Thoughts on seat locations?

What are everyone's thoughts on sitting 10 rows behind the GA section (section B row 10 in the below diagram)?  Easy/hard to see (I'm 6'1", my wife is 5'7")?  Or would something in like 122 or 112 be better?  I've never sat behind GA before (I've been on the wings, in the Pit, or within the first 10-15 rows at Fenway).  Hoping that 10 rows back isn't going to be totally obstructed/blocked.  Or am I splitting hairs?  Thoughts?  Thanks!

1998 Mansfield 09/15 | 2000 Mansfield 08/30 | 2003 Mansfield 07/02, 07/03, 07/11 | 2004 Boston 09/28 | 2006 Boston 05/24, 05/25 | 
2008 Mansfield 06/28, 06/30 | 2009 Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 | 2010 Boston 05/17 | 2013 Worcester 10/15, 10/16 - Hartford 10/25 |
2016 Boston 08/05, 08/07 - Chicago 08/20, 08/22 | 2018 Seattle 08/08, 08/10 - Boston 09/02, 09/04 | 2022 Denver, 09/22

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    your wife won't see a thing but the sound there will be great
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I would take near the front of 122/112 over 10 rows back on the floor.
    Floor can be hit or miss. You can get stuck behind Shaq or some tiny person. Either way youre stuck there.
  • I'm short. Unless I'm first row behind the pit, I'd choose the lower bowl.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• I'm 5'9 and I'd rather be in the top of sec 223 than there in B.  When I was in that scenario in the past, I couldn't see.  You'll be fine, wife, probably not.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Your seats aren’t gonna be great man 
  • Your seats aren’t gonna be great man 
    Not great but not terrible either.  I think I would prefer the 122/112 sections because at least it's raised and you'll have a view of the stage. But I don't think the seats on the floor would be the end of the world. Your wife will just be looking for angles in between heads and probably checking out the screens.  
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    there will be two big screen tv's.  I often find myself watching that wherever i am lol
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    never catch me on the floor that far back. i'm not tall so i wouldn't see anything. it will be a challenge for sure. if you can sit in seats on the side do it.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    I'm 6'2, and my general rule of thumb is I don't like to be on the floor past row 20.  A few times I've had row 22 or 23, but after row 20 it gets difficult for me to see much.   In the PJ setup, I'd really only want to be in the first 2 or 3 rows behind the pit.  I figure the pit is probably the equivalent of 20 rows.  

• TN49724TN49724 Posts: 102
    Geez people are harsh. The seats aren’t awful.  I’ve been in that general area before and it’s fine.  Ya given the choice 122 is better, but some of these comments make it sound like you shouldn’t even bother going.  Just buy the boot.  

They’ll be alright, enjoy the show man!
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    I’m sure I’m sure one of your seats will have a decent sight line for your wife.   Enjoy the show!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    TN49724 said:
    Geez people are harsh. The seats aren’t awful.  I’ve been in that general area before and it’s fine.  Ya given the choice 122 is better, but some of these comments make it sound like you shouldn’t even bother going.  Just buy the boot.  

I didn't mean to sound harsh.  Not every seat in an arena is equal.  I've been to hundreds of shows.  I feel I can give a pretty reasonable and unbiased opinion on the quality of seats in an arena.  For me it would go in this order for the current PJ tour:

1)  GA Pit
    2)  Side Stage - Lower Bowl
    3)  First Two to Three Side sections next to stage - lower bowl
    4)  First 2 to 3 rows on the floor behind the pit
    5)  Side Stage upper Bowl
    6)  First few sections upper bowl
    7)  The rest of the lower bowl
    8)  The rest of upper bowl
    9)  The back half of the floor
    9)  Behind stage lower bowl
    10) Behind stage upper bowl

I could see some minor arguing over personal preference, but when you're on the floor the further you get back from the stage the less you can see because the angle (plane) is reduced.  It makes it hard to see past all the heads/shoulders/arms. 

I felt the poster deserved a proper opinion on how his seats stack up.  Tell someone tickets are "fine" without context isn't helpful either.  His wife could be pissed at him if they show up and they can't see anything.   I know I need to keep this in mind when taking my wife to shows :)

• VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    edited February 2020
    Everybody has their own threshold and definition for "great", "not great", "awful", "terrible", etc.  For me, at a concert, I have two basic requirements.  1) Be able to hear the concert, 2) Be able to see the concert.  When I was at San Diego 6/5/2003, I was 20 rows back on the floor.  I needed to sway side-by-side to see the band in-between people in front of me.  Sway side-by-side as they were moving around.  I never saw below the band-member's shoulders.  So from time-to-time, I saw their heads, saw the lights above them, and saw, sometimes, the part of their guitars where the strings are wound around those twists.  There weren't big-screen displays.  My son, who I took was maybe 5'2" at the time.  He couldn't see - period.  So some people would call those seats ok because they have a different standard for themselves and that's ok.  For me, those seats were terrible.  And that was at a time when 10C used to advertise "best seats in the house".  I think that assertion was based on when 10C members could pick just one show per tour and the seats were up-front.  I would have traded section 223, pictured above for what I had.  There was a lot of feedback back then about floor vs. sides.  For a few years, it changed to sides and that was great.  Now, it is back to floor.  If the picture above was LA Forum, I'll be in the front of F, just behind C.  Now that 10C is seating people on the mid-rear floor again, I'll probably in the future purchase 10C seats and Ticketmaster seats, use the better one and just throw away the worse one, especially if on the floor.
    Post edited by Veddernarian on
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I would consider the first few rows of 112/122 to be great seats. I guess it depends on your definition of great, but as far as seating (not GA) id put that in the top 10% fo actual seats.
  • You will be happy anywhere not behind me...by the way Oak1 Sect F....I am bummed for the people in row 9.  Back third of the floor and behind me and my son--both 6'5".  Sorry in advance for the view of my back....I would have gladly taken GA tix and stood toward the back of the section....  :)
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Zod said:
    TN49724 said:

I didn't mean to sound harsh.  Not every seat in an arena is equal.  I've been to hundreds of shows.  I feel I can give a pretty reasonable and unbiased opinion on the quality of seats in an arena.  For me it would go in this order for the current PJ tour:

1)  GA Pit
    2)  Side Stage - Lower Bowl
    3)  First Two to Three Side sections next to stage - lower bowl
    4)  First 2 to 3 rows on the floor behind the pit
    5)  Side Stage upper Bowl
    6)  First few sections upper bowl
    7)  The rest of the lower bowl
    8)  The rest of upper bowl
    9)  The back half of the floor
    9)  Behind stage lower bowl
    10) Behind stage upper bowl

I could see some minor arguing over personal preference, but when you're on the floor the further you get back from the stage the less you can see because the angle (plane) is reduced.  It makes it hard to see past all the heads/shoulders/arms. 

I felt the poster deserved a proper opinion on how his seats stack up.  Tell someone tickets are "fine" without context isn't helpful either.  His wife could be pissed at him if they show up and they can't see anything.   I know I need to keep this in mind when taking my wife to shows :)

*9 and 10 should be adjusted upward if in the goldilocks zone (that was brilliant ;-) )
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    pjhawks said:
    your wife won't see a thing but the sound there will be great

maybe if she wears 4" heels
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I received club seats for MSG in first few rows of section 102 which is lower bowl straight on behind floor view. Having said that, I’m SO happy I’m not on the floor w seats. You can’t see much. Was down there for spectrum show in 09, not the greatest seat if you are average height.