Options

Pearl Jam's Gigaton in Dolby Atmos - A Truly Unique Listening Experience .. Postponed

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,866
    so are these showings going to get cancelled too?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    Maybe when they start cancelling regular movie theater showings.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,471
    I don't believe they control that. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    true enough. it just seems weird to cancel a tour because of the concern of avoiding large crowds but then you can have an Outbreak scenario in real life and have it go ahead. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    @demetrios
    Thanks for the heads up! Got my tickets for Chinook in Calgary! 

Won’t make up for the three spring shows I’m not going to but it will be a fun night out with my lovely wife. Got great seats too. Cheers! 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,471
    igotid88 said:
    true enough. it just seems weird to cancel a tour because of the concern of avoiding large crowds but then you can have an Outbreak scenario in real life and have it go ahead. 
    Yea. But not a lot of people are travelling from other countries to watch a movie. Right now there's discussions about playing NBA and NHL games with empty arenas
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    @demetrios

Won’t make up for the three spring shows I’m not going to but it will be a fun night out with my lovely wife. Got great seats too. Cheers! 
    did my buddy buy your st paul poster?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Yea. But not a lot of people are travelling from other countries to watch a movie. Right now there's discussions about playing NBA and NHL games with empty arenas
    yeah, haha, i get that. it just seems that it's not all about international travel, but also local event activity. anyway, doesn't matter much. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    @demetrios

He did 👍. 
    Poster is on the way. Mailed yesterday. Thanks for hooking us up. Glad it went to a fellow attendee! 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021
    @demetrios

You're welcome. :)

We had planned to travel to Montreal after Hamilton to catch the film (scored tickets yesterday afternoon), but had to cancel it. There are no Cineplex theatres in Atlantic Canada showing this. We are pretty sad here. :(   
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,952
    Assuming I'll still be able to get into London, I'm going to the Leicester Sq showing.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options

• Options
    This is just plain weird
    Is it though? Didn’t Ed premier the album at a Dolby theater to insiders. Maybe he digs the sound and wants us to be able to experience the record that way.
    Oh- I don’t mean that it’s weird that he wants people to hear it in Atmos sound, that makes sense. It’s weird to me to pay to go to a movie theater to listen to an album though.  Put me in a dance hall with Atmos sound, serve drinks, have a party. sure I could do that.  Sit in a dark movie theater for an hour and listen to an album though, no thanks.
    I hear ya Kid! But I can't pass it up...
  • Options
    @demetrios

He did 👍. 
    Poster is on the way. Mailed yesterday. Thanks for hooking us up. Glad it went to a fellow attendee! 
    awesome. we just recently found out we were both at that show. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    demetrios said:

Why did you get a refund for your Cinema/Cineplex-Ticket? 
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    demetrios said:

Why did you get a refund for your Cinema/Cineplex-Ticket? 

Cause now I won't be in Montreal. We planned to stay in Montreal on the 25th, the day after Pearl Jam's Hamilton show. Instead of driving 18 hours to come home we planned to make a pit stop there for the night. From my place it's a 12 hour drive. Closest drive to see that movie in theatres, as there are no Dolby Atmos theatres in Atlantic Canada. So we cancelled. :(
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    That’s sad 😞. Fingers crossed for more Screenings! 
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,140
  • Options

Pearl Jam: Gigaton Listening Experience in Dolby Atmos

Announcing the Gigaton Listening Experience from Pearl Jam and Abramorama in Dolby Atmos.

This 3D sound system is still new to the consumer market, giving you a unique opportunity to hear the album in a completely different way. 

The Gigaton Listening Experience will be enhanced with a choice set of visuals curated and created by Evolve, the filmmaker and artist behind the music video for the first single “Dance of the Clairvoyants.”

GET TICKETS
  • Options
    dobybluedobyblue Posts: 63
    "Since this 3D sound system is still new to the consumer market"

This object-based sound system is "still new", it's only been out in the consumer market since October 2015, lol. Theatrically since June 22 2012 (Brave).
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    @demetrios

You're welcome. :)

We had planned to travel to Montreal after Hamilton to catch the film (scored tickets yesterday afternoon), but had to cancel it. There are no Cineplex theatres in Atlantic Canada showing this. We are pretty sad here. :(   
    Fack! 
    Goes from bad to worse. Keep your chin up my friend.  Concerts will be rescheduled and the band will BRING IT. 
  • Options
    dobybluedobyblue Posts: 63
    igotid88 said:
    bazzer said:
    Will this really be that cool? I guess it's playing here (New Zealand) first, so that's kind of neat but I feel like maybe I've already spent enough on this album...
    It's about hearing it in the sound system it was recorded in mostly. I don't know what the other 20 or so minutes will be

It was recorded to mono multitracks, there is no such thing as "recording an album in Atmos" - the mixing comes after the recording. They would have taken the multitracks and mixed a stereo version and an object-based version using Atmos. The "recorded in Atmos" likely comes from a poor translation from an article written in another language.
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 483
    Not sure if it's anywhere else, but PHX just added two more theaters for the Gigaton Dolby Atmos. Sorry if this is old news, new to me!! 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,982
    Drdeal said:
    Neshaminy is North Philly in Bensalem. So that's another Philly Option.

going to the Collegeville screening (about half hour from me). Last i saw there were only seats like in the first and second row available.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Still a few day's to get Atmos installed in Atlantic Canada Cineplex theatres to show this.

• Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,140

igotid88 said:
    It's about hearing it in the sound system it was recorded in mostly. I don't know what the other 20 or so minutes will be
    The other 20 minutes are probably movie trailers... they will have us captive in a movie theater after all. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,338
    Drdeal said:
    Neshaminy is North Philly in Bensalem. So that's another Philly Option.

going to the Collegeville screening (about half hour from me). Last i saw there were only seats like in the first and second row available.

We are going to the Collegeville one too. We were going away but postponed the trip. I don't really care about sitting up close because it's not like we are watching a movie or something. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    The German shows are on sale now! Anyone going in Hamburg?
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,017
    Wish they would add more theaters.  Closest showing near me is over an hour away. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    IdlewildIdlewild London, England Posts: 173
    There’s a second screening in London at 9:45 if u are interested https://www.myvue.com/book-tickets/summary/10030/999611/221809#
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018