Safeco 2018 Home Shows

New episode featuring night 2 from
the Home Shows. We talk about how the band made this a homecoming show and paid tribute to the band’s early days (this is the ONLY LBolt era show with no song from the album played!) with tons of Ten and Vs era tracks as well as the amazing tribute to Cornell with Missing, a nod to MLB with Crown of Thorns and then inviting the Seattle crew on stage to play a few.

we also discuss whether this show is the beginning of the end of marathon-era Pearl Jam as they have reverted back to openers and may not have the same stamina for 35 song sets as they once did.

listen here:

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Bump for my friends 
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • I was lucky enough to be at this show. One of the highlights of my life. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Halfway through it right now and will finish it tonight. I will say that I do not think this is an end of an era for long shows. I think there will be less of them as they seem to have been trending that way in 2018 with the Euro shows as it was but who knows with a new album out it could very likely be 2013 all over again. If they are doing another leg in the fall however I bet we get an average of 28 songs a night which is fine imo. Great work and look forward to finishing the rest.
  • PJNB said:
    Halfway through it right now and will finish it tonight. I will say that I do not think this is an end of an era for long shows. I think there will be less of them as they seem to have been trending that way in 2018 with the Euro shows as it was but who knows with a new album out it could very likely be 2013 all over again. If they are doing another leg in the fall however I bet we get an average of 28 songs a night which is fine imo. Great work and look forward to finishing the rest.
    I think there is a chance the marathon shows get saved for big situations such as ballpark shows or maybe a popular venue like Hyde Park, but arena marathons are likely in the Rearview. Like you, I’m totally fine with 28, just make it a good 28.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    29-30 songs is the sweet spot, as long as they are good ones!