Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Slow day for me only about 5 hours total. cant believe we are approaching day 11!!! Holy fuck this is brutal! def a rush sometimes. Like when you been clicking and clicking and it finally pops up. for me it's been a blast of different emotions all in the span of a few seconds.  panic,hope, the feeling of oh fuck I need to be fast...enter cc code and then sorry asshole too slow. it just sucks the life out of you and strangely gives you an interest to see which one of us got em.... happy for who won but are dying inside. Then you just keep pushing because deep down I/We truley  believe we are going to get them too. When that happens for me I will literally drop to my knees and cry because this has been a long long ride. I want to get off but not without the prize
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    edited February 2020
    Holy shit, 8 minutes after missing those SD BBB's I scored s pair in FFF!  Not quite as good but much better than what I had before!
    Post edited by korn-1 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Watching out for Toronto...
  • epbadger said:
    Slow day for me only about 5 hours total. cant believe we are approaching day 11!!! Holy fuck this is brutal! def a rush sometimes. Like when you been clicking and clicking and it finally pops up. for me it's been a blast of different emotions all in the span of a few seconds.  panic,hope, the feeling of oh fuck I need to be fast...enter cc code and then sorry asshole too slow. it just sucks the life out of you and strangely gives you an interest to see which one of us got em.... happy for who won but are dying inside. Then you just keep pushing because deep down I/We truley  believe we are going to get them too. When that happens for me I will literally drop to my knees and cry because this has been a long long ride. I want to get off but not without the prize
    You are not alone   :)
  • UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited February 2020
    Watching out for Toronto...
    Was a single just now
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Shoot...for some reason they are not coming up on my screen!!
  • I am hovering over each section and moving from section to section...
  • Somebody please drop a pair of MD tix. I'll sit on the roof if need be🙏🙏
  • another set in BBB just sold for SD WHo got em

korn-1 said:
    Holy shit, 8 minutes after missing those SD BBB's I scored s pair in FFF!  Not quite as good but much better than what I had before!

• RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    edited February 2020
    I can't tell you how many times I think about taking a Vitalogy seat in Oklahoma City for $1000.  Specifically section 106, row B, seat 18.  If it weren't for the airfare and hotel charges, I might do it.  I still cannot believe nobody local has taken it.
  • My success of the day.  Scored a 5.

edited February 2020
    another set in BBB just sold for SD WHo got em

korn-1 said:

Didnt even see them, crazy 3 floor pairs dropping so close it's been dead all day
    Post edited by korn-1 on

That's impressive. What was your score?! 🤣

My score was bad because I had to stop to get the screenshot before I clicked OK.

My score was bad because I had to stop to get the screenshot before I clicked OK.
    That's alright. I'm sure you'll get em' next time with a 97%
  • korn-1 said:

korn-1 said:

Didnt even see them, crazy 3 floor pairs dropping so close it's been dead all day
    I checked right after i saw your post of FFF, refreshed and and there... i tried to grab and poof
    korn-1 said:

korn-1 said:

I checked right after i saw your post of FFF, refreshed and and there... i tried to grab and poof
    You trying to upgrade or just get in the door?
  • Get this, I called corporate Ticketmaster and asked (after the 2nd time of getting to the "processing payment") what the issue was. The man from the corporate office said "the system thinks you are a robot, you have been refreshing since 12am est." This was on the 18th when noone had any clue when it was opening up , literally pulled an all night/all dater. When I asked him what the purpose of those tests are if they think I'm a bot anyway, he didn't have an answer. Weird, huh? 🤔 FML, thought I had tickets at least 10 times, 8 times to payment. I see now many have the same issue. We are all Guinea pigs.

• Get this, I called corporate Ticketmaster and asked (after the 2nd time of getting to the "processing payment") what the issue was. The man from the corporate office said "the system thinks you are a robot, you have been refreshing since 12am est." This was on the 18th when noone had any clue when it was opening up , literally pulled an all night/all dater. When I asked him what the purpose of those tests are if they think I'm a bot anyway, he didn't have an answer. Weird, huh? 🤔 FML, thought I had tickets at least 10 times, 8 times to payment. I see now many have the same issue. We are all Guinea pigs.

Was this on your computer or in the app?

Was this on your computer or in the app?
    First night computer, then the app. I strictly use the app now, but its very conflicting which is "better"
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    Get this, I called corporate Ticketmaster and asked (after the 2nd time of getting to the "processing payment") what the issue was. The man from the corporate office said "the system thinks you are a robot, you have been refreshing since 12am est." This was on the 18th when noone had any clue when it was opening up , literally pulled an all night/all dater. When I asked him what the purpose of those tests are if they think I'm a bot anyway, he didn't have an answer. Weird, huh? 🤔 FML, thought I had tickets at least 10 times, 8 times to payment. I see now many have the same issue. We are all Guinea pigs.

There is no way to be sure.  Others who got tickets refreshed as much as you.  I think they were just first and that is a semi generic answer from TM.  If you purchased a completely different event, I bet the transaction would go through.  
  • RF123172 said:
    Get this, I called corporate Ticketmaster and asked (after the 2nd time of getting to the "processing payment") what the issue was. The man from the corporate office said "the system thinks you are a robot, you have been refreshing since 12am est." This was on the 18th when noone had any clue when it was opening up , literally pulled an all night/all dater. When I asked him what the purpose of those tests are if they think I'm a bot anyway, he didn't have an answer. Weird, huh? 🤔 FML, thought I had tickets at least 10 times, 8 times to payment. I see now many have the same issue. We are all Guinea pigs.

