MSG show 3/30 warning!

So, as most of us know high demand shows attract many "scammers." This show in particular is a bit different, I have truly never seen anything like it. If you're like me, you didn't get tickets through 10c lotto and couldn't get any on pre or public sale. So what now? Well, we are still going to the fuckin' show, yeah? So StubHub and other sites prices are completely outrageous. If you buy tickets from someone, here is a bit of a "guide" to detect a scammer. They are everywhere. Every social media platform, craigslist, blah blah.

So first off, if they dont accept PayPal, just don't do it. I REPEAT, ONLY PAY WITH PAYPAL. This isn't a guarantee, though. If the seller asks you to select "friends and family" as reason for paying, you are likely being scammed. PAYPAL ONLY GUARANTEES MONEY IF YOU SELECT "GOODS AND SERVICES" as reason for payment. If this even helps 1 fellow fan, it was worth it. Stay safe everyone! We will get our tickets, just be patient.

"I Will Scream My Lungs Out Til' It Fills This Room" 🤙🤙

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    Just curious, what protection does a seller have with PayPal? What prevents someone from enjoying the show then saying they were bad tickets and want a refund with PayPal? Or with a poster, etc?
  • coreypjfancoreypjfan Posts: 82
    edited February 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Just curious, what protection does a seller have with PayPal? What prevents someone from enjoying the show then saying they were bad tickets and want a refund with PayPal? Or with a poster, etc?
    Like a bank, they would investigate the situation and determine if fraud has occurred or not. I suppose(as always) there are definitely people out there trying to play the system. 
    Post edited by coreypjfan on
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,011
    We support face value only here. 

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange
    For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18, 2020. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

This discussion has been closed.