. Lauderdale '16, Miami '16, MSG I '16, MSG II '16, Seattle I '18, Seattle II '18, Fenway I '18
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Yep. Gets you in the building. 
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    2013 I saw them back to back in NYC. You were able to enter for both shows, but the 10c would only grant you one of the 2 nights if you were drawn for tix. So for N1 I had to rely on the public sale. Scored tickets and landed seats behind the stage. My experience was not bad at all. I thought the sound was great, and being able to see what the band sees all night was actually not bad at all. I tried to see it from the perspective of MC point of view. I enjoyed the show very much, but yet again I am someone who is always happy just to be in the building. Just my $0.02
  • Wow. Different responses then I expected. Thank you to everyone for the great feedback. Worst case scenario, I might have to snag some if I can’t get another option. Thanks again!!
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
     Best view in the house of MFC! 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• First show I went to was in Toronto behind stage.  Well worth it to go.  Side note dude that was on the rail must have been there with a friend and not a true fan cuz he spent more time looking around than actually watching the band 
  • Behind the stage is awesome, saw the Ten show in Philly from behind the stage, lower bowl and it was phenomenal
  • Better than not being there
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    If you are a few rows up, but not in the rafters, they can be fine seats. Too low and their equipment can block the view. Too high up and the lighting truss can block the view.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Did the Denver lightning bolt show few rows behind

i enjoyed it
  • Hartford 2013 I was behind the stage and loved it. Sound was great , I enjoyed getting to watch Matt C play drums that night and it is a unique view.
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Spoken like a true person who is still to afraid to live a little ... won’t comment on my behind the stage experiences .... just try it you may like , don’t spend time or fuck bucks in your life worrying about that .... 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Behind the stage is awesome, saw the Ten show in Philly from behind the stage, lower bowl and it was phenomenal
    Yes it was as that's where i was too. It was a great experience seeing the show from the Band's perspective. (Watching the crowd going crazy )

One of my Fav shows.

I have seats behind for one of the shows on this Tour. I'm looking forward to it.
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    I love behind the stage.  you are closer to the band
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Behind the stage in Pitt 2013. We had a blast - great view - Mike turned around constantly and pointed to us multiple times. I would definitely sit there rather than miss the show. You have an up close view of what is happening on stage.

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Those are great shots. Seeing some for Oakland night 1 in section 224. But I believe they are handicapped seats. The day DS. But I’m wondering if they are for anyone since they are fan to fan. Calling Ticketmaster is like a slow death. On hold forever and no one knows shit. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    edited February 2020
    Been to many, many shows.  Only sat behind the stage once.  Dallas ‘13.  Would absolutely do it again.  Was fairly high up too.
    Post edited by Deadman on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I think behind the stage can be great and interesting.   Your much closer to the band than if you were at the back of the venue.

On the flip side if you sit at the wrong height your view can be obscured.   I loathed my Seattle 2013 tickets:

• jsk175jsk175 Posts: 70
    Eugene said:
    Behind the stage is absolutely still a great experience. I sat behind Hartford 2013 and I was nervous about it as well but the sound was great and you get a unique view. Get them if you can you won’t regret it 
    Me too....great time...wouldnt want it to be my first, but after many i would certainly do it again
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Zod said:
    I think behind the stage can be great and interesting.   Your much closer to the band than if you were at the back of the venue.

On the flip side if you sit at the wrong height your view can be obscured.   I loathed my Seattle 2013 tickets:

Ugh, this image has me worried about my seats for Oakland night 1. I'm in the upper section behind the stage just as it looks like you were. Hopefully it won't seem this high up when I get to my seats as I was able to get seats in row 6 which is the second row in section 224. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    edited February 2020
    Behind the stage in Pitt 2013. We had a blast - great view - Mike turned around constantly and pointed to us multiple times. I would definitely sit there rather than miss the show. You have an up close view of what is happening on stage.

Great pics and accurate view if you are 1st 10 rows behind stage.

Mike n Jeff play sideways to each other alot which has a great view from behind, but Ed at front stage center can be hard to spot within  a background of fans....with the lights down and a dark shirt.
  • Behind the stage in Pitt 2013. We had a blast - great view - Mike turned around constantly and pointed to us multiple times. I would definitely sit there rather than miss the show. You have an up close view of what is happening on stage.

Great pics and accurate view if you are 1st 10 rows behind stage.

Mike n Jeff play sideways to each other alot which has a great view from behind, but Ed at front stage center can be hard to spot within  a background of fans....with the lights down and a dark shirt.
    True, those pix were shot at the end of the show. Here is a pic with house lights off - Ed wearing a green jacket, Stone over to the side in a black tshirt..

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Msg 98 behind the stage. Was about 15-20 rows up. It was worth it but not sure I’d do it again. Sound was good, view was decent 
  • I enjoy behind the stage, prefer it to seats on the other side of the arena. The sound is good
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited February 2020
     Denver 2014 - Image taken during "Given To Fly"

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Those pics are sick. I won’t find out this tour though. Scored good seats for Sunday and back of arena balcony for Sat. Both Oakland shows. Always checking to upgrade but happy with our seats. Can’t wait for the shows!!!
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    The worst seats,are the ones outside the venue.
  • joseph33 said:
    The worst seats,are the ones outside the venue.