There is no way to be sure.  Others who got tickets refreshed as much as you.  I think they were just first and that is a semi generic answer from TM.  If you purchased a completely different event, I bet the transaction would go through.  
    Tested and confirmed. I scooped up Oklahoma just to see. Transaction went through like butter. Immediately resold but had to see. There needs to be some kind of time limit if you are first to the tickets, no?
  • korn-1 said:
    korn-1 said:

korn-1 said:

You trying to upgrade or just get in the door?

In the Door... I only have tickets to OAK 1/2 - Looking for PHX and SD... PHX is first choice, but for floor BBB i would change plans
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    edited February 2020

Bro its fucking bullshit!!!  you forgot you mention if it doesnt ask you to do the fucking captcha for a while it freezes your screen when u do fucking finally get a chance to get tickets!... Put this shit on the same timer as all tickets are sold on. once you grab them and it puts you to check out they should be yours. Not if you can complete the purchase in less than 2 seconds....This is bullshit!!!
    Post edited by epbadger on
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited February 2020
    Bleck.  1st time I've had a chance to check in on this thread in few days. Was really hoping to see some of the Baltimore HOF F5 Crew figure it out by now.  Some of you guys are seriously incredible.  I can't get over the level of dedication.

Like many other people my "spectacular week" has now gone to complete dogshit.  I've lost more money this week than I have any week of my life with this stock market disaster.  It is what it is and there are certainly plenty of others in the same boat.  I am using the memory of landing the tickets I did last week to distract myself from even thinking about what a goddamn trainwreck my 401k is right now.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • coreypjfancoreypjfan Posts: 82
    edited February 2020
    epbadger said:

Bro its fucking bullshit!!!  you forgot you mention if it doesnt ask you to do the fucking captcha for a while it freezes your screen when u do fucking finally get a chance to get tickets!... Put this shit on the same timer as all tickets are sold on. once you grab them and it puts you to check out they should be yours. Not if you can complete the purchase in less than 2 seconds....c'mon this system is making is fucking Zombies
    I'm with you. A total shit show. There needs to be a better way. Even if they did something like wait until they have a little bit of an inventory and then release the tickets at a random time each day. The sellers could be guaranteed the money as soon as they release the tickets that day and they are bought. No one should know the time, just that they will be released at some point from 9-9 est. Something, idk, I'm just spit balling, but I agree, its bullshit. If you get the tickets first they should be held for at least 2 minutes
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    edited February 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    Bleck.  1st time I've had a chance to check in on this thread in few days. Was really hoping to see some of the Baltimore HOF F5 Crew figure it out by now.  Some of you guys are seriously incredible.  I can't get over the level of dedication.

Like many other people my "spectacular week" has now gone to complete dogshit.  I've lost more money this week than I have any week of my life with this stock market disaster.  It is what it is and there are certainly plenty of others in the same boat.  I am using the memory of landing the tickets I did last week to distract myself from even thinking about what a goddamn trainwreck my 401k is right now.
    Dude, don’t sell, that’s the only way to ensure a loss. Stay in and keep buying!  You can’t lose money you’re not gonna need for 20+ years unless you sell now.  I’ve seen too many people sell in a down market.
    Post edited by JB274988 on
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,501
    JB274988 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Dude, don’t sell, that’s the only way to ensure a loss. Stay in and keep buying!  You can’t lose money you’re not gonna need for 20+ years unless you sell now.  I’ve seen too many people sell in a down market.

and how much can it be possibly down now? Markets down less than 10 percent this week.. only back to where it was 5 months ago.    It's annoying but it's really catastrophic levels yet.. of which I wouldn't sell either.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    JB274988 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Yeah, I know.  I'm not touching anything and I understand that this is mostly likely just a market correction/global freak out over something that the fucking flu kills more people than, but sweet Jesus....checking my balance earlier was probably not a good idea.

Also, it's hard to bitch about something that literally millions of other people are dealing with too.

My deal is that I was just given a bonus payment that was 401k eligible and instead of reducing my deferral I let it ride.  That was on 2/6, so it's all basically been wiped out in a span of 3 fucking weeks, which just blows.

Whatever.  Shit happens.  
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,231
    epbadger said:

Bro its fucking bullshit!!!  you forgot you mention if it doesnt ask you to do the fucking captcha for a while it freezes your screen when u do fucking finally get a chance to get tickets!... Put this shit on the same timer as all tickets are sold on. once you grab them and it puts you to check out they should be yours. Not if you can complete the purchase in less than 2 seconds....c'mon this system is making is fucking Zombies
    I'm with you. A total shit show. There needs to be a better way. Even if they did something like wait until they have a little bit of an inventory and then release the tickets at a random time each day. The sellers could be guaranteed the money as soon as they release the tickets that day and they are bought. No one should know the time, just that they will be released at some point from 9-9 est. Something, idk, I'm just spit balling, but I agree, its bullshit. If you get the tickets first they should be held for at least 2 minutes

I'm with you, but, why should Ticketmaster care.  These tickets are getting sold no matter what, and they get nothing for the re-sale effort.  I am damn happy that they are even offering a face value ticket sale, but it seems like most people want to put restrictions on what they are doing.  Probably not likely, but I guess if you complain enough, they might try it your way.  I can't see 1 reason why, but also, why not?
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula