Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Haha, bots. Why would bots or scalpers be buying Tix that can't be resold openly for above face? 
    Because they can be https://www.ebay.com/sch/173634/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pearl+jam+tickets&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=10&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1
  • ajflicker said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Anyone seen anything for TO or Ham (or Ott better than still from public sale behind stage)?
    I have 2 Ottawa tickets to sell but keep getting an error every time I try to list them
    Ya me too. Been trying since 5:00 to offload my TO tix
    Good seats?

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Haha, bots. Why would bots or scalpers be buying Tix that can't be resold openly for above face? 
    They are creating TM accounts with emails that they just made up and selling them as a package. Very easy to do. No clue if bots are at play here. 
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    ajflicker said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Anyone seen anything for TO or Ham (or Ott better than still from public sale behind stage)?
    I have 2 Ottawa tickets to sell but keep getting an error every time I try to list them

Anyone in CAN trying to sell tix spoken to TM at all?
    I am not selling but trying to get an answer about a fix through chat. Based on typical TM customer service I do not have high hopes :)
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    I think you guys are missing the forest through the trees here.

There are no bots.  There are 5,000 people all trying to be the 1st one to hit buy now for 2 tickets every 10-12 minutes they pop up.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    Like a hundred dogs all going for one piece of meat
    I would take a secondary market at market prices over whatever the hell this is every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I can't understand how anyone could possibly like this.
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    ajflicker said:
    ajflicker said:
    Gonzo1977 said:
    Good seats?

Ha, I'm few rows in front of that.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    Saltzy23 said:
    I think you guys are missing the forest through the trees here.

There are no bots.  There are 5,000 people all trying to be the 1st one to hit buy now for 2 tickets every 10-12 minutes they pop up.
    No doubt there are a million non-bots trying, but you don't know that there aren't bots.
  • mpar17mpar17 Posts: 165
    10 minutes of telling me that my order is being verified and then DARN someone else beat me to it. How frustrating. 
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • I had good STL tickets in my cart, up to the complete purchase step 3 times, only to be told each time that someone else best me to them
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Saltzy23 said:
    I would take a secondary market at market prices over whatever the hell this is every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

I can't understand how anyone could possibly like this.
    Refreshing to try and buy other peoples scraps?  Yah I suppose that's annoying.

It's a symptom of something good.  PJ got these tickets into the hands of fans the first time around.   Most of them seem to have been bought by people who wanted to go.   Thus there's not even that many for people sell unwanted tickets.    The whole thing was to get tickets in the fans, out of resellers, and have the majority of the venue be fans who bought them from the primary market at face value.

I think it's a success.   It still doesn't mean that more people want tickets than can fit in the venue.    Overall I think it's amazing what they pulled off.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    There are a ton of tix available for OKC 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    It really should give the 1st person to get the listing in their cart 2 mins to buy them or something.

It's crazy that it's the 1st one to hit Buy Now apparently.

• joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    mpar17 said:
    10 minutes of telling me that my order is being verified and then DARN someone else beat me to it. How frustrating. 
    For a GA....oh I know my friend...I know. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    I had good STL tickets in my cart, up to the complete purchase step 3 times, only to be told each time that someone else best me to them

Did you happen to see my Fenway  box seats in your cart?

#onlyhappenswithpearljam
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    D-Rod said:
    I'd go there if I were Given to Fly.
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    edited February 2020

Post edited by RobZ on
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• I had good STL tickets in my cart, up to the complete purchase step 3 times, only to be told each time that someone else best me to them

Did you happen to see my Fenway  box seats in your cart?

#onlyhappenswithpearljam
    Don't worry, those were probably obstructed.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    RobZ said:
    So Denver and NYC is out of this circus?...how do you dump a pair of NYC tix if you can't make the show, without losing your 10C membership?
    Transfer them to someone off the boards for face
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Baltimore is impossible for now. 
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    RobZ said:
    So Denver and NYC is out of this circus?...how do you dump a pair of NYC tix if you can't make the show, without losing your 10C membership?

Sell for face and just transfer the tickets NYC and Denver are the only 2 shows that this is possible.
  • sp1984sp1984 Posts: 140
    Determination - and me entertaining my mother-in-law before, during, and after dinner so my husband could keep refreshing the page - and SUCCESS! In the 300s, but in the arena, for St. Louis!! We had flights and hotel, just needed tickets. 

Now on to Baltimore...have a feeling we'll be rescheduling our Southwest flights and canceling our hotel. Not feeling so lucky about this show. 
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    edited February 2020

Transfer them to someone off the boards for face 
    Post edited by RobZ on
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• RobZ said:
    I looking for MSG along with all the other folks if you are selling lol 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • sp1984 said:
    Determination - and me entertaining my mother-in-law before, during, and after dinner
    Tap dance? Impressions?
  • D-Rod said:
    Let’s all get together and sell this thing out! Lol
  • sp1984 said:
    Determination - and me entertaining my mother-in-law before, during, and after dinner so my husband could keep refreshing the page - and SUCCESS! In the 300s, but in the arena, for St. Louis!! We had flights and hotel, just needed tickets. 

Now on to Baltimore...have a feeling we'll be rescheduling our Southwest flights and canceling our hotel. Not feeling so lucky about this show. 
    I think Baltimore might be a little easier to get the closer it gets to the show.... maybe.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Just lost the last Bmore drop. But was good practice.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    euchrid said:
    ajflicker said:
    Gonzo1977 said:

Anyone in CAN trying to sell tix spoken to TM at all?
    I am not selling but trying to get an answer about a fix through chat. Based on typical TM customer service I do not have high hopes :)
    So response from TM support about trying to list Canadian show tickets... was "just keep trying to list tickets for sale and it will eventually work". Amazing. Said they are aware of it and should start working "later"