Options

Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/rush-limbaugh-lung-cancer-diagnosis-200615946.html

I am not sure what the prognosis is, but anything advanced is not usually good. I never liked the guy, but I do feel bad for him. cancer is horrible.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    🥳
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Hard to feel sorry for a guy that spewed hate for profit his entire life.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    A good reminder that people remember your words and actions and that maybe leading with patience, compassion and empathy come back around at some point (not saying cancer is karmic, but the schadenfreude is). 

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    myoung321 said:
    Hard to feel sorry for a guy that spewed hate for profit his entire life.
    This is exactly how I feel about him.

He makes millions of dollars spewing a rhetoric that is nothing but fear, hate,ignorance, and lies
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Cancer sucks was he a smoker? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Lets not forget his family values crusade, multiple divorces, OxyContin scamming, avoidance of jail time and advocacy for stiff minimum sentencing laws. And feminazis and abortion provider murder rhetoric. Nice guy.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    yes. cigars. like most fat cats.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    i am not going to celebrate this. i really hope that he gets good medical care and recovers.

maybe this will give him a chance to reflect on how he has lived his life and how he has demonized the affordable care act. maybe he will come to realize that all of us have a right to top notch health care. this would be a death sentence for someone who is uninsured.

i realize this is most likely a dream on my part, but maybe it will make him a better person.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    Sadly it won’t happen
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    He was a smoker and a denier of the risks: “There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    i am not going to celebrate this. i really hope that he gets good medical care and recovers.

maybe this will give him a chance to reflect on how he has lived his life and how he has demonized the affordable care act. maybe he will come to realize that all of us have a right to top notch health care. this would be a death sentence for someone who is uninsured.

i realize this is most likely a dream on my part, but maybe it will make him a better person.
    My mother in law passed away from lung cancer smoked for yrs, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone..
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    jeffbr said:
    He was a smoker and a denier of the risks: “There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”

if I didnt already believe in karma, this would push me over the top....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Sadly it won’t happen
    you are probably right. but i think people can be redeemed if put in the proper situation. maybe not him, but sometimes people change.

• Options

My mother in law passed away from lung cancer smoked for yrs, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone..
    oh man, so sorry to hear that. my grandmother had lung cancer and passed away from it as well.

• Options

oh man, so sorry to hear that. my grandmother had lung cancer and passed away from it as well.
    pops 21 yrs ago last october.....40 yr? smoker....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

pops 21 yrs ago last october.....40 yr? smoker....
    Damn sorry to hear ...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I don't feel bad for him.
    I don't care how he goes away - I will just be glad when he's off the airwaves.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Grew up at my grandparents most of the time and this guys voice was always there when I went anywhere with my grandpa. Don’t agree with him on most things, but ironically his voice takes me back to great times with my grandpa. Cancer blows hard and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Not a fan of Rush at all, REALLY not a fan of cancer. 

I’d like to think a bad illness has nothing to do with karma or the surrounding feelings about a particular person. My diagnosis is due to alcohol, not my less-than-stellar moments. 

Anyway, I appreciate gimme’s take on this. Health issues tend to make one take stock of their lives, and their character. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    hedonist said:

I’d like to think a bad illness has nothing to do with karma or the surrounding feelings about a particular person. My diagnosis is due to alcohol, not my less-than-stellar moments. 

Anyway, I appreciate gimme’s take on this. Health issues tend to make one take stock of their lives, and their character. 
    my karma statement was in reference to his apparent stance on the connection  or lack there of in his opinion between tobacco and cancer.

ironic at a minimum

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited February 2020
    This thread is as fucked up as I expected it to be when I clicked on it. 

Never listened to Rush (or to talk radio in general) but he did have a great cameo on Family Guy where he does his own voice that I loved. Brian becomes friends with Rush and becomes a conservative. Or at least conservative-lite. Rush sees right through it. This is probably my favorite exchange in the entire run of Family Guy:

Rush: Face it, Brian. You’re not really a conservative. You’re a liberal. Why try to be something you’re not?

Brian: But I AM a conservative, Rush! I support the death-penalty don’t I? 

Rush: Oh yeah, Brian? Well what about the 4-year-old that was executed in Texas last week?

Brian: THEY EXECUTED A 4-YEAR-OLD?!?!?!?!?!

Rush: No...but just the fact that you’re concerned proves you’re not one of us. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

my karma statement was in reference to his apparent stance on the connection  or lack there of in his opinion between tobacco and cancer.

ironic at a minimum
    Well, that was silly on his part.  I'm a smoker, and even I know this.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hedonist said:

ironic at a minimum
    Well, that was silly on his part.  I'm a smoker, and even I know this.
    willfully ignorant or arrogant or both....

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,681

I like this a lot.  You are a man of good character, gimme.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191

Agree 100 percent. Can never celebrate someone having cancer no matter how much I disagree with or dislike them.  Let’s all be better to each other
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I will not wish ill will on him.  Hopefully, he can defeat his cancer diagnosis...cancer the enemy.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't feel bad for him.
    I don't care how he goes away - I will just be glad when he's off the airwaves.
    Unfortunately, as long as there is profit to be made, someone will fill that void.  

I feel bad for Rush and his loved ones.  Its a terrible sentence and even if he survives it is a struggle.  

As mentioned, optimally, he makes a full recovery and it changes his heart and he can maybe change his tune on healthcare in the US.  

Love him or hate him, Rush Limbaugh is radio legend.  It does take immense talent in his field to fill hours every day without leaning on callers and heavy on pre-taped interviews and such.  He captivates his audience with his words. 

• Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814

So you're saying the best chance for Rush Limbaugh to become a moderately decent person is for him to get cancer? Alright, then; sounds like a win-win. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    He is a terrible human being. He has made the world a worse place.
This discussion has been closed.