Options

Loss of PJ membership due to scalping

DZ153527DZ153527 Hoverin' just above your bed Posts: 26
So, scored seats for MSG and Denver.  Ended up only able to use one set.  Sold the set I couldn't use to someone on this forum.  At face value.  Now I see them listed for big bucks.  Someone profitizing on my lotto win and duping me.  How will 10c know it was not me who is scalping and is someone I sold to at face.

29 shows and counting

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Shoot them an email and include a link to the sale. Let them know crystal clearly that it is not you selling the tickets.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DZ153527DZ153527 Hoverin' just above your bed Posts: 26
    JimmyV said:
    Shoot them an email and include a link to the sale. Let them know crystal clearly that it is not you selling the tickets.
    Thx JimmyV,
    My tenue got me BBB 2ndRow center in Denver.  I wouldn't want this MSG buying douche to cost me my tenure.  Lost it 1x by lapsing in 98-2003 due to finances.  

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    If you messaged them on this forum, you should be able to show them that. Ideally they would invalidate the tickets to screw this guy over.
  • Options
    If you're concerned about 10c invalidating your membership, that won't happen - they have little recourse to determine all the 10c seats are are going on the secondary market in NYC & Denver.  if you want to screw the guy over, that's a different story.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Yeah, if you sold to someone for face value and then they do something with then you shouldn’t be in trouble.    Sucks, but this stuff happens.  Karma will get these people.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    If they bought them from you for face and turned around and marked up for resale
    ....fuck yeah drop the dime on them.
    Here, to 10c, wherever.  That is messed up.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    If they bought them from you for face and turned around and marked up for resale
    I second the above...
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,022
    myoung321 said:
    I second the above...
    I third it!! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,242
    That’s fucked up

hope they encounter a kangaroo in life & the roo gives em a swift kick to the nuts

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,067
    Are the tickets even able to be transferred yet? I thought they couldn’t be transferred until a few days before show time. If you didn’t transfer them, then rescind on your offer of them to him/her.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,242
    Are the tickets even able to be transferred yet? I thought they couldn’t be transferred until a few days before show time. If you didn’t transfer them, then rescind on your offer of them to him/her.  
    Hmmmmmm that would be a sick burn

fuck this clown 

let me have em :) fuckin still looking

• Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    So I'm curious how you sold 10C tickets?  Was it through the F2F?  No way you can be faulted for that.  But an email to 10c makes sense.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,022
    CJ260717 said:
    So I'm curious how you sold 10C tickets?  Was it through the F2F?  No way you can be faulted for that.  But an email to 10c makes sense.
    NY & Colorado tickets have to be transferable by law. Goes for any event. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Please let us know what happens with this. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    Take the tickets back and refund the purchase if you can
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    edited February 2020
    ^^^This. Sounds like your MSG pair are 10C and the tickets can’t be transferred until March 27th.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,851
    They are not available until Mar 27th. You can transfer them right now though.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    PJNB said:
    They are not available until Mar 27th. You can transfer them right now though.
    Gotcha. My mistake.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Contact 10C with both the info you have as well as if you saved any of the texting/PM convos.

If you let 10C know clearly what happened and have evidence to back it up I am sure action would be taken
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,232
    edited February 2020
    If what you're saying is true, I'd say it's your duty to call this person out here in the forum. There's no legitimate reason anyone could give to justify doing something like this to another fan, on the official fan club forum no less! Whoever this person is, they should be publicly shamed and their membership revoked, period. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    I’d contact the Attorney General that is looking into this whole annual single caper.  This is right up his alley. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited February 2020
    If what you're saying is true, I'd say it's your duty to call this person out here in the forum. There's no legitimate reason anyone could give to justify doing something like this to another fan, on the official fan club forum no less! Whoever this person is, they should be publicly shamed and their membership revoked, period. 
    You know, I would tread lightly with this suggestion.  I absolutely get what you are saying and I agree with you.  However, any time I have encountered people calling other people out on the forum for such behavior, threads have gotten closed, OPs have been banned (not permaban as I recall) and OP was just trying to warn others.  I would think that if the OP decided to out that individual by PM, that would be the safer route.  At this point, I know that their big concern is that they don't get banned because some asshat decided to take advantage of their kindness.  Not that this person doesn't at least deserve a virtual ass beating, it could result in thread/PM bullying which I know that the mods will not tolerate.  

