I f*cking love this...

KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
Band.

It took 29 years, but they have now surpassed The Beatles for me. 

Bittersweet. But joyful. 

Rock on Ed, Matt, Mike, Stone and Jeff. I'm not religious, but God bless you. 
I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.

Comments

• KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    I’ll give the beatles the edge on this one, as I’m sure 99% of the general public ( including band members) would.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    KN219077 said:
    I’ll give the beatles the edge on this one, as I’m sure 99% of the general public ( including band members) would.
    The Beatles are overrated. Yes I believe that. Just because they did a lot of stuff first doesn’t make them the greatest.  And commence the ripping me in 5,4,3,...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    pjhawks said:
    KN219077 said:
    The Beatles are overrated. Yes I believe that. Just because they did a lot of stuff first doesn’t make them the greatest.  And commence the ripping me in 5,4,3,...
    I actually agree. Biggest over rated band of all time. 
    That doesn’t mean they suck, they were great. I just wouldn’t put them on every single #1 of all time list. Hence they are over rated.
  • pjhawks said:
    KN219077 said:
    Oooh, edgy! 😯
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Is this the Beatles thread? Hey Pearl Jam, cover this, mmkay?

https://youtu.be/wQA59IkCF5I
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I fucking LOVE the Beatles. And Tool.

Love PJ for all the people I’ve met, the music’s thoughtfulness, and experiences. 

And rocking the fuck out. 
  • pjhawks said:
    KN219077 said:
    I agree wholeheartedly. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    mace1229 said:
    pjhawks said:
    KN219077 said:
    That doesn’t mean they suck, they were great. I just wouldn’t put them on every single #1 of all time list. Hence they are over rated.
    You said it better than I did. This is my thought process as well
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Still love the Beatles...didn't mean to start a bash thread. Just saying PJ have won....was meant as a praise thread. Carry on
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    I love each of the bands mentioned on this thread ... and they all changed over time ... and I love that about them.  Love love love.

Also, i'm drunk.
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Discopij said:
    I love each of the bands mentioned on this thread ... and they all changed over time ... and I love that about them.  Love love love.

Also, i'm drunk.
    Me too, hence this thread
  • pjhawks said:
    KN219077 said:
    I dont think the Beatles were over rated but they were the first of their kind, the first big band that wasnt a one trick pony. They were diverse and willing to push boundaries. Pearl Jam are almost like a modern day Beatles because there isnt a specific 'Pearl Jam sound' because they are so diverse which is something that the Beatles paved the path forp
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    mace1229 said:
    pjhawks said:
    KN219077 said:

Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited February 2020
    JimmyV said:
    mace1229 said:
    pjhawks said:
    KN219077 said:

Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time.
    Agree completely.  In the classic "Stones vs. Beatles" argument I prefer the Stones, but how The Beatles continue to be an influence in every generation really says a lot about the overall impact of their music. Zeppelin is up there with both bands as well.

From the early - mid '90's movement the bands that remain from my/our (?) generation are really the crème da la crème in my personal assessment. I miss a couple of them, but we do have some great albums. :wink:
    Post edited by erocshifty on
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 

• You can be overated and the greatest of all time....you can also be the greatest at something and still not be very good.
  • I think it is an exciting time to be a Pearl Jam fan!  Feels like a state of dormancy has ended, and I'm really digging what they're broadcasting!
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    you can also be the greatest at something and still not be very good.
    So... nobody is very good then?

• joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    All you need is love.
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 1,011
    it really boggles my mind people argue about top 10 lists. so the hell what. listen to what you want
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Yea Pearl Jam is my Beatles. Been for a long time now
    I miss igotid88
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    the beatles were it. nothing like them and most likely nothing like them again. you have got to be kidding me. it wasn't because they did stuff first. they were and still are incredible. great for pj. but 4 geniuses in one band. i have never seen mania like that again. maybe michael jackson. no one would have come up with what they came up with.  pearl jam may be your beatles which is great and in some ways they are mine too, but sorry pure musical genius of the beatles will most likely never be surpassed in rock music. 
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    KV4053 said:
    Band.

It took 29 years, but they have now surpassed The Beatles for me. 

Bittersweet. But joyful. 

Rock on Ed, Matt, Mike, Stone and Jeff. I'm not religious, but God bless you. 
    Yes, I really like Dance of the Clairvoyants too! 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    KN219077 said:

Wooo, I'm in the 1%!

I respect the Beatles, just never been a very big fan.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    You can be overated and the greatest of all time....you can also be the greatest at something and still not be very good.
    Exactly.   Was just going to say that if someone had to be #1, who else would it be that has influenced as many people and had as many fans around the world?   No one.  The Rolling Stones aren't even close.  Led Zeppelin is closer but didn't have the same mass appeal.