Which tickets are better?

I have two pairs of tickets for Toronto and I wanted input about which are "better". Section 111 Row 16 (extreme side stage) vs Section 105 Row 30 (opposite the stage). I like being close but I also don't want to be watching the band from behind. Thanks!
if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.

Which tickets are better? 35 votes

Section 111 Side Stage
80% 28 votes
Section 105 Back of Arena
20% 7 votes

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    So I am going to caveat this with a big depends.  Some arenas have absolutely miserable acoustics.  So pending that the side could be a shit show or great, and same with the backend.

Me personally I have a tough time with distance because I am taller than most of the crowd, so the further back I get, the more meatheads garbling all night into a cacophony of dull noise creeps into my ears
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    The complete side of the stage you dont have a view of the whole band. I'd take a far back view of the whole band over a close up of just the side.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Not that PJ’s live light show is really crazy, you do get to see the stage setup and lighting as it was intended when you are looking straight on to the stage.   The sound may be a little better straightaway from the strange.  I always feel like I’m watching others attending a concert when I’m seated side of stage.  THe band is facing forward to 70% of the crowd and I’m just on the side watching the band play a show for other people.
  • I've sat side stage for a lot of different acts (PJ, Springsteen, Billy Joel, etc), and other than the first couple sections that are considered the prime sections, i think these are the best seats in the house. You are practically on top of the action, are much closer than 90% of the building, and if you sit on the other end of the arena, guaranteed you'll be watching the screen most of the show. In my view, the closer the better, no matter what view it is. I even think directly behind the stage is better than opposite side as well, even though i assume most people don't see it that way 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I've sat side stage for a lot of different acts (PJ, Springsteen, Billy Joel, etc), and other than the first couple sections that are considered the prime sections, i think these are the best seats in the house. You are practically on top of the action, are much closer than 90% of the building, and if you sit on the other end of the arena, guaranteed you'll be watching the screen most of the show. In my view, the closer the better, no matter what view it is. I even think directly behind the stage is better than opposite side as well, even though i assume most people don't see it that way 
    Did you get a good side view of the whole band, or just the member on that side? I've never sat directly to the side, but I've always imagined getting a great side view of Stone and not seeing anyone else. If that is the case I'd rather have a poor view of everyone than a great view of just part of the band.
  • 105 row 30 could be partially obstructed. there are only 6 seats in that row. Section 111 for sure. I've had Section 110 for PJ, see my avatar pic. and I purposely bought 116 (opposite to 111) during the presale. I play guitar and I like seeing the tech guys go in and out, you can see the front of GA getting into it. And the light show / stage production isn't much usually.
  • Also I have Section 116 and 103 and I'm using the 116.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    I think you should keep the 105 tickets. In fact, I can even help you out. I have 105, row 28 - a couple of rows closer. I'll trade you those for those terrible, dreadful seats in 111. ;)
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    I have 104 and 110 and am using the 110 pair.

I always enjoy 110/111 and 117 /116 at ACC/Scotiabank.  Great views.  Gives you that feeling of being a guest of the band at the concert, getting to watch them from where they perform and out into the regular crowd. Ive watched shows from as low as sixth row right up into the mid 20s from that perspective.  Row 16 will give you a great vantage point to watch from.