"Why Pearl Jam" A primer for new fans

Hello All 

So, my little sister(17 years old) is going to her first Pearl Jam show this year(as I'm sure may other new fans are as well)

I'm thinking I may even be just a tad more excited than she is !  She's a fan, mostly through my influence but hasn't really dived deep into the band, all the history, the live experience and the community etc etc..

So, instead of me nerding out for hours on end, I thought I would enlist all of you to help explain "Why Pearl Jam"

I'd like to think of this thread as a scrapbook of sorts... for new fans. To try and capture the overall connection that makes up this community of band and fans..

So, "Why Pearl Jam " ?

Feel free to post any or all of the following:

videos that you think showcase the live experience throughout the years...

What you think sets the live shows apart and why so may people travel to so many shows..

Points of interest in history that you think defines them as a band. Decisions they've made, both on and off the stage. Social causes etc... best articles, interviews, favorite online sources of band info...

Your personal experience as a fan; what have they meant to you. What drew you in and keeps you around. How long have you been a fan ? Favorite songs and lyrics ?Friendships you made or experiences through being a fan ? Shows you've been to. Favorite shows etc,etc,etc...

Or anything else you would like to share...

Why is this the best community and band in Rock music ???