OP, I would suggest going to 10c and if they say they won't shut you down for outing the offender, I say have at it-- reasonably.  I just don't see it flying though.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,851
    edited February 2020
    I would like to add a couple of things. I am in no way condoning this and think its disgusting if this person took advantage of a 10C member who was trying to help them out and made a profit off of their generosity. 

We do not know that the person that he sold the tickets to was the one who is scalping them. All that person has to say is they sold it for face too. This ticket could have passed hands 5 times now. Unlikely but still could happen.  

10C, I would assume, can do nothing about this. The tickets are in hand and easily transferable. State Laws allow for them to do just as they are doing. Look at all of the GA for Denver and NY on Stubhub. If they were able to do something they would have started there I would imagine. Going forward now that people know they can game the system I would expect things to be even harder to get tickets for those two states unfortunately. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I would like to add a couple of things. I am in no way condoning this and think its disgusting if this person took advantage of a 10C member who was trying to help them out and made a profit off of their generosity. 

We do not know that the person that he sold the tickets to was the one who is scalping them. All that person has to say is they sold it for face too. This ticket could have passed hands 5 times now. Unlikely but still could happen.  

10C, I would assume, can do nothing about this. The tickets are in hand and easily transferable. State Laws allow for them to do just as they are doing. Look at all of the GA for Denver and NY on Stubhub. If they were able to do something they would have started there I would imagine. Going forward now that people know they can game the system I would expect things to be even harder to get tickets for those two states unfortunately. 
    So very true.  Thank you for bringing this up.  I hadn't considered that as an option. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

True we don’t know if if the same member is scalping them. But if I wasn’t able to use the tickets I would let them know or offer it back to them, but that’s just me. I also wonder how OP knew the tickets posted were theirs. Stubhub usually just shows row numbers and not exact seats
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,197
    It isn’t cool what this person did, but it’s also not illegal so I can’t see you taking responsibility. The biggest assholes in this situation are NY and CO for allowing it.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    At least, out them so they don't take advantage of other members.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,232
    deadendp said:
    You know, I would tread lightly with this suggestion.  I absolutely get what you are saying and I agree with you.  However, any time I have encountered people calling other people out on the forum for such behavior, threads have gotten closed, OPs have been banned (not permaban as I recall) and OP was just trying to warn others.  I would think that if the OP decided to out that individual by PM, that would be the safer route.  At this point, I know that their big concern is that they don't get banned because some asshat decided to take advantage of their kindness.  Not that this person doesn't at least deserve a virtual ass beating, it could result in thread/PM bullying which I know that the mods will not tolerate.  

OP, I would suggest going to 10c and if they say they won't shut you down for outing the offender, I say have at it-- reasonably.  I just don't see it flying though.
    After going back and reading the OP I can see he didn't specifically mention whether or not these tickets were originally secured through the 10c lottery or the TM general sale, so I'll reserve judgement until that part is clarified. 

However, if these are 10c tickets and someone intentionally purchased them with the intent to resell on the secondary market, then I fully stand behind my comments. And what I mean by publicly shaming them is just simply "outing' them here on the board.  
  • Options
    TenakaTenaka Montreal, QC, Canada Posts: 96
    I’d see what 10c does about it first. If they do nothing, then I’d name them so others don’t go through this. Of course, I’d encourage everyone not to bully this person as well
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • Options
    Yeah, if you sold to someone for face value and then they do something with then you shouldn’t be in trouble.    Sucks, but this stuff happens.  Karma will get these people.
    Not if Karma is a capitalist.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all