Options

Official "I'm about to release tickets" thread

Comments

• Options
    sharilyn77sharilyn77 Southern Illinois Posts: 9
    joseph33 said:
    Looking for a St. Louis single. Dm me if you have one.
    Sorry I forgot to reply! I'm looking for a single too. If I find a decent pair I'll let you know.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,088
    chipvitt said:
    Just posted 2 GA for Baltimore
    I don't understand why people just release their tickets like this. These could end up in the hands of scalpers. Why not at least give some advance notuce or try to coordinate with someone that is looking so we can try for them???  What good does it do to announce that you just posted some really good tickets? by the time we get to read your message they are already gone!!!
  • Options
    Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    chipvitt said:
    I don't understand why people just release their tickets like this. These could end up in the hands of scalpers. Why not at least give some advance notuce or try to coordinate with someone that is looking so we can try for them???  What good does it do to announce that you just posted some really good tickets? by the time we get to read your message they are already gone!!!
    These tickets can't be scalped.......they can only be sold on the F2F site. Another fan got them.
  • Options
    chipvitt said:
    These tickets can't be scalped.......they can only be sold on the F2F site. Another fan got them.
     That is not correct...scalpers are selling ticketmaster account logins with the tickets in the account
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,451
    chipvitt said:
    There's a pair of GA B'more on ebay for $3,600, so theoretically they could be scalped
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    chipvitt said:
     That is not correct...scalpers are selling ticketmaster account logins with the tickets in the account
    My Guess is TM could figure out accounts are fake and close them down and recirculate the tickets.. BUT ... Somehow i doubt it.. why I think that if you have tickets to a show you cant attend and you trust someone with your login that will work fine

• Options
    TenakaTenaka Montreal, QC, Canada Posts: 96
    chipvitt said:
    My Guess is TM could figure out accounts are fake and close them down and recirculate the tickets.. BUT ... Somehow i doubt it.. why I think that if you have tickets to a show you cant attend and you trust someone with your login that will work fine

That would be cool. and doable, I had some thoughts on how to do it, but I don't think TM cares that much.
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • Options
    chipvitt said:
    Yes that could happen. Anyone that bought tickets that way is an idiot since the owner of the account could always lock them out and resell. There is one pair on ebay, but considering there are like 13,000 tickets I'd say that's it most likely it's not happening
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,451
    edited March 2020
    chipvitt said:
    Yes that could happen. Anyone that bought tickets that way is an idiot since the owner of the account could always lock them out and resell. There is one pair on ebay, but considering there are like 13,000 tickets I'd say that's it most likely it's not happening
    There are hundreds of tickets for the tour listed on ebay and various resale sites. If the owner of the account locks you out, they wouldn't get paid. 
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 471
    Looking for MSG (live in NY) or Balt... pls PM me! 
  • Options
    chipvitt said:
    Don't be so naive. It is happening, a lot.  I messaged a seller on eBay and they would give me access to the email account too.  I am tempted to buy some on eBay and get the account info and then after the show request a refund through pay pal since pay pal seller protection does not cover digital items.  If you read some of these listings on eBay the smart sellers are telling you they will mail you the log in info so they have mailed you a physical item and then they have tracking info to get around this.
  • Options
    chipvitt said:
    Don't be so naive. It is happening, a lot.  I messaged a seller on eBay and they would give me access to the email account too.  I am tempted to buy some on eBay and get the account info and then after the show request a refund through pay pal since pay pal seller protection does not cover digital items.  If you read some of these listings on eBay the smart sellers are telling you they will mail you the log in info so they have mailed you a physical item and then they have tracking info to get around this.
    I guess I don't feel like I'm being naive, maybe I just don't care enough. I know who got those GA tickets so I guess that's why I don't feel the same as you. Scalpers will always find a why to do what they need to do. I'll say that I feel like less are being scalped this way then they would have been otherwise. Good luck on your search 
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    I wonder if TM could limit one account per phone number.. And phone number verification needed. It says your phone is your ticket shouldn't it tie to the number not the email?  When the tickets become active you get a txt to verify. Scalpers wont have 100s of numbers right ?
  • Options
    Anyone dropping TO GA, let us know please
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    Anyone dropping TO GA, let us know please
    I've seen no forewarning for any of the TO GA that have dropped....and I've been scouring! Love to find some...
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Does anyone have any extra Quebec tickets?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    Pats16 said:
    @mcgruff10
  • Options
    Brooks1996Brooks1996 North Carolina Posts: 6
    I am going to be posting two upper level tickets for St. Louis at 3:45 EST. Section 302, Row H. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Pats16 said:
    I'll be the smart ass....TM does. Very decent singles in 100 level (some not far apart) and plenty of pairs higher up - good 200 for eg. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    No worries jb....there are three of us and I'm trying to find a nice pair plus I can scrounge a single somewhere.  After spending weeks trying to get MSG tix, I will be happy to see a show.  :>)
  • Options
    Pats16 said:
    No worries jb....there are three of us and I'm trying to find a nice pair plus I can scrounge a single somewhere.  After spending weeks trying to get MSG tix, I will be happy to see a show.  :>)
    If were me - i'd grab 3 now in 215 (first row of the section) available now, and keep hunting the F2F for an upgrade. I suppose risk wouldn't be able to resell with low demand there; i guess depends how much that matters to you. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    I will check it out...thanks!
  • Options
    TenakaTenaka Montreal, QC, Canada Posts: 96
    Pats16 said:
    I will check it out...thanks!
    If you don't have the extra cash, or are afraid you won't be able to re-sell if you do find an upgrade... just wait it out. Plenty of tickets for Quebec still and there is a lot of people trying to re-sell (loads of tickets got posted yesterday and are still there)
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    Sec 108 R Nash are up
  • Options
    After contemplating dropping four digits for MSG, the thought of only paying 2x for great seats is definitely doable!!  Agreed, tons of seats now and I guess I'm being a little greedy. :>) 
  • Options
    Sec 301 Q Nash going up at 7:10 EST

2013 Charlotte, 2016 Greenville, 2016 Columbia, 2016 MSG1, 2018 Barcelona, 2018 Seattle2

• Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195
    Just posted 2 awesome Toronto and 2 awesome Quebec seats. 

I’m crushed. Work restrictions on travel due to Coronavirus caused me to have to give them up. Had been looking forward to this immeasurably. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Argh... can we get more notice :(
  • Options
    jjm33 said:
    Just posted 2 awesome Toronto and 2 awesome Quebec seats. 

I’m crushed. Work restrictions on travel due to Coronavirus caused me to have to give them up. Had been looking forward to this immeasurably. 
    saw the TO while F5'n....failed again. I REALLY REALLY would have liked those. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    e360727e360727 Posts: 78
    At 10pm eastern, I will release 2 tickets for Nashville, Section 332 row H 
This discussion has been closed.