Options

Brian Wilson call for Beach Boys Boycott

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,731
I'm putting this in AMT because all things music does not seem like the right place for this low-life trashy act.

Brian Wilson Opposes Mike Love’s Beach Boys Show at Trophy Hunting Convention

Wilson points fans toward a Change.org petition that calls to boycott the Beach Boys until their performance is canceled

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    brianlux said:
     low-life trashy act.
    The boycott or the performance?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
     low-life trashy act.
    The boycott or the performance?

The reason for the boycott:
    Brian Wilson has denounced an upcoming performance by the group currently touring as the Beach Boys, led by former bandmate Mike Love, at Reno, Nevada’s Safari Club International Convention. “This organization supports trophy hunting, which both [bandmate Al Jardine] and I are emphatically opposed to,” Wilson wrote. He then pointed toward a Change.org petition that calls to boycott the Beach Boys’ music until the the performance is canceled.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don’t come across much Beach Boys music to begin with that it’s even boycott-able. 

Anyway, fuck trophy hunting
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I don’t come across much Beach Boys music to begin with that it’s even boycott-able. 

Anyway, fuck trophy hunting

Right on!

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    which one always wears the hat with "BEACH BOYS" that looks like it was bought from a bootlegger in the parking lot of a concert?
  • Options
    Here's an interesting photo.  Notice how all the Beach Boys except one are loving and feeding the animals:

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Yeah...I can't boycott the Beach Boys as I legitimately think they're the most overrated act ever.

But I don't think a group this age with (I am guessing) a ton of money needs to play that gig.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    having heard arguments on both sides of trophy hunting I have mixed feelings on it.

One one hand Id rather no animals be hunted for other than food.

Flip side of that is the fees from these wildly expensive permits go toward conservation efforts in the permit issuing country. If that source of funding could be permanently replaced I say abolish the trophy.....

human encroachment on habitat is having a far more damaging effect imo.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Lol.  Is John Stamos still a touring member of Mike Love’s version of the Beach Boys?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Mike Love has always been an idiot
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Agreed , Brian Wilson was/is The Beach Boys!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Agreed , Brian Wilson was/is The Beach Boys!

For sure!  I love Carl Wilson's work with the Beach Boys as well.  "God Only Know" are "The Trader" are pure gold!

• Options
    Well, It won't be hard to boycott either side of this argument, since I think they are both full of shit, and should get over each other.  Also, since I don't really like the band, I don't give a shit anyways.  Keep spitting into the wind if you need to.  Leave me out of it you douche bags.
  • Options
    Well, It won't be hard to boycott either side of this argument, since I think they are both full of shit, and should get over each other.  Also, since I don't really like the band, I don't give a shit anyways.  Keep spitting into the wind if you need to.  Leave me out of it you douche bags.

Brian Wilson is full of shit?

You don't like the band anyway, so none of this matters?

Some one is spitting in the wind?

You were somehow provoked or commanded to interact on this thread?

We are douche bags?

Did I miss anything?

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    brianlux said:

We are douche bags?

Did I miss anything?
    been a member for a month.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

We are douche bags?

Did I miss anything?
    been a member for a month.....

Let's see what Kermit has to say about it...

"Hey kid, don't worry, I'm green too."