Options

Cannot use the Fan To Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

MorpheusIIMorpheusII Posts: 62
edited February 2020 in Given To Fly (live)
I have an extra pair for QBC. I went to list them on the new TM site. It does not work. 

I suspect it has something to do with the exchange rate but TM forces me to a specific price (set by PJ, I believe) but TM won't let me list the tickets because the price is too low. It appears that the system is broken. Has anyone else tried to list tickets through this system and, if so, were you able to? I can't sell these out side the system nor do I want to make money. This looks like a flaw in the system to me.

UPDATE - Turns out this is not a pricing issue. The issue is that the TM Fan to Fan resale functionality requires a bank account in the same country as the venue. Since I do not have a Canadian bank account, I cannot resell the tickets. The system is broken and neither TM nor PJ told us this. It wasn't until I spoke to someone that I learned it. It is hidden on an FAQ page on the Canadian TM site but was not part of the workflow of purchasing the tickets.
Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 11, 2003)
Boston, Massachusetts (September 29, 2004)
Boston, Massachusetts (May 25, 2006)
Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)
Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018)
Boston Night 2 (September 04, 2018)

Post edited by MorpheusII on

Comments

• Options
    it's a banking issue...for some reason the US listing won't allow a CDN bank ....if you call they will fix it 
  • Options
    Thanks. On hold with them now.

• Options
    TM is saying I need a Canadian bank. What a cluster.

• Options
    US fans cannot use the Fan to Fan resale unless they have a Canadian bank. This has been confirmed by TM. There is no way to resell the tickets through them. 

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,115
    I saw a post in another thread where someone called 10 club to let them know about it, and they said they were aware, and were trying to work something out to get that problem fixed.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    Thanks. I sent a note in. Did not call. It is a huge problem. Currently, the only options I have for these tickets is to A) sell them on the scalper market (and walk in with the people because I cannot transfer them) or eat the tickets. This is NOT what PJ wants.

• Options
    pjfansincetenpjfansinceten Santa Monica, CA Posts: 107
    this sucks.  I hope it gets resolved soon.
    91 - 11/22 Detroit (opening for RHCP)
    98 - 7/14 Los Angeles Forum (missed Tenacious D)
    00 - 8/24 Jones Beach, 10/24 Los Angeles Greek (can't find a Better Van!), 25 San Diego & 28 San Bernadino (Glen Helen)
    03 - 6/2 & 3 Irvine, 5 San Diego, 6 Las Vegas MGM (10th Annivesary), 7 Phoenix
    05 - 9/2 Vancouver
    06 - 7/9 & 10 Los Angeles, 12 Hollywood (Fonda Theatre, it's a Worldwide Suicide), 15 & 16 San Francisco
    08 - 7/12 The Who Tribute at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion! (Love, Reign o'er me! with orchestra)
    09 - 8/23 & 24 Chicago United Center, 9/26 Portland, 9/30, 10/1, 6 & 7 Universal City Amphiteatre, 9 San Diego (2nd row)
    10 - 5/20 & 21 MSG, 10/23 Bridge School
    12 - 6/20 & 21 Manchester, UK
    13 - 11/19 Phoenix, 21 San Diego, 23 & 24 Los Angeles, 12/6 Seattle (finally)!
    14 - 10/16 Detroit, 20 Milwaukee (YIELDED), 22 Denver
    16 - 8/20 Wrigley #1
    18 - 8/18 Wrigley #1 (40th show!), 8/20 Wrigley #2
  • Options
    I have same problem, I'm in Toronto and have pair for Phoenix that Ticketmaster won't let me list because I don't have US bank account. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    I don't get this. I know it's not the same scenario but when I try to sell.. a Canadian show in Canada...I see an option to enter a Canadian bank account or US credit or debit cards for my refund / pay out. Has anyone tried flipping between ticketmaster.ca and .com just to see if they error is removed. It "should" be loading the same site / codebase but they might have checks in there for domain name. At minimum you should still be able to get a refund and they just drop tickets back anyway. I know some people have called and had success...and others have been denied. As usual TM support is inconsistent so try again and maybe ask to speak to a manager. Don't use chat.
  • Options
    I have an extra pair for QBC. I went to list them on the new TM site. It does not work. 

I suspect it has something to do with the exchange rate but TM forces me to a specific price (set by PJ, I believe) but TM won't let me list the tickets because the price is too low. It appears that the system is broken. Has anyone else tried to list tickets through this system and, if so, were you able to? I can't sell these out side the system nor do I want to make money. This looks like a flaw in the system to me.

UPDATE - Turns out this is not a pricing issue. The issue is that the TM Fan to Fan resale functionality requires a bank account in the same country as the venue. Since I do not have a Canadian bank account, I cannot resell the tickets. The system is broken and neither TM nor PJ told us this. It wasn't until I spoke to someone that I learned it. It is hidden on an FAQ page on the Canadian TM site but was not part of the workflow of purchasing the tickets.
    Where are the seats located? I'm ISO a better pair then what I have. 
  • Options
    EV4PREZ said:

Where are the seats located? I'm ISO a better pair then what I have. 
    Section 110, row NN.....lower bowl 2/3 of the way back on the side.

• Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    US users are listing tickets for Canadian shows...at least mentioned on FB groups that you should keep trying to enter your US credit / debit card info. Doing it on Desktop vs phone might be required / easier as well.
  • Options
    euchrid said:
    US users are listing tickets for Canadian shows...at least mentioned on FB groups that you should keep trying to enter your US credit / debit card info. Doing it on Desktop vs phone might be required / easier as well.
    Thanks for the tip. It has rejected US bank info at least 6 times so far. Using desktop. Appreciate the thought, though.

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    So, I was in the same boat as you (and many others, there was a thread on the Porch).  I was able to list my this weekend but I had to use the app on my phone to do it.  Now, I still haven't been paid.  But I got an email saying my tickets were sold (they still show up in my account, but the sell button is grayed out).  TM said that I would receive a further email if my bank account wasn't verified, which I haven't received.  They said to give a week or so for payment, so I'm going to wait at least until this weekend before I get too nervous.

Try the app on your phone and see what happens.  
  • Options
    So, I was in the same boat as you (and many others, there was a thread on the Porch).  I was able to list my this weekend but I had to use the app on my phone to do it.  Now, I still haven't been paid.  But I got an email saying my tickets were sold (they still show up in my account, but the sell button is grayed out).  TM said that I would receive a further email if my bank account wasn't verified, which I haven't received.  They said to give a week or so for payment, so I'm going to wait at least until this weekend before I get too nervous.

Try the app on your phone and see what happens.  
    Tried it on the phone....says Listing Pending. Thanks for the tip, we'll see what happens.

• Options
    Says they are sold but they have to verify the bank account still. Not sure what will happen when they see it's a US bank.

• Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    having the same issue but other way around....have Oakland tickets but I'm a Canadian

TM is the absolute worst...they have basically told me too bad. That I should get an American bank account ... brutal 

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    You can probably use your phone to sell the tickets. However, once you do so, TM will send you a note saying you need to "fix" your bank info. Not sure what they will say when I tell them my bank info is correct. They have now collected money for these tickets and have no way to send it to me. 

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    I never received a note from TM saying my bank info wasn't OK.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.  And if ultimately they have to tell some poor soul who thinks they scored really good tickets that they actually didn't.  I already asked TM about just giving me TM credit and they said no.  Are they just going to hold my money hostage? lol
  • Options
    I never received a note from TM saying my bank info wasn't OK.  I'm interested to see how this plays out.  And if ultimately they have to tell some poor soul who thinks they scored really good tickets that they actually didn't.  I already asked TM about just giving me TM credit and they said no.  Are they just going to hold my money hostage? lol
    That is absolutely going to be the next step. They have received money. What are they going to do with it? I fully expect them to say "open a bank account in Canada" which is a nonsense